• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry poll

Open Carry Poll

• I Open Carry with a CPL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Open Carry without a CPL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UCWT

imported post

i am asking if anyone that can get a cpl but don't and they are non concealed pistol license open carrier by choice not because they can't.

Thanks for your vote!!

UCWT

imported post

nope not really just Curiosity. just wonder if there are any that choose not to pay to do so..

i guess i should change it to
"I am able to get a cpl but choose not to"

sevenplusone

imported post

I had already been carrying concealed (casually as I knew the laws) before I had an incident in which I was semi-opencarrying and was asked to leave a park. After that, I took on OCing with gusto.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I open carried while waiting to take my class and then waiting for my CPL.

After the BS I went through getting suspended for CC when I wasnt, I decided that I just wasnt going to CC at all. My licence comes back in July, but I wont be CCing then either.

UCWT

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I open carried while waiting to take my class and then waiting for my CPL.

After the BS I went through getting suspended for CC when I wasnt, I decided that I just wasnt going to CC at all. My licence comes back in July, but I wont be CCing then either.

so currently you are oc only because of issues at hand and no cpl but after 2 months you will regain your cpl and oc with cpl?

i think you can check the oc with cpl. i will remember your vote.

UCWT

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
I only OC w/o a CPL because Macomb takes 4 friggin months to issue something that should take 30 - 45 days. :cuss:

so you are the same fozzy waiting on your cpl?

you can check with a cpl.

i am asking if any one that can get a cpl but don't and that non cpl oc

if you have/are going through the class and are waiting on your cpl you will fall in the with a cpl side.

Haman J.T.

imported post

I OCed before they finaly gave me my CPL(after a fight) and after CPL.I CC when it rains!

fozzy71

imported post

UCWT wrote:

orly?

Perhaps you should repost your poll and reword the question. I don't see that distinction in your question.

UCWT

imported post

UCWT wrote:
nope not really just Curiosity. just wonder if there are any that choose not to pay to do so..

[/size]

UCWT wrote:
fozzy71 wrote:
I only OC w/o a CPL because Macomb takes 4 friggin months to issue something that should take 30 - 45 days. :cuss:

so you are the same fozzy waiting on your cpl?

you can check with a cpl.

i am asking if anyone that can get a cpl but don't and they are non concealed pistol license open carrier by choice not because they can't.
if you have/are going through the class and are waiting on your cpl you will fall in the with a cpl side.

thought i stated it in my posts...

i didn't think of the people that for some reason can't get a cpl but didn't need to see them vote it was for the people that have all the means to do so but choose not to pay or get a cpl because of what ever reason.

that help sorry if i confused anyone.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes - that might yield better info. I have had 2 CPLs in the past. I let the last one expire. I just couldn't bring myself to give them my hard earned money for a little more ease in carrying. To be truthful now that I'm going to more and more OC events I am tempted to get another CPL out of shear laziness on my part ! (Load...unload...lock up ammo....lock up pistol....store in trunk.....etc..):cry:

UCWT wrote:

Savage.Detroit

imported post

I OC without a CPL but I have applied for one. I've been waiting 11 weeks as of today.

There is a big cluster-funk in Wayne County at the moment (or maybe always). I was told by someone that was at the April 14th gun board that I was on the approved list but when I go by the County office I am told I am yet to be approved and maybe in June. Just gave up in frustration.

I do plan to mostly OC even with the CPL.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I OC with a CPL, don't know if I'd do it without, since in this state, you need the CPL to get in your car with your weapon, without having to put it in the trunk. And of course, having the CPL gives me more places where I can OC.

Frankly, I think the whole permit thing is for the birds, but since I don't make the laws, there's not much I can do but complain about it.

Savage.Detroit

imported post

Yeah, I hate the unload and reload when getting in and out of the car. It makes me more self-conscious. Any day now on the CPL, I hope. I think I may make another trip to the county office to see if their story changes.