• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LaCrosse OC picnic

johnny amish

imported post

My wife and I had the privilege of helping out at the oc picnic in West Salem today. The turnout was positive, the park was very accommodating to families with children as there were activities for them all day. The weather was great, the conversation was pleasant, a good time was had by all. Hats off to the organizers of this event, clearly alot of planning and forethought went into this day. Thank you to the organizersfor your hard work and effort in making this a great picnic. Well done. Carry on.

Gordo

imported post

I did post in the official thread for the event but I will do so again. Outstanding job to our organizers. I also got the chance to meet a lot of good folks (I tried to introduce myself to Hubert but he was a busy guy, maybe next time!) My wife and I were pleased to be a part of it and will continue to do so. I will also note that I had a chance to talk to the West Salem Police officers and they were very polite. I thanked them for allowing the even, even though it was our right and we were doing nothing wrong to begin with, I thought it would be nice to exchange pleasantries and such. They seemed supportive and told me they would take this crowd and even over an event with booze any day. I look forward to more events and getting out and incorporating OC in to my daily life more and more.

Funny thing is I was always one of those guys who was all about getting CC and doing that thing. I have come to my senses since. I think OC is overall not only a means to defend ones self but a warning sign to potential scum bags. I will not support in anyways a CC law that effects our right to OC.

M

McX

imported post

pictures dang it! .........................you guys sign my shirt?

M

McX

imported post

right on gordo! you know that simple shirt will be a treasured object to me, along with your signature. i'll sit here all night waiting for the event pics to come in! thanks for thinking of me.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Thanks to all who worked hard to make this a sterling event and to all who came, OC'd and enjoyed the delicious food. Rooster Andy's did a great job and many local business donated money and product to make this a fine time for all of us.

Thanks also to the members of the West Salem PD who showed up in uniform and were polite and courteous. My interactions with them were very satisfying and they shook my hand and thanked me when we parted.

professor gun

imported post

Perfect weather, excellent job setting this up. Congratulations to those who began putting this together for all of us months ago.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
pictures dang it! .........................you guys sign my shirt?
McX I signed it as well!

Great event. I had an non gun owner with me, and he had a great time as well. I had my camera with me, but ended up not taking any pictures. I saw enough people taking them. I left there around 2, just as a news crew showed up.

Serpent

imported post

Just wanted to say WOW! Thanks to all the great people that turned out for our picnic! Thanks to all the people and businesses who donated door prizes, money, supplies and all the hard work and time. Your efforts really made this a great event!