• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FWI CIty of Milwaukee District #2

P229Sig357DAK

imported post

I was outside doing yardwork on my own property...(sound familiar) when a patrol car passing by saw my holster and sidearm. They stopped.

I slowly stood up and kept my hands away from my sidearm and crossed them infront of my chest.

They asked the usual questions. Why was I carrying? Was I an off duty LE? Did I have any felonies? Could they see my ID?

I told them that they were free to see my ID, but it was in my back pocket. LE officer asked if he could reach for it and I allowed it!

LE officer #1 said that he would normally have taken my side arm until they completed the ID check but that he was at ease with the way I had handled their approach and saw no reason too.

He also informed me that there is a new procedure in place that if anyone calls in that there is a person with a sidearm and that they are uncomfortable with this...that the police will now come and arrest you for "disturbing the peace"

I can only assume that this change in policy is thanks to the recent decision on behalf of the Fedeal Judge in the Gonzales case.

M

McX

imported post

this stinks; your on your own property, and they observe you. did they call you off of your property? did they place their hands on you while on your property? a policy change? more like perversion of the law to suit their needs, in my opinion.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

P229Sig357DAK wrote:
there is a new procedure in place that if anyone calls in that there is a person with a sidearm and that they are uncomfortable with this...that the police will now come and arrest you for "disturbing the peace"
So If I am uncomfortable with a verylarge man with Tattoo's a shaved head, can I call the police and have them arrested too?

I would love to see the internal memo that states this new procedure. And if it does actually exist, I think it is time for a very large O-C march in the city of Milwaukee.

Do the policy makers for the MPD plan to arrest ice-cream truck operators for disturbing the peace? How about war protests, gay-rights parade participants, etc etc etc.

I call bullschitt on this story until I see actual memo's or bulletins from the Milwaukee Police Department.
I bet they were just trying to scare you into submission.

I am not trying to be a dick, but why did you show them your ID? At that point you just waived some of your rights and reinforcedthat officers belief that he can demand ID from anyone at anytime for no reason at all and people will submit.

P229Sig357DAK

imported post

McX wrote:
this stinks; your on your own property, and they observe you. did they call you off of your property? did they place their hands on you while on your property? a policy change? more like perversion of the law to suit their needs, in my opinion.
Yes I was on my own property. No they did not attempt to draw me off of my Property. No they did not attempt to touch me.

M

McX

imported post

you mentioned they reached into your pocket to take your id.

adding in; i'd like to see a legal definition of disturbing the peace, and how it would apply.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

P229Sig357DAK wrote:
I was outside doing yardwork on my own property...(sound familiar) when a patrol car passing by saw my holster and sidearm. They stopped.

I slowly stood up and kept my hands away from my sidearm and crossed them infront of my chest.

They asked the usual questions. Why was I carrying? Was I an off duty LE? Did I have any felonies? Could they see my ID?

I told them that they were free to see my ID, but it was in my back pocket. LE officer asked if he could reach for it and I allowed it!

LE officer #1 said that he would normally have taken my side arm until they completed the ID check but that he was at ease with the way I had handled their approach and saw no reason too.

He also informed me that there is a new procedure in place that if anyone calls in that there is a person with a sidearm and that they are uncomfortable with this...that the police will now come and arrest you for "disturbing the peace"

I can only assume that this change in policy is thanks to the recent decision on behalf of the Fedeal Judge in the Gonzales case.
hmmmmm. I think a Summer OC party is in order at your place, maybe Augustish ? :cool:

M

McX

imported post

nutczak, you are disturbing my peace. your bringing to my attention these glaring inconsistencies has disturbed me. you should be illegally detained immediately, forced to produce id, and ticketed for disturbing my peace by pointing out the facts, and truths. disturbing the peace, i could just puke!

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I call bullschitt on this story until I see actual memo's or bulletins from the Milwaukee Police Department.

Sounds like an open-records request in in order

If anyone has further contact with Milwaukee Police Department please document everything you can. Voice recordings would be great also.

Document date, time, location, officers names and all other circumstances pertinent and contact us immediately.

P229Sig357DAK

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:

If anyone has further contact with Milwaukee Police Department please document everything you can. Voice recordings would be great also.

Document date, time, location, officers names and all other circumstances pertinent and contact us immediately.
I thought it may be bull. I would rather share this info though and find out for sure than ignore it and someone else pays the price fro not being diligent.

Nutczak

imported post

P229Sig357DAK wrote:

I thought it may be bull. I would rather share this info though and find out for sure than ignore it and someone else pays the price fro not being diligent.

P229Sig357DAK;
Just so I am clear, I am not calling you a liar. And could see this "Disturbing the Peace"statement made by the cop as plausible. Remember who their boss is, "Mr. my troops will put them face down on the ground, disarm them, and then see if they still have a right to carry a firearm" Flynn.

If this is actual newpolicy or guidelines within the Milwaukee Police department, I foresee a schittstorm of epic proportions in their immediate future. And I see the city prosecutors being right in the middle of it too.

If we as a group are going to partake in an armed protest of these rights trampling tactics, I willmake thetime to travel down there andparticipate in an event to protest thisin Milwaukee!

yet another reason I am happy living in the middle of nowhere not making a whole heck of alot for an income.
I decided long ago that my liberty and general happiness is far more important to me than making huge amounts of money in a city that is filled with raving lunatic liberals and theiranti-gun sentiment.

I liken the state of affairs in Milwaukee to a case of rectal cancer, it is the butthole of Wisconsin, and if that cancer is not treated immediately, it will kill the rest of the state over time.

P229Sig357DAK

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
P229Sig357DAK wrote:

P229Sig357DAK;
Just so I am clear, I am not calling you a liar. And could see this "Disturbing the Peace"statement made by the cop as plausible. Remember who their boss is, "Mr. my troops will put them face down on the ground, disarm them, and then see if they still have a right to carry a firearm" Flynn.

If this is actual newpolicy or guidelines within the Milwaukee Police department, I foresee a schittstorm of epic proportions in their immediate future. And I see the city prosecutors being right in the middle of it too.

If we as a group are going to partake in an armed protest of these rights trampling tactics, I willmake thetime to travel down there andparticipate in an event to protest thisin Milwaukee!

yet another reason I am happy living in the middle of nowhere not making a whole heck of alot for an income.
I decided long ago that my liberty and general happiness is far more important to me than making huge amounts of money in a city that is filled with raving lunatic liberals and theiranti-gun sentiment.

I liken the state of affairs in Milwaukee to a case of rectal cancer, it is the butthole of Wisconsin, and if that cancer is not treated immediately, it will kill the rest of the state over time.
All righty then! I gave the benefit of the doubt when Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote: I call bullschitt on this story until I see actual memo's or bulletins from the Milwaukee Police Department.

I thought I might be mis interpreting his statement if I took it personal and thought he must mean that the police department would be lying about the new procedure...but then...

Nutczak wrote: Just so I am clear, I am not calling you a liar...

What a charming group of people to question my integrity. I hardly ever post here. I have observed the rules even when I disagree with them. I certainly couldn't be a troll with so few posts. I have done what I can not te be controversial within this forum or to bring controversy to the forum by my conduct out in the real world promoting open carry. I dont post when I do it nor even the first time I did it...I dont feel that I need the encouragement...and save it for someone who does. One more crack about my sincerity to this cause or my honesty and I will be through with this forum. There are many worthy causes out there that need moral hard working supporters...dont want my support...thats fine. Buy you need to ask yourself why some causes fail to gain and keep supporters...and what happens to those causes that cant keep them.

Cobra469

imported post

First your misquoting people. the bullshit was a quote from another post.

Second the comment about not calling you a liar was a clarification of that persons previous (misquoted) post that was calling bullshit. Slow down and read through nutz posts and it will help you to see what I am saying. Nobody is calling into question your integrity just saying that the cops are full of the BS and were probably trying to intimidate you.

bigdaddy1

imported post

OK, first off I dont think the police can ask forID if no crime was commited. Secondly IF (and thats a big IF) there were a complaint the police should (would) have said right off the bat there was a complaint. Granted I was not there but it seems to me that the cops had their own agenda here.

Nutczak

imported post

P229,

You took my clarification the wrong way!!
After reading what I wrote, I thought you may take it that I was saying you were lying, and that is not the case. So I go ahead and clarify it to make sure you knew I was referring to the cop lying, but you took that the wrong way instead.

Did you not read the rest of the paragraph or something?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Satisfied by an oral statement without a seizure of papers.

968.24 Temporary questioning without arrest. After
having identified himself or herself as a law enforcement officer,
a law enforcement officer may stop a person in a public place for
a reasonable period of time when the officer reasonably suspects
that such person is committing, is about to commit or has committed
a crime, and may demand the name and address of the person
and an explanation of the person’s conduct. Such detention
and temporary questioning shall be

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Satisfied by an oral statement without a seizure of papers.

968.24 Temporary questioning without arrest. After
having identified himself or herself as a law enforcement officer,
a law enforcement officer may stop a person in a public place for
a reasonable period of time when the officer reasonably suspects
that such person is committing, is about to commit or has committed
a crime, and may demand the name and address of the person
and an explanation of the person’s conduct. Such detention
and temporary questioning shall be
This supposedly happened on private property