• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can you conceal carry a long arm?

aktion

imported post

Oh, come now. Clearly that was not a barrage directed at you entirely.Or even mostly. Did I really need to spell out that I was addressing points in general, using a some that you made as a springboard? Who's taking things too personally?

If I was attacking you, you would know it. Toughen up a little, I'm attempting to contribute to meaningful lively debate. Have you noticed most of the threads these days are hardly worth reading? Little or nothing to do with Open Carry often times.If you disagree with my methods or points, I'm ok with that.

'Thanks for the insults'? Really? In the spirit of taking things too personally.....

You're Welcome. I meant to make you feel bad on the internet because we disagree.

:banghead:

Oh, and if you did help organize the Olympia rally, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to you. No sarcasm, no cynicism, just a thank you. I'd buy you a beer if we drank at the same bar.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

aktion wrote:
Oh, come now. Clearly that was not a barrage directed at you entirely.Or even mostly. Did I really need to spell out that I was addressing points in general, using a some that you made as a springboard? Who's taking things too personally?

If I was attacking you, you would know it. Toughen up a little, I'm attempting to contribute to meaningful lively debate. Have you noticed most of the threads these days are hardly worth reading? Little or nothing to do with Open Carry often times.If you disagree with my methods or points, I'm ok with that.

'Thanks for the insults'? Really? In the spirit of taking things too personally.....

You're Welcome. I meant to make you feel bad on the internet because we disagree.

:banghead:

Oh, and if you did help organize the Olympia rally, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to you. No sarcasm, no cynicism, just a thank you. I'd buy you a beer if we drank at the same bar.

I have plenty enough thick skin. Many threads are about things other than OC. I will call people on that too, and often enough we swerve back to a valueable topic.

I did my small part at the rally. I give most credit to David and Jim (ADAMS and Deros), but they will vouch for me, a raincheck on the beer.

Again, I classify my view as "...shall not be infringed." That always drives the crowd at the gun show nuts, handguns, long guns, machine guns should all be allowed.

aktion

imported post

'Again, I classify my view as "...shall not be infringed." That always drives the crowd at the gun show nuts, handguns, long guns, machine guns should all be allowed.'

Huzzah! We're shoulder to shoulder on that one! I'll keep the beer on ice.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I don't see why you couldn't, although there are laws against the furtive concealment of weapons. And if you want to get technical, one might even be able to argue that the definition for a handgun might include a pistol gripped shotgun in this state.

More importantly though, other than sheer mental masturbation, I can't see the issue coming up. It's just not practical to conceal a long arm

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I don't see why you couldn't, although there are laws against the furtive concealment of weapons. And if you want to get technical, one might even be able to argue that the definition for a handgun might include a pistol gripped shotgun in this state.

More importantly though, other than sheer mental masturbation, I can't see the issue coming up. It's just not practical to conceal a long arm

This made me think of another aspect of someone walking around while concealing a long arm in public. And that is, if someone happened to observe someone who was concealing a long arm (but who had slipped up momentarily and let the long gun become visible) what is the appropriate response? What is the appropriate response from a gun carrier? A ninny lib anti?

If I saw a guy walking down a business district street, wearing a long coat, and I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be an AR under his coat, what should I do? If it were a shotgun, would there be a difference?

What if I were in a mall in, say, Omaha and I saw some young shaggy-haired feller walk in wearingvery baggy sweatshirt and pants--and I noticed as he got in the elevator that he seemed to have an AK in his pants.

Should I confront him? Should I dial 9-1-1? Should I give him the nod of recognition and respect typically offered from one gun guy to another when they cross paths in public?

What would others do?

Trigger Dr

imported post

HankT wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

This made me think of another aspect of someone walking around while concealing a long arm in public. And that is, if someone happened to observe someone who was concealing a long arm (but who had slipped up momentarily and let the long gun become visible) what is the appropriate response? What is the appropriate response from a gun carrier? A ninny lib anti?

If I saw a guy walking down a business district street, wearing a long coat, and I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be an AR under his coat, what should I do? If it were a shotgun, would there be a difference?

What if I were in a mall in, say, Omaha and I saw some young shaggy-haired feller walk in wearingvery baggy sweatshirt and pants--and I noticed as he got in the elevator that he seemed to have an AK in his pants.

Should I confront him? Should I dial 9-1-1? Should I give him the nod of recognition and respect typically offered from one gun guy to another when they cross paths in public?

What would others do?
"ina manner, under circumstances....etc."

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I have fairly long arms should I not wear a jacket?

They are hard to conceal no matter what I wear people still can see I have pretty long arms. The hands at the end of them are the dead give away.

Why are we feeding the trolls?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
HankT wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

What would others do?
I have fairly long arms should I not wear a jacket?

They are hard to conceal no matter what I wear people still can see I have pretty long arms. The hands at the end of them are the dead give away.

Today, if I saw someone as described above.....I would dial 9-1-1 immediately.

What woud you do, SVG?

killchain

imported post

fight4your_rights wrote:
killchain wrote:
Really. Seriously. How are you going to hide a rifle? Or a "short barrel shotgun?" It's 90+ degrees out there. You gonna sport the trench coat?

[EDIT]Jeez. Just buy a Judge if you want a shot shell. Or LEARN HOW TO SHOOT.
Lol, I use a Benelli M1 for shot shells.

Although I don't plan on carrying a concealed long arm like the OP asked, I do appreciate your attempt at answering my legal question. Perhaps I should just contact the State AG for his opinion.

Why not? I wrote them about a question. One of their aides responded to me.

http://www.atg.wa.gov

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Someone with long arms?

No, SVG.

What would you do if you saw someone like this?:

HankT wrote:

What if I were in a mall in, say, Omaha and I saw some young shaggy-haired feller walk in wearingvery baggy sweatshirt and pants--and I noticed as he got in the elevator

sudden valley gunner

imported post

HankT wrote:
Someone with long arms?

No, SVG.

HankT wrote:

What if I were in a mall in, say, Omaha and I saw some young shaggy-haired feller walk in wearingvery baggy sweatshirt and pants--and I noticed as he got in the elevator
Not enough information to judge. But of course you know that. Silly trolling technique.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
Someone with long arms?

No, SVG.

HankT wrote:

Not enough information to judge. But of course you know that. Silly trolling technique.

You woudn't even call 911?

Odd.