• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Head count for Dennys Meet. 5-22-10

69Charger

imported post

5-22-10 10:00am. NEXT SATURDAY. :)
How many are going to make it to Dennys on 108th and Pacific Ave in Tacoma for a meet and Greet?
I would like to give them a heads up. They are going to give us a corner and I would like to know how big this corner needs to be.
Really hope to get to meet some of you local guys and gals.
Let me know by Wednesday please. :?
Thanks.:)

Dave

69Charger

imported post

Bumping this back up to the top so you all don't forget to come. :cool:
Thanks to all the IM IN people so far. :)
Lets hear from some more people. :D
Dave

amzbrady

imported post

Charger, you should have done the button thingy that allows people to click on the buttons, like "will be attending" "will not be attending" "may be attending". Maybe someone can bring a laptop to your meet and show you. It's really handy, and easier to keep track of, although I dont think you can rsvp additional guest's on it for a total number with extras. Just thought I'd throw that out, didnt know if you knew about it.

69Charger

imported post

Just got back from Dennys.
Talked with a different manager this time and told him we were going to have a meet and greet with people and wanted to give them a heads up on that.
Told him we are at a dozen or more and he asked me to tell the first person that shows up there to give him (the manager) a heads up and he will work on getting tables together for us.
Not once did he ask what kind of group we are and I did not lend any info to him on that.
I (I should say my son and I)will be there at about 9:30

See ya there.
Dave

amzbrady

imported post

69Charger wrote:
Talked with a different manager this time and told him we were going to have a meet and greet with people and wanted to give them a heads up on that.
Told him we are at a dozen or more and he asked me to tell the first person that shows up there to give him (the manager) a heads up and he will work on getting tables together for us.
Not once did he ask what kind of group we are and I did not lend any info to him on that.
It will be a hoot to see his face when I take off my coat and have this big old 45 hangin off my belt.
Can you say, DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS. :)
See ya there.
Dave
hey, theres a good reason to carry, Shock value. He didnt even care that a group is comming, just gonna figure it out when it happens, huh?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
69Charger wrote:
It will be a hoot to see his face when I take off my coat and have this big old 45 hangin off my belt.
Can you say, DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS. :)
See ya there.
Dave
hey, theres a good reason to carry, Shock value. He didnt even care that a group is comming, just gonna figure it out when it happens, huh?
It seems he thought better of that statement and went back and edited it out. It is those type of statements that have me seriously considering not attending.

69Charger

imported post

My statement was not meant to make any of you grumpy. When you carry a gun openly, you are bound to get some looks. Deer in the headlights look is just the one I felt this manager would give. If this is such a affending remark to some, then I guess I am sorry. I guess.
Dave

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

69Charger wrote:
My statement was not meant to make any of you grumpy. When you carry a gun openly, you are bound to get some looks. Deer in the headlights look is just the one I felt this manager would give. If this is such a affending remark to some, then I guess I am sorry. I guess.
Dave

Don't worry too much. I think the fear is that anti's will see comments like your "deer in the headlights' one and think that is the reaction we are trying to provoke, so there is a tendency to be careful about making those kinds of remarks, online or in public. We want OC'ers to be seen as normal people going about our normal business, not as crazy gun-owners trying to provoke reactions out of the general public.

Have fun at Denny's, guys. I used to hang out at that one many years ago.