• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wild West Academy CPL classes

Mad Hatter

imported post

Beerme wrote:
I have made my point and I am done with this thread.

You've yet to make a valid point, You crucify his opinion while offering only opinion in support. You accused him of "Making up law" and when I correctly pointed out that "Rule" was used, a VERY REAL difference, you change your tune to "He shouldn't be offering opinion." You're being dishonest.

I googled "21 Foot Rule" and there's over 32,000 listings. To claim Mark is making it up is complete BS. It IS a widely accepted guideline of when you can and cannot shoot an assailant. Just because YOU, personally, don't like it and think you know better with your extensive firearm experience does NOT make it right for you to rip up this honest, nice person who really does a TON of good by promoting both open and concealed carry.

As for the "Pass the course" joke at the beginning of the video...

There's a certain amount of tension at the start of the class. Students don't always know what to expect. This sort of quip is designed to ease tension and get folks to relax. You need a better grasp of human nature and teaching methods.

He's also on the Oakland County Gun Board, meaning, he's going to approve or deny your application.

I Know he'll approve it, because he's an honorable man and he won't let your personal attacks persuade him. But you really oughta take that into account before you trash the guy.

Time to "Man up" and admit you "Misunderstood" the video and launched as a result of your misconceptions. That would be the honorable thing to do.

SecretSoldierfrs

imported post

I would like to thank Beemer for all of the free publicity. You see, there is no such thing as "bad" publicity, any mention of my name or school is good. People have a nautral tendency to think the opposite of what is being said. That's how it works. If I say someone is a jerk, the brain immediately starts processing if that is so, and looks first at what is good about them to validate the position. As has been evidenced by this rediculous three day skirmish, by phone, by email, and on this site, all that has happened is it has generated the good things about me, not the bad. And even if id did elicit negative things, that's still invaluable publicity. So, my thanks to all who have said anything about me good or bad. It has boosted my bueinss tremendously, and my contact.

Celine Dione was asked on David Letterman once if it bothered her that many say she can't sing? Her reply was this; "When I look out at an audience of 30,000 people who paid a minimum of $50.00 to hear me sing, it doesn't bother me at all."

So, sing I will, and those who choose to spend theirprecious time in life dragging the fault, blame, and negative thinking wagon around will end up one day regretting it. All that is really of value in this life is what we can do for others, feed them, house them, help them, pray for them, and be grateful for all that we are blessed if, the ability to walk, to talk, to think, totake in air, etc.

People really don't care what you know, they just want to know that you care. They will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget the way you made them feel. They will always remember the feeling. So go for the feeling, and you will be as fortunate as I am to have hundreds of friends, no enemies, a peaceful happy life, and the joy of knowing that you made someone else's day or life better.

I would hope that the above could be the end of all of this, but I doubt that it will. It will be the end for me as I won't post or read this forum anymore as I haven't seen a positive remark anywhere in days. That is not for me, whether itinvolves me or not. Life really is too short as the Beatles said; "For all this fussing and fighting my friends".

May the peace of God which passeth all understanding keep your hearts and minds in the true state and spirit of everlasing Peace. Pastor Mark

SecretSoldierfrs

imported post

Oh, sorry. The positive remarks made by those who came to my defense will be cherished forever by me. You will always be at the top of my list, as you have shown support for me, and there is no price or value large enough to say thank you for that to the degree that it is deserving of. THANK YOU! Really. I know who you are, and I will never forget you. I will always be at your disposal for anything at anytime. Thank You.

As someone said to me yesterday; "If the Michigan Militia is behind you, things must be good!" For those who may not know it, there was a little bit of tongue and cheek in that, not to be taken literally, unless you really want to.

Peace and Love to all

Pastor Mark

P.S. I will preform wedding ceremonies for any members of MOC or Michigan Militia for no charge this summer, and give a free CPL class to the bride and groom, or any member of the wedding party. NO THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIA"L ADVERTISEMENT! IT is an offer to give something away for free which is my privilege.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

SecretSoldierfrs wrote:
Oh, sorry. The positive remarks made by those who came to my defense will be cherished forever by me. You will always be at the top of my list, as you have shown support for me, and there is no price or value large enough to say thank you for that to the degree that it is deserving of. THANK YOU! Really. I know who you are, and I will never forget you. I will always be at your disposal for anything at anytime. Thank You.

As someone said to me yesterday; "If the Michigan Militia is behind you, things must be good!" For those who may not know it, there was a little bit of tongue and cheek in that, not to be taken literally, unless you really want to.

Peace and Love to all

Pastor Mark

P.S. I will preform wedding ceremonies for any members of MOC or Michigan Militia for no charge this summer, and give a free CPL class to the bride and groom, or any member of the wedding party. NO THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIA"L ADVERTISEMENT! IT is an offer to give something away for free which is my privilege.

Haha, damn, too bad I'm a few years away from that :celebrate

Take it easy Pastor Mark! I doubt anyones good opinions of you have changed. :D

Haman J.T.

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
The only things I inferred are the two things he stated in his vid
you shoot downrange you pass
and his 21 foot rule
the rest was a comparison to the actions of other crappy instructors
He's right.Before all this CPL stuff,all you had to do is draw your gun,point it and shoot,to protect yourself.Anyone can do that to protect their life and that's the simple truth that has been used since the begining.

DetroitBiker

Stainless,you just post up a link in a 7 month old thread? Its a good video to promote Marks bussinees and all, but why just a link without any comment or anything? just curious

you seem to spend a lot of time promoting this instructor,Maybe he should hire you as a sales representative to drum up business. You could be his poster child /protege

Beerme

Banned
well I did have the pleasure of meeting Mr Cortis and honestly he was a joke.
He wears 5 ID lanyards, I sat in on a portion of a class of his and all he did was speak about himself.
When I asked him for a business card he pulled a stack out of his pocket and gave me 5
2 for WWA
1 for Mark Cortis bedroom photography
2 for mark cortis medicinal marijuana caregiver.

I cannot believe he is on the gunboard

TheQ

When I asked him for a business card he pulled a stack out of his pocket and gave me 5
2 for WWA

Bedroom Photography. Kinky, I might be able to use that information!

Haman J.T.

He wears 5 ID lanyards, I sat in on a portion of a class of his and all he did was speak about himself.
2 for WWA

But he is and thats a good thing.Thank You and God Bless You Mark!

DetroitBiker

Bedroom Photography. Kinky, I might be able to use that information!

Hey that job might not be to bad
xlw09x.jpg

I don`t have a problem with caregivers either, some people need it.
mipd12.jpg

just sayin :D

Beerme

Banned
Hey that job might not be to bad
xlw09x.jpg

I don`t have a problem with caregivers either, some people need it.
mipd12.jpg

just sayin :D

neither do I
it seems that Mr cortis jumps on any wagon that can make money
was doing cpl classes once they picked up
then saw care giving when it was picked up
and i mean he taught stainless to CC at a school.
need i say more

Haman J.T.

neither do I
it seems that Mr cortis jumps on any wagon that can make money
was doing cpl classes once they picked up
then saw care giving when it was picked up
and i mean he taught stainless to CC at a school.
need i say more
It's called the American Dream.Doing something,not just talking about it.Carry On Mark!

stainless1911

Banned
2 for WWA

I call BS on that. I talked to Mark today, he is NOT a caregiver, although there isn't anything wrong with it. A bedroom photographer? really? he is a photographer, but he is also a minister. Aah, the lanyards, yes, he has a license to carry a tazer and other dangerous weapons, one for his work with OCSD, one for the gun board, one for his PFZ exempt status, what's wrong with being able to show the proper ID? You can do prison time for not having the right ID on you. Like not having your CPL while driving. Quit talking out of your ass man, what did he ever do to you?

Beerme

Banned
I call BS on that. I talked to Mark today, he is NOT a caregiver, although there isn't anything wrong with it. A bedroom photographer? really? he is a photographer, but he is also a minister. Aah, the lanyards, yes, he has a license to carry a tazer and other dangerous weapons, one for his work with OCSD, one for the gun board, one for his PFZ exempt status, what's wrong with being able to show the proper ID? You can do prison time for not having the right ID on you. Like not having your CPL while driving. Quit talking out of your ass man, what did he ever do to you?

You can call BS all you want he told me he was a caregiver and gave a card to me to give to a family member.

the fact of the matter is you took his class got caught breaking a law that he should have educated you on.
the man is a joke

army74

Ive never met Mark so i have nothing to say. But curious almost certain he told certain student's of his cpl classes its not OK to try and pull a gun out of your holster in front of a group of people or even supposedly pulling a mag out and handing rounds to teenage kids if it was my kid this person did that to we would have a serious problem even though my kids already know about safety of guns. Since your promoting wild west academy here's another one for webbtactical.com ran by MOC president Scott Webb that's where ill probably go for my range time for renewal.Thank You everyone for your time.

TheQ

Since your promoting wild west academy here's another one for webbtactical.com ran by MOC president Scott Webb that's where ill probably go for my range time for renewal.

I'll probably just go to my gun club, shoot, keep a log, and write down the name of someone else who was there at the same time I was. Since I keep up on the laws and not to mention, read what is posted here (which often involves talk of laws), I'm sure I'm covered.

I'll save a little money that way ;) But hey, that's just me.