• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victim of a firearm with mind of it's own?

steveman01

imported post

I know that the peeps running this site think that because someone wears a badge they are flawless people, and should in no way be criticized. So I will say this is not to bash cops, because it's not. I don't believe that because someone wears a badge that they are a screw up, nor are they perfect. I do believe that they are human and should be treated as anyone else. A lac is a lac and a criminal is a criminal, a badge/titleshould not exempt anyone. Now with that made clear:

Were the hoplophobes right? A gun can apparently decide when to fire according to Detroit police.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_police_search_girl_killed

A 100+ yrs ago they might have been able to pull this one off. But with modern firearms that the police use, no way. Personally I don't care who it is, warrant no warrant, if they don't have the decency to knockthey're getting sprayed. After all the only people I know that break into homes are criminals. Some might say well they yell "police" ummm not all the time. Besides I know criminals(Dayton area, OH)that yell that to.

Are they called search warrants or raid warrants? I think law should clarify.
Did they honestly have a warrant to raid both apartments? If so how?
Will they dare use this to further infringe our rights?
Would we have heard about this if itthe victim wasthe criminal?

open4years

imported post

One thing I fear is there going on a no knock warrent but they enter the wrong house. It has happened a number of times. In one wrong address case, an elderly woman, in a wheelchair, heard her door crashing down and men rushing at her. She fired one shot and a volley of bullets went her way, killing her. The officers say they loadly said: "Police!" but who knows.

What I fear more than that, is the disturbing trend among BGs to announce "Police!" as they enter. Some are wearing T-shirts that say police. They could even buy a police uniform, badge, etc. How do I know if it is real officers or not?

There would be no reason to enter my home, but I couldn't shoot someone dressed as a LEO. I woul hate to be wrong and be murdered when I had the means to protect myself.

steveman01

imported post

Badge or not I see them as armed men. Breaking into my home armed is a no no, I will protect me and my family. They need to learn courtesy.

Although they have a badge they are still human and are still capable of any crime. Rape, Murder, Burglary, ect. Not "cop bashing" just stating the facts.

I don't see how a man can not be justified in shooting an armed intruder just because he has a badge. Especially when it's dark and you can't see. It's so much easier for a leo to get away with a crime.

But this gun just fired itself! lol! Betcha I couldn't get away with that.

daddy4count

imported post

There is not a single handgun available to law enforcement, or any manufactured in almost a century, that will fire "accidentally"

Those guns that fire when dropped down a staircase in a movie are Hollywood fiction.

If a modern handgun fires, the trigger was depressed. End of story.

A phone call to any firearm manufacturer will confirm this.

cscitney87

imported post

daddy4count wrote:
There is not a single handgun available to law enforcement, or any manufactured in almost a century, that will fire "accidentally"

Those guns that fire when dropped down a staircase in a movie are Hollywood fiction.

If a modern handgun fires, the trigger was depressed. End of story.

A phone call to any firearm manufacturer will confirm this.
You are 100% correct. There's no standard issue law enforcement pistol that has the ability to fire without the trigger being depressed.

zack991

imported post

open4years wrote:
One thing I fear is there going on a no knock warrent but they enter the wrong house. It has happened a number of times. In one wrong address case, an elderly woman, in a wheelchair, heard her door crashing down and men rushing at her. She fired one shot and a volley of bullets went her way, killing her. The officers say they loadly said: "Police!" but who knows.

What I fear more than that, is the disturbing trend among BGs to announce "Police!" as they enter. Some are wearing T-shirts that say police. They could even buy a police uniform, badge, etc. How do I know if it is real officers or not?

There would be no reason to enter my home, but I couldn't shoot someone dressed as a LEO. I woul hate to be wrong and be murdered when I had the means to protect myself.

Another reason why I am very much against no knock warrants. It is extremely disturbing that the departments are militarizing theirpolice units and wearingfull head gear like some spec ops group. There are a number of stories where police have gotten address wrong and done these no knock warrants. When people have been hurt their excuse is" well our inside man (drug dealer) has assured us it was the right address and we are sorry for the family loss". Instead of turning our police into another military group how aboutgoing in the day time to do more surveillance on the home and make sure it is the right address and not some honest family. Or better yet giving the honest citizen little to zero restrictions on their right to defend their family. Which by the way we can do better than any masked police departments ever wish they could.

I for one agree 1000000% with Jeff cooper on this matter and the mask BULLSH&T
You can come bum rushing into my home in all black out uniforms and I will always return fire, anyone can yell police or search warrant. Surprise me by having the house secure and knocking on my door without all the Blackout commando gear and show your id and the damn warrant. Otherwise I will treat you like any other threat. This is not Iraq, Iran, or any other damn war zone. KNOCK ON THE DAMN DOOR AND HAVE YOUR ID READY AND WARRANT IN HAND. I understand that police want to get home alive, just as i do not want my family shot up by SWAT officers who are on edge based off of the wrong Intel from a damn drug dealer, turned witness.

"Already a couple of the faithful have sent in checks for a foundation memorial to the innocents who perished at the hands of the ninja at Waco ... I have been criticized by referring to our federal masked men as 'ninja' ... Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view."

-Jeff coooper

Sorry for my poor grammar this no knock garbage drives me insane.

steveman01

imported post

open4years wrote:
I wonder if this thread will become locked like the one I posted about LEOs.

I hope not, cause this wasn't so much about leo's as it is about "firearms out of control". When originally posted, the reportquoted thepoliceas saying the gun "accidentally" discharged during a scuffle with a woman inside the home. However we now know that to be a lie as suspected. I'm not trying to portray a bad image for LE's, but it seems they're doing just that to themselves.

Folks who OC, should be aware of the chances they take by doing so. As well as the ones they take by not. That is mostly what I intendthis thread to be about.

We do need to stop these "no-knocks" or we'll end up with more and more "Accidents". I mean if a 7yr old got burned and shot while sleeping, what about a guy OC'n? Or doing a little trigger practice with a dummy round?

I hope he's a regular "Bob Munden"!!:shock:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zack991 wrote:
open4years wrote:

Another reason why I am very much against no knock warrants. It is extremely disturbing that the departments are militarizing theirpolice units and wearingfull head gear like some spec ops group. There are a number of stories where police have gotten address wrong and done these no knock warrants. When people have been hurt their excuse is" well our inside man (drug dealer) has assured us it was the right address and we are sorry for the family loss". Instead of turning our police into another military group how aboutgoing in the day time to do more surveillance on the home and make sure it is the right address and not some honest family. Or better yet giving the honest citizen little to zero restrictions on their right to defend their family. Which by the way we can do better than any masked police departments ever wish they could.

I for one agree 1000000% with Jeff cooper on this matter and the mask BULLSH&T
You can come bum rushing into my home in all black out uniforms and I will always return fire, anyone can yell police or search warrant. Surprise me by having the house secure and knocking on my door without all the Blackout commando gear and show your id and the damn warrant. Otherwise I will treat you like any other threat. This is not Iraq, Iran, or any other damn war zone. KNOCK ON THE DAMN DOOR AND HAVE YOUR ID READY AND WARRANT IN HAND. I understand that police want to get home alive, just as i do not want my family shot up by SWAT officers who are on edge based off of the wrong Intel from a damn drug dealer, turned witness.

"Already a couple of the faithful have sent in checks for a foundation memorial to the innocents who perished at the hands of the ninja at Waco ... I have been criticized by referring to our federal masked men as 'ninja' ... Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view."

-Jeff coooper

Sorry for my poor grammar this no knock garbage drives me insane.
I refer to them as Jack Booted Thugs...if the shoe fits:?...