Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: racine kenosha area open carry meet and discuss

McX

Post imported post

i hadn't realized how quickly the month has slipped by. we will be pressed up against a holiday weekend. and i don't want to interfere with that weekend, and the member's related plans.
    i'm sorry it's on short notice, but i'll call for another meet and greet on the 23rd- a sunday i beleive. i haven't heard what the weather will be, nor scouted out locations yet. but may i propose we hit rak's location again. there has been little activity, and exposure for oc in the kenosha area. we all found our way to the location, and it accomodated us well, with ample outside seating, and ample parking. the customers and management seemed at ease with us as well. so let's show them it was not a one time occurance! we WILL be seen there, upon occassions.
    there are many issues and topics to discuss, especially coming on the heels of the big picnic, where everyone in attendance got to discuss, and exposure to new thoughts and ideas. and then there is this milwaukee thing.
    i welcome participants thoughts and opinions on a meeting location, and urge anyone who didn't get to the big picnic, or seeks an opportunity to open carry in a public forum, or just a chance to discuss things on their minds to attend our coffee meet and greet. all are welcome, and there is always room for more!

Post imported post

Sounds great to me! I will bring your shirt for ya!

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX

Post imported post

again, i appologise to everyone, the time has slipped by me this month. if you can make it, indicate so, so we know we won't be sitting there alone. i hope all are in agreement as to meet there again, and see the reasoning in this idea. we have the rest of the summer ahead of us, to get to other locations. rak, if you would jump in here, and post the starbucks address for everyone's GPS, and i extend the welcome to our brothers in illinois to join us, and share their thoughts and experiences, and ways we can help them down there too. i urge all who can to attend the illinois meet the day prior to our coffee clutch. is everyone on agreement as to the time? I think we did 1 pm, as a planned start time. i will leave early, to ensure i show on time. thank you to all for your consideration!

Post imported post

1 pm is fine for me.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX

Post imported post

good morning ladies and gentlemen, and all the ships at sea. this just handed me; weather report for sunday is high near 80, and sunny.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Wish I could make it! Yet again I will be up north nailing the spawning bluegills till late sunday . Have a good time guys!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Depending on how work on the car goes this week I might be able to attend. If the car gets put back together and ready to race for Sunday then I will be busy, if it's not then I can make a meeting somewhere...

McX

Post imported post

i heard rumor that attendees will get a free mechanix ltd. baseball hat, to dress up their summer wardrobe. goes well with a wisconsincarrry t-shirt.

McX

Post imported post

bump

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

Sorry couldn't make it. It would of been an awesome day, maybe too hot unlike last time when I almost got frostbitten!

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

It was a great meet & greet! I'll let McX report on who was there. Weather was of course beautiful and we talked about lots of "stuff" and had some good laughs along the way. I got to touch bases with Frank and Geoff who I hadn't seen since last year; and meet some new (to me) 2A supporters. A very congenial group and no Starbuck's customers were injured in the production of this epic.... In fact some of them thanked us for carrying and also got treated to some info' pamphlets.

Thanks for organizing this meet, McX; and thanks for the
    Mechanix ltd. baseball cap!

Dave
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

Dang it! I wanted a cap too!!

People said thanks? Really?

McX

Post imported post

an extremeky positive meeting, the weather was perfect, and allowed us to meet from 1 pm to well after 5 pm. thank you to all who made the trip to join us. for those who were unable to attend, your presence was missed, and the empty chairs noted. we had positive interaction with the staff at starbucks, and even the customers; several pamphlets were handed out, and questions answered.
    a 'thank you' should also be mentioned to the police authority for pleasant prarie; while responding to a civil matter, that placed them within 25 feet or so of us, we recieved nothing more than a casual glance from them while they completed the matter before them, paying no attention to us further!
    thank you again to all who signed my wisconsin carry shirt. it will be placed in a spot of the highest honor in my bedroom, to be treasured by me always.
    our next meet has been decided to be in racine, and we'll call for it in about a month.
    again, thank you to all.

Post imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
    Dang it! I wanted a cap too!!

People said thanks? Really?
    Sure did! One guy who rode up on a bike with his wife (GF?) came out of Starbucks and walked over to our table and thanked us for open carrying and standing up for our rights. He actually spoke with Frank. It was quite refreshing! Another guy pulled up and asked us out of his truck window what the laws were in Wisconsin for permits or having a firearm. I spoke with him for a few minutes and Frank gave him a Wisconsin Carry pamphlet. This guy had just returned from a 3 year tour in Iraq and wanted to get into carry but didn't know where to get the legal information. We directed him towards this site and of course Wisconsin Carry! All in all it was a great day!

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    our next meet has been decided to be in racine, and we'll call for it in about a month.
    again, thank you to all.
    How about a little further West and North next time? Maybe even more people would show up.

Dave

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

McX

Post imported post

i'd say; pick your spot dave, your next up after racine, only fair!

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    i'd say; pick your spot dave, your next up after racine, only fair!
    That sounds good to me!

—John F. Kennedy

McX

Post imported post

rak, i'd suggest for that one, you jump to me, and you, i, and springfield will all go together.

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    rak, i'd suggest for that one, you jump to me, and you, i, and springfield will all go together.

That would be fine with me. I have to say that today was one of the best, if not THE BEST get together's I have attended yet. Small group, good people, all interacting and a good host environment. What more could we ask for?!? This was a great get together! With that said, I would be happy to go up North or wherever to meet new people and discuss current events and just hang out and spend money I don't have (). LOL! Seriously though, today was great! I enjoyed everyone's company and discussions and went home much more knowledgeable than when I arrived. I am looking forward to Glock34's birthday.

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

Thanks for the consideration, guys; I'll have to do some research on a good place. Oh, by the way, I found myself a microphone on eBay; but somebody else today was talking about getting a voice recorder and I just found this: http://tinyurl.com/343frlv

rcawdor57
    , were you able to get any stills of us sitting at Starbuck's. I forgot to bring my camera today.

Dave
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Post imported post

Had a great time.
    Thanks MCK for organizing the meet and for the Mechanix Ltd cap. i will were it proudly.
    looking foreword to the next one.

Post imported post

Dang - Wish I had checked the forums more often! I could have made it.

Post imported post

Alright! Another Kenosha person. Heck, I thought I was the only one. Good to know there is at least one other O.C.er out there!

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    rcawdor57, were you able to get any stills of us sitting at Starbuck's. I forgot to bring my camera today.

Dave
    Unfortunately I forgot to push "record". LOL! Good thing we didn't need any video support yesterday. I got home and noticed it was on but not recording. I think that is the 2nd time in a year that I forgot to push "record". Oh well.:X

—John F. Kennedy

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sounds like it was a great meet.

I was able to get the race car together and made it to the event yesterday, I won and we didn't break too much so it was worth it. =)

I hope I can make the next meet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast