• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

racine kenosha area open carry meet and discuss

M

McX

imported post

i hadn't realized how quickly the month has slipped by. we will be pressed up against a holiday weekend. and i don't want to interfere with that weekend, and the member's related plans.
i'm sorry it's on short notice, but i'll call for another meet and greet on the 23rd- a sunday i beleive. i haven't heard what the weather will be, nor scouted out locations yet. but may i propose we hit rak's location again. there has been little activity, and exposure for oc in the kenosha area. we all found our way to the location, and it accomodated us well, with ample outside seating, and ample parking. the customers and management seemed at ease with us as well. so let's show them it was not a one time occurance! we WILL be seen there, upon occassions.
there are many issues and topics to discuss, especially coming on the heels of the big picnic, where everyone in attendance got to discuss, and exposure to new thoughts and ideas. and then there is this milwaukee thing.
i welcome participants thoughts and opinions on a meeting location, and urge anyone who didn't get to the big picnic, or seeks an opportunity to open carry in a public forum, or just a chance to discuss things on their minds to attend our coffee meet and greet. all are welcome, and there is always room for more!

M

McX

imported post

again, i appologise to everyone, the time has slipped by me this month. if you can make it, indicate so, so we know we won't be sitting there alone. i hope all are in agreement as to meet there again, and see the reasoning in this idea. we have the rest of the summer ahead of us, to get to other locations. rak, if you would jump in here, and post the starbucks address for everyone's GPS, and i extend the welcome to our brothers in illinois to join us, and share their thoughts and experiences, and ways we can help them down there too. i urge all who can to attend the illinois meet the day prior to our coffee clutch. is everyone on agreement as to the time? I think we did 1 pm, as a planned start time. i will leave early, to ensure i show on time. thank you to all for your consideration!

M

McX

imported post

good morning ladies and gentlemen, and all the ships at sea. this just handed me; weather report for sunday is high near 80, and sunny. :cool:

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Depending on how work on the car goes this week I might be able to attend. If the car gets put back together and ready to race for Sunday then I will be busy, if it's not then I can make a meeting somewhere...

M

McX

imported post

i heard rumor that attendees will get a free mechanix ltd. baseball hat, to dress up their summer wardrobe. goes well with a wisconsincarrry t-shirt.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

It was a great meet & greet! I'll let McX report on who was there. Weather was of course beautiful and we talked about lots of "stuff" and had some good laughs along the way. I got to touch bases with Frank and Geoff who I hadn't seen since last year; and meet some new (to me) 2A supporters. A very congenial group and no Starbuck's customers were injured in the production of this epic.... :lol: In fact some of them thanked us for carrying and also got treated to some info' pamphlets.

Thanks for organizing this meet, McX; and thanks for the
Mechanix ltd. baseball cap!

Dave

M

McX

imported post

an extremeky positive meeting, the weather was perfect, and allowed us to meet from 1 pm to well after 5 pm. thank you to all who made the trip to join us. for those who were unable to attend, your presence was missed, and the empty chairs noted. we had positive interaction with the staff at starbucks, and even the customers; several pamphlets were handed out, and questions answered.
a 'thank you' should also be mentioned to the police authority for pleasant prarie; while responding to a civil matter, that placed them within 25 feet or so of us, we recieved nothing more than a casual glance from them while they completed the matter before them, paying no attention to us further!
thank you again to all who signed my wisconsin carry shirt. it will be placed in a spot of the highest honor in my bedroom, to be treasured by me always.
our next meet has been decided to be in racine, and we'll call for it in about a month.
again, thank you to all.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
Dang it! I wanted a cap too!!

People said thanks? Really?
Sure did! One guy who rode up on a bike with his wife (GF?) came out of Starbucks and walked over to our table and thanked us for open carrying and standing up for our rights. He actually spoke with Frank. It was quite refreshing! Another guy pulled up and asked us out of his truck window what the laws were in Wisconsin for permits or having a firearm. I spoke with him for a few minutes and Frank gave him a Wisconsin Carry pamphlet. This guy had just returned from a 3 year tour in Iraq and wanted to get into carry but didn't know where to get the legal information. We directed him towards this site and of course Wisconsin Carry! All in all it was a great day!

M

McX

imported post

i'd say; pick your spot dave, your next up after racine, only fair!

M

McX

imported post

rak, i'd suggest for that one, you jump to me, and you, i, and springfield will all go together.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
rak, i'd suggest for that one, you jump to me, and you, i, and springfield will all go together.

That would be fine with me. I have to say that today was one of the best, if not THE BEST get together's I have attended yet. Small group, good people, all interacting and a good host environment. What more could we ask for?!? This was a great get together! With that said, I would be happy to go up North or wherever to meet new people and discuss current events and just hang out and spend money I don't have :)lol:). LOL! Seriously though, today was great! I enjoyed everyone's company and discussions and went home much more knowledgeable than when I arrived. I am looking forward to Glock34's birthday. :cool:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Thanks for the consideration, guys; I'll have to do some research on a good place. Oh, by the way, I found myself a microphone on eBay; but somebody else today was talking about getting a voice recorder and I just found this: http://tinyurl.com/343frlv

rcawdor57
, were you able to get any stills of us sitting at Starbuck's. I forgot to bring my camera today.

Dave