• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello

1970camaroRS

imported post

I just joined this site after the great Saturday I spent cleaning up the North Fork gravel Pit with a bunch of great guys from here. I really have never been exposed to open-carry before. I have read all of the biased news articles and sided with the idea the open carry advocates are a crazy fringe group. I have learned that this isn't exactly true. I have poured over this website and discovered people that have the same ideals and thought processes as our founding fathers. In order for us to be free we need to exercise our freedoms. I have always kept my gun ownership hidden and out of site of my neighbors. I live in a VERY peaceful and innocent part of the world. But, it is not free from violence and evil doers.

Shortly after my baby girl, Ireland Jean, was born, my wife suffered a series of hemorrhages. She almost bled to death three times. On the second call to 911, my wifes 1st responders had to deal with an out of the area tweaker who claimed he was being chased by a man with a gun. When I came out to the ambulance that my wife was in, we had to wait until the Sheriffs gave the all clear. All the while, my wife was bleeding to death. I had to explain to my neighbors later why there was a fire truck, ambulance and FIVE Snohomish County Sheriff cars in front of my house. Little did the tweaker know that I had no less than three guns in my house ready to defend my family.

I have always believed that the best strategy was to keep my guns concealed and quiet. The ONLY reason I can think of now is that a concealed gun gives you a tactical advantage over a criminal. I understand the idea of exercising your rights and conserving what little bit of freedom and self preservation we have left. I pledge to open carry as often as I can when I don't have to go to work, if only to point of that we the people have the right to defend ourselves. (Boeing is VERY clear on their no guns what-so-every policy). Besides, a cop is too friggin' heavy to carry and 911 might as well be a "1-800 I need to have my funeral planned".

I will submit the CPL paperwork ASAP to cover my bum legally ASAP. And I will let you know how the Everett PD, Snohomish County Sheriffs, Bellingham PD (I visit the place I was raised often) and Whatcom County Sheriffs react to a average citizen exercising his rights.

BTW, I need a holster for a full size Ruger P97DC .45 to open carry. My wife's Colt Mustang .380 just isn't enough...I can only fit two fingers around it.

69Charger

imported post

Welcome here. :)
We all need to do what we feel we must to defend ourselves and families against the bad things that can happen in a flash.
IMHO:?
I see open carry as a way to help bring legal, responsible gun ownership out in the open to the public. I Open Carry when the heat of the day makes it too uncomfortable to conceal my 1911. I am one who does not go out of my way to open carry to make a statement. When its cold or rains, its concealed under my appropriate clothing. As summer comes around, there will be more open carry than concealed. :cool:
It is our 2nd amendment right to own guns and legal to open Carry without a CPL and conceal carry with one. (here in WA)
We all have a common bond. :)
Supporting our 2nd amendment rights. :)
Good luck with all the decisions you will make. :)
Dave

sudden valley gunner

imported post

It was great to meet you at the meet, I'm Rob was wearing the shirt with the native design on the front.

Welcome to the forum and the group and to wanting to further our freedoms like our founding fathers.

Whatcom county Sheriff are well aware and have giving me no problems with open gun carry. Some of us even have had conversations with them, while carrying. I carried openly to get my CPL. Bellingham police may not like it but are well aware of it's legalities.

I am glad you guys showed up too the many hands made light work, and gave us a lot more time to play.:lol:Although I think even while we were working most of us were having fun and great conversations too.

skiingislife725

imported post

Welcome! You'll have to shoot me or Brandon an email (skiingislife725@aol.com for me...Brandon's is on the "pit" thread) when you head up north this way to go OC or go to the pit again. And I never got to shoot your now-kaput AK! We'll have to trade some AR pistol time for tacticool AK time.

Noticed you mentioned the tactical advantage part about being bad for OC. However, think of it like a "Beware of Dog" sign on your hip. That's the best analogy I've heard. Note: I think CC and OC both have their advantages...I do both as the needs require.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

That's how I look at it open carry is a deterant. And I have seen it work and Aaron who let us shoot his AR deterred an armed robbery, and he didn't even know it, the clerk behind the counter had to tell him.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1970camaroRS wrote:
I just joined this site after the great Saturday I spent cleaning up the North Fork gravel Pit with a bunch of great guys from here. I really have never been exposed to open-carry before. I have read all of the biased news articles and sided with the idea the open carry advocates are a crazy fringe group. I have learned that this isn't exactly true. I have poured over this website and discovered people that have the same ideals and thought processes as our founding fathers. In order for us to be free we need to exercise our freedoms. I have always kept my gun ownership hidden and out of site of my neighbors. I live in a VERY peaceful and innocent part of the world. But, it is not free from violence and evil doers.

Shortly after my baby girl, Ireland Jean, was born, my wife suffered a series of hemorrhages. She almost bled to death three times. On the second call to 911, my wifes 1st responders had to deal with an out of the area tweaker who claimed he was being chased by a man with a gun. When I came out to the ambulance that my wife was in, we had to wait until the Sheriffs gave the all clear. All the while, my wife was bleeding to death. I had to explain to my neighbors later why there was a fire truck, ambulance and FIVE Snohomish County Sheriff cars in front of my house. Little did the tweaker know that I had no less than three guns in my house ready to defend my family.

I have always believed that the best strategy was to keep my guns concealed and quiet. The ONLY reason I can think of now is that a concealed gun gives you a tactical advantage over a criminal. I understand the idea of exercising your rights and conserving what little bit of freedom and self preservation we have left. I pledge to open carry as often as I can when I don't have to go to work, if only to point of that we the people have the right to defend ourselves. (Boeing is VERY clear on their no guns what-so-every policy). Besides, a cop is too friggin' heavy to carry and 911 might as well be a "1-800 I need to have my funeral planned".

I will submit the CPL paperwork ASAP to cover my bum legally ASAP. And I will let you know how the Everett PD, Snohomish County Sheriffs, Bellingham PD (I visit the place I was raised often) and Whatcom County Sheriffs react to a average citizen exercising his rights.

BTW, I need a holster for a full size Ruger P97DC .45 to open carry. My wife's Colt Mustang .380 just isn't enough...I can only fit two fingers around it.
Welcome, I am glad you met some of from the board. It is eye opening. This is a great bunch of guys from all around the state. Dedicated to the simple exercise of a right and hopefully showing the rest of the citizens that we are just regular guys and gals. The members of this board are very knowledgable and resourceful and try to do the right thing.

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome aboard, glad you jumped in :)

- I too, like charger and others, OC when comfortablewith weather permitting, and CC when prudent, or anything in between that fits the moment or the mood. I do prefer OC, but regardless and simply put, i carry, and i eagerly support the right of gun owners, and have enjoyed seeing the Open Carry movement growing and gaining acceptance and momentum.
- I have written some large posts on OC vs. CC, and personally having done both (i was CC for years before discovering OC), can not cite an actual advantage of one over the other. Both CC andOC approach weapons carry in two completely different philosophies, both having a few advantages and disadvantagesover the other. Someprefer the deterring affect of OC, and others prefer theanonymity of CC. I personally prefer OC, as it fits my style, personality, and tactical approach better, but i do still CC when/where OC would prove less desirable. I maintain that flexibility providesanoptimal advantage.

;)Glad to have ya.

Bat

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
That's how I look at it open carry is a deterant. And I have seen it work and Aaron who let us shoot his AR deterred an armed robbery, and he didn't even know it, the clerk behind the counter had to tell him.
ayrk45XD you mean, not aaron lol.

Anyways, 1970 camaroRS, you're the photographer guy in the black shirt that let me use the bug spray right? (Trying to get names and bodies organized)

Thanks for joining us! We had a huge meet in (Bostons Restaurant?) mill creek several months ago, maybe we'll have one again soon?

1970camaroRS

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
ayrk45XD you mean, not aaron lol.

Anyways, 1970 camaroRS, you're the photographer guy in the black shirt that let me use the bug spray right? (Trying to get names and bodies organized)

Thanks for joining us! We had a huge meet in (Bostons Restaurant?) mill creek several months ago, maybe we'll have one again soon?

Nope, I'm the gigantic guy with the goldish tee-shirt and the AK47 and also a photographer guy.

Funny you should mention Bostons in Mill Creek. That's where the wife and I had lunch an hour before she started having the trouble I mentioned earlier. I'm open for any get to gethers that I can get to. My wife says I don't socialize enough...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yea the guy with the brilliant idea for someone to slide down a hill in a broken sled.

That was fun. Happy to oblige.

By the way hope your wife is all better and over all those troubles.