• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And they say we're the bad guys with guns?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
All cops are pigs, or even Barney Fife.

Now, now, Dusty. That reads like cop-bashing.

A no-no.
112.gif

HankT wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
It is cop bashing.
Do you know how many sworn law enforcement officers there are in this country, Dusty? Have any idea?

Dustiniac wrote:
By the way HankT, I was well on my way to becoming a LEO, until I realized the way they operate, and the mentality of the modern police force, is nothing I wanted a part of. I did my military service, I dont need to continue it.

Youwould have been 1 out of how many LEOs, Dusti? Havean idea of how many LEOs there are in this country?

bigdaddy1 wrote:
What does this have to do with how Dustinaiac feels? Some people just dont like cops, knowing how many are in this or any other country wont change that.

Shhh, I'm trying to set it up. What it has todo with, BD1,isDusti's credibility.

Look, there are about 800,000LEOs in this country.

So, if a guy says something like "All cops are pigs," then he is saying, "All 800,000 cops are pigs."

That's simply not possible. It's a simplistic/absolutist statement. All we have to do is find 1 cop that isn't a "pig" and ole Dusti is provenwrong.

That's the problem with absolutism. It's alwaysthe wrong approach to use to try to convince somebody of a belief.

(I'm jes' kidding about "always.")

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Didn't I already ask you to stop calling me that? So so far your credibility is zero. My opinion that cops are pigs has nothing to do with my credibility. Good cop, bad cop, they are all pigs. Thats my opinion. Don't like it? Too bad.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
how rare is rare? are we grading like steak; medium rare? how do the recipients of the rare feel. doubt any check in the mail would cover it. you wanna be rare? i don't!
I love this post! :lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Didn't I already ask you to stop calling me that? So so far your credibility is zero. My opinion that cops are pigs has nothing to do with my credibility. Good cop, bad cop, they are all pigs. Thats my opinion. Don't like it? Too bad.
lol, it's hard to argue with that. I actually kind of sympathize with this particular way of articulating it. (The astute observer may occasionally catch me snorting like a pig after a truffle at the sight of a bunch police cruisers performing some or other absurd enfarcement function). It's not that there aren't good cops, it's just that...

Cobra469

imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
Not that the cops would ever have a reason to invade my house, but I guess
Don't forget the federal employee who was raided and his guns seized because he was disgruntled at losing his job and bought a few weapons in a short period of time. While he may have done no harm they still violated his rights in the name of "public safety." They feel that they can do what they want with little to no regard of our rights. Our rights our secondary to what they fell is best for the community. Sounds like military rule to me.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
My opinion that cops are pigs has nothing to do with my credibility.
Really? You don't believe that it affects your credibility? You're kidding, right?

Dustiniac wrote:
Good cop, bad cop, they are all pigs. Thats my opinion. Don't like it? Too bad.
Do you know how many cops are in this country? Have any idea?

For your opinion to be right, theywould all have to be, uhm, you know...

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

HankT wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
My opinion that cops are pigs has nothing to do with my credibility.
Really? You don't believe that it affects your credibility? You're kidding, right?
Dustiniac wrote:
Good cop, bad cop, they are all pigs. Thats my opinion. Don't like it? Too bad.
Do you know how many cops are in this country? Have any idea?

For your opinion to be right, theywould all have to be, uhm, you know...
Henrietta and DustinaC, a match made in heaven. Or a sockpuppet push-me-pull-you.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Ah, Doug, you just get a F UCK You.
HankT, I dont believe in good cops. You seem to be unable to come to terms with that.

You're entitled to your opinion, Dusti.

But I gotta tell you. For someone to say that "all cops are pigs" is not very credible.

THERE ARE 800,000 OF THEM. THEY CANNOT ALL BE "PIGS!" :shock:

Now, you resort to, let's call it unrefined, language that lays out your, uhm, lack of ability to express yourself in a reasonable way.

That's another hit on your credibility level. Of which, you didn't have much to begin with.

Dustiniac wrote:
Its sad when you voice your opinion, aka, freedom of speech, you get attacked.
Ahhh, the self-pity approach, eh, Dusti?

Don't forget--everybody has "freedom of speech," not just you....

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Still wont stop calling me what i politely asked will you PantT? Dude, back off, so you dont like my opinion. Stop crying about it and go home.

Landose_theghost

imported post

It really pi$$es me off that when a person shoots in self defense the media does an Anti-gun blitzcrig, but when an officer shoots an innocent dog for no good reason and it's cought on tape, nobody makes word one.:banghead: And whats the deal with all thecops pluggin dogs lately neways? Hell mace or even a taser would have worked just fine.Link to video Below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mvIWFXbHNo&feature=player_embedded

-Landose-

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
How about cops shooting innocent children while they are asleep on the couch?

This is really tragic. The latest video of these "police" apparently shows them on the porch tossing the grenade through the window and firing from the same porch INTO the house. On the news this morning the girl was not only shot she was burned by the flash grenade. Apparently it landed on or near her and burned her but they stopped her pain by shooting her immediately.

Guys and Gals...this CAN happen to us at any time. It happens to people all across this country and the world everyday. Wrong house? So what!? The police have no criminal liability for their actions (usually) which is WHY they do these things (the bad ones) and why they get away with it. I hate thinking and believing that our own police are out to put us in the ground or in jail for the heck of it. I really do but the reality is we have too many police that are doing the wrong thing in this country and I believe it is partly due to the training they receive. They are being TRAINED to do these things and violate our rights. There has to be criminal charges on these guys for doing these things. Why is it that they are usually never charged with any crime?:cuss:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
How about cops shooting innocent children while they are asleep on the couch?

This is really tragic.  The latest video of these "police" apparently shows them on the porch tossing the grenade through the window and firing from the same porch INTO the house.  On the news this morning the girl was not only shot she was burned by the flash grenade.  Apparently it landed on or near her and burned her but they stopped her pain by shooting her immediately.

Guys and Gals...this CAN happen to us at any time.  It happens to people all across this country and the world everyday.  Wrong house?  So what!?  The police have no criminal liability for their actions (usually) which is WHY they do these things (the bad ones) and why they get away with it.   I hate thinking and believing that our own police are out to put us in the ground or in jail for the heck of it.  I really do but the reality is we have too many police that are doing the wrong thing in this country and I believe it is partly due to the training they receive.  They are being TRAINED to do these things and violate our rights.   There has to be criminal charges on these guys for doing these things.   Why is it that they are usually never charged with any crime?:cuss:
+1

This needs to be repeated and repeated until it dominates the American psyche.