• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to meet at Starbucks in Florissant MO

Do you plan attending?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No,to far away

• No,I would but I don't have a CCW

• No,schedule conflict

• No,I do not like what you are doing

• Total voters

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I will be at the Starbucks inFlorissant MO, open carrying this Sat, May22nd from 6pm till 7pm.Feel freeto join in, just say hi or come down to see if I get tackled by the local LEO's.Florissant is only OC legal with a CCW. I do not claim responsibility for any heart-ship joining me may or may not cause you. This is not an official gathering just a notice of my where abouts at that time on that day. If you would like to see the codes forFlorissant just ask and I will post them.

Starbucks address is:1261 Graham Rd, Florissant, MO 63031

Doc

DSCF2387.jpg

Broondog

imported post

Florissant was my old stomping grounds in the mid '80's. the LEO's hated me back then and knew me by name, face and car/bike. i wonder if they would remember me now? prolly not.

unfortunately i'm not CCW and i work every Sat evening. hope y'all have a positive experience. Florissant could be a sticky place to have a go at OC, but then again i was surprised to hear how the Clayton meet went.

my money is that it goes not unlike the St. Charles video.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Mr Broondog,

I will gladly make a friendly wager with you. The odds of detention with disarm at the Florissant Starbucks is highly unlikely in my opinion. The Starbucks seem to be the most complacent with OC. In St Louis Co. and St Charles Co. I have now OC'ed at 12 different Starbucks locations with about 20hrs of OC'ed time in Starbucks alone.

Doc

Broondog

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
Mr Broondog,

I will gladly make a friendly wager with you. The odds of detention with disarm at the Florissant Starbucks is highly unlikely in my opinion. The Starbucks seem to be the most complacent with OC. In St Louis Co. and St Charles Co. I have now OC'ed at 12 different Starbucks locations with about 20hrs of OC'ed time in Starbucks alone.

Doc
you may very well be right in your assumption and i really hope that you are.

i just remember the crop of LEO's in Florissant back then. they were a bunch of hard- nosed sons of guns that would try to get you for anything and everything regardless of the legality of it.

or maybe it was because i was a young, heathen sh*thead?

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Some one had requested the OC codes for Florissant. I will take you the long way soit can be seento belegitimate,as wellso you can see how to do it formost towns that has a website.

Go to the cities official website ; http://www.florissantmo.com/then go to the government tab and click on "code book". It will take you to: http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/florissant-slp/click on the "Florissant" folder on the left, then click the folder forTITLE II. PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY then, open theCHAPTER 210: OFFENSES folder, now you want to click on the words: ARTICLE VII. OFFENSES CONCERNING WEAPONS and read them all.

Here is the one that makes OC in Florissant legal with a CCW.

SECTION 210.380: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE
A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

2. Sets a spring gun;

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm;

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

6. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

B. Subparagraphs (1), (3), (4), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to or affect any of the following:

1. All State, County and Municipal Peace Officers who have completed the training required by the Police Officer Standards and Training Commission pursuant to Sections 590.030 to 590.050, RSMo., and possessing the duty and power of arrest for violation of the general criminal laws of the State or for violation of ordinances of Counties or Municipalities of the State, whether such officers are on or off duty, and whether such officers are within or outside of the law enforcement agency's jurisdiction, or any person summoned by such officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officer;

2. Wardens, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime;

3. Members of the Armed Forces or National Guard while performing their official duty;

4. Those persons vested by Article V, Section 1 of the Constitution of Missouri with the judicial power of the State and those persons vested by Article III of the Constitution of the United States with the judicial power of the United States, the members of the Federal judiciary;

5. Any person whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal;

6. Any Federal Probation Officer;

7. Any State Probation or Parole Officer, including supervisors and members of the Board of Probation and Parole;

8. Any corporate security advisor meeting the definition and fulfilling the requirements of the regulations established by the Board of Police Commissioners under Section 84.340, RSMo.; and

9. Any coroner, deputy coroner, medical examiner or assistant medical examiner.

C. Subparagraphs (1), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section do not apply when the actor is transporting such weapons in a non-functioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is not readily accessible or when such weapons are not readily accessible. Subparagraph (1) of Subsection (A) of this Section does not apply to any person twenty-one (21) years of age or older transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, so long as such concealable firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed, nor when the actor is also in possession of an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game, or is in his/her dwelling unit or upon premises over which the actor has possession, authority or control, or is traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this State. Subparagraph (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section does not apply if the firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed by a person while traversing school premises for the purposes of transporting a student to or from school, or possessed by an adult for the purposes of facilitation of a school-sanctioned firearm-related event.

D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

E. Subparagraphs (3), (4), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to persons who are engaged in a lawful act of defense pursuant to Section 563.031, RSMo.

F. Nothing in this Section shall make it unlawful for a student to actually participate in school-sanctioned gun safety courses, student military or ROTC courses, or other school-sponsored firearm-related events, provided the student does not carry a firearm or other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any other function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

G. Any person knowingly aiding or abetting any other person in the violation of Subdivision (9) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall be subject to the same penalty as that prescribed by this Section for violations by other persons.

nrepuyan

imported post

mofalloncarry wrote:
Bit too far for me, and the wife works. When there's one in St. Charles Co, I'm there!

dude no where is never too far....superlite drives all the way in from Eolia each week....just sayin...:banghead:

...on top of that...yuppie has even brought the kids with.

zekester

imported post

Here I am again, looking for a ride.

I am in St Charles off of 94 close to 70....if someone is going my way, give me a shout..

Thanks

Z

silo

imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
mofalloncarry wrote:
Bit too far for me, and the wife works. When there's one in St. Charles Co, I'm there!

dude no where is never too far....superlite drives all the way in from Eolia each week....just sayin...:banghead:

...on top of that...yuppie has even brought the kids with.
Oh, let me put it this way:

Wife hates guns. Wife doesn't want to know about guns. I'd need a good excuse to get out there, and the more time it takes to get there, the more time for which I must make up a reason, haha. 15 minutes extra ends up a half an hour, which is quite a bit.

Plus, the wife works on Saturday, anyway, so I'd be out. Just sayin' I'm waiting for some closer ones at places at which I'd be much more likely to OC.

YuppieDog

imported post

I have been to several of Doc's "gatherings" and we haven't had a second look from the LEOs.

I understand some reservations about the "better half" problem - (had it myself, once) I just keep CCWing and going to gun shops for the last 2 years - made it a point to invest my kids help - shooting with Doc, Big Mike and my boys. Wife finally gave in and now asks "don't forget your gun" when we leave.

She nowsupports the OC thing - I think she (and I) just wanna see Doc get acosted or tasered or mased. :celebrate

I just hope she never sees the double digit collection of weapons or the bills. :shock:

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Let it be known. I do not want any one tomeet with me at one of these Starbuck's invites ifthey are not driven to do so by their own resolve.I would take thepath I am oneven ifI was alone in doing so.

Yuppiedog-if you insist on usingGIF's here is a new one for you.

75-Open-Carry.gif

Doc

Superlite27

imported post

If you wave your pistol around enough, I would guarantee it.

However,my guarantee does not stipulate what kind of car it would be in, or whereyou would be going.

silo

imported post

LOL

Got my Blackhawk Serpa OC holster in today! Woo hoo! Now I just need to be able to make one of these damn things!