• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Association for Gun Rights information

SCJeffro

imported post

I have removed the link as I have been able to do more research on this point! I appreciate the info guys.

I was just trying to do my part to help the 2nd amendment cause! :) I still think the National Association for Gun Rights (http://www.nationalgunrights.org/) is worth looking into.

They are currently working with Montana and Tennessee on the "Montana Made" law and Tennessee's Firearms Freedom Act. It appears the BATFE has written gun dealers in the states of Montana and Tennessee to let them know the BATFE will be disregarding the states' sovereign gun laws.

eye95

imported post

Isn't that the all-but-dead bill that keeps getting posted here along with a fundraising request?

SCJeffro

imported post

Not that I am aware of, and correct me if I am wrong but the "Health care bill" that has passed, was "all but dead" too and was passed despite the majority of the people of the United States being against it...

I don't know but with this president in office and his goons running the show, I am not about to let my guard down... Better safe than sorry, I mean in the end that is part of why I carry a gun too!

;)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Per Thomas http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/thomastoday there has been NO CHANGE in the status of the bill since it was introduced, and there are still no cosponsors.

How much more do you need to see that this is not a "sleeper" but truely DOA.

Rather than worry about something as blatant as HR 45, we need to keep scouring legislation for amendments and riders that will seek to backdoor regulations against us. Remember how we got "permission" to carry in National Parks? Not by separate legislation, but by attaching an amendment to a bill that was "too important to die".

My money is going to folks who do not beat a dead horse but keep actively looking at all the little tricks. Thank $diety that most of the antis have so much trouble keeping their mouths shut about their plans.

stay safe.

SCJeffro

imported post

Thank you for the comments. I have done some more research on the HR 45 bill and though it is not dead it appears to be stagnant (not that it is still not a danger to our rights...) I do appreciate the input from everyone.

We are all here to help educate each other and I think I can safely say NON OF US know everything there is to know :)