• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic question

malignity

imported post

Personally, if I am carrying, I will avoid a fist fight at all costs.

I've gotten into a near fight before with 4 guys who were following us and giving googly eyes to my fiance, and being that I carry a spare magazine, I pulled my magazine out of my pocket, and semi-pointed it at them explaining that I have 27 reasons that they may want to reconsider leaving us alone.

They changed their minds right quick, and it completely diffused the situation. There are almost ALWAYS ways to avoid fights and diffuse situations without fighting.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

If you got into a justifiable fight while armed, and diddnt shoot, or draw, IMO, you would be congratulated for showing the responsibility and restraint for not just resorting to your gun, and being able to maintain well enough to act this way. A gun is a tool of last resort, if theres a way to solve the conflict without it, then by all means, leave the gun out of the conflict.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

27 that's all? LOL! You are getting near my 32...we are talking one mag right? :p

just kidding mal...rock out with your Glock out!

malignity wrote:
Personally, if I am carrying, I will avoid a fist fight at all costs.

I've gotten into a near fight before with 4 guys who were following us and giving googly eyes to my fiance, and being that I carry a spare magazine, I pulled my magazine out of my pocket, and semi-pointed it at them explaining that I have 27 reasons that they may want to reconsider leaving us alone.

They changed their minds right quick, and it completely diffused the situation. There are almost ALWAYS ways to avoid fights and diffuse situations without fighting.

bruiser 160

imported post

When I took my cpl class the lawyer in our class said if you pull your gun make sure you dial 911 before the BG. If the BG runs and call 911 first, that makes him the victim, at least until the GG can prove otherwise. I know I don`t want to test the waters about this. Just a thought!

bruiser 160

imported post

When I took my cpl class the lawyer in our class said if you pull your gun make sure you dial 911 before the BG. If the BG runs and call 911 first, that makes him the victim, at least until the GG can prove otherwise. I know I don`t want to test the waters about this. Just a thought!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

bruiser 160 wrote:
It makes sense, but what about the folks who don't have cells or, even if they do,will not be able to communicate with dispatch (911) for a number of reasons? e.g. profound hearing loss, deaf, unable to access phone, etc.