• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic question

Recoil88

imported post

Ok lets say i am cc'ing i get into a fist fight with someone defending myself can i get in trouble for fighting while having my pistol on me?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
Ok lets say i am cc'ing i get into a fist fight with someone defending myself can i get in trouble for fighting while having my pistol on me?
kyleplusitunes wrote:
good question, because this almost happened to me this weekend
Did/do you pull out the gun? Did/does the other guy know you have a gun?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

HankT wrote:
Recoil88 wrote:
Ok lets say i am cc'ing  i get into a fist fight with someone defending myself can i get in trouble for fighting while having my pistol on me?
kyleplusitunes wrote:

Hank, Just curious about where you assume "fist fight defending self" = someone pulled their gun?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
HankT wrote:
Recoil88 wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

Hank, Just curious about where you assume "fist fight defending self" = someone pulled their gun?
Actually, these are important questions to the situation. For what it's worth, I assumed no on the first one, but what's the answer to the second one? If the other guy knows, there is potential for a bogus charge. I'd like to think such a bogus charge would be seen through by a smart officer, but...

choover

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
HankT wrote:
Recoil88 wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

Would you please highlight where he assumed someone pulled a gun, I am missing that part of his post in my reading.

Recoil88

imported post

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I cc so no one knows i am carrying if someone tried to start a fight of course i would try to calm the situation down and avoid it completely. Because i would want to avoid a situation in which someone if they see i have my gun in a scuffle would try to take it. This is just a cc question though because im sure ifsomeone were oc'ing no onewould be trying to start trouble unless they were under the influence of something.

WARCHILD

imported post

JMO

If it were me, I would first try to calm things down. If I see there is no way to deescalate the situation; I would back away and inform them that I am armed and fully able to protect myself. Should they continue, I would grab my cell and be prepared to immediately call 911.

After all...someone has to do the report.:uhoh:

WARCHILD

imported post

I would never pull it out unless the threat called for it. Words can't cause you great bodily harm.

IF.... they continue after I have informed them that I am armed; then I pull it while I dial 911.

Pulling it without eminent danger may cost you a brandishing charge.

JMO

Savage.Detroit

imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
So in this hypothetical fight, why haven't you pulled out your weapon?

Sorry, I meant this question for the original poster. He is in a 'fist fight', 'defending himself' and has a pistol concealed. He may draw his weapon if he believes that great bodily harm is imminent and maybe he should draw his weapon so (1) he may be able to deescalate and (2) might have the weapon taken or dropped in the fight.

Savage.Detroit

imported post

If the weapon is drawn, would you still make a police call? I think it might be a good idea because the other person could call the police and tell a different story of a crazy man with a gun. Whatcha think?

B

Bikenut

imported post

I think (my opinion) that any time the gun comes out for any reason then you should be the first to make the 911 call. He who calls first has more credibility than he who calls last.

WARCHILD

imported post

Most definitely, CYA....

Even if drawn and on target, I would call. Having a record of the event as it goes down helps support my decision to draw.

And as I posted, if all goes south; somebody has to make out the report.:uhoh:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
I think (my opinion) that any time the gun comes out for any reason then you should be the first to make the 911 call. He who calls first has more credibility than he who calls last.

Absolutely!

If it's serious enough to pull out a pistola in public, it's serious enough to report to 911.

Anybody who doesn't is hiding something. Not a good thing....

SpringerXDacp

imported post

"Obviously, this is yetanother case supporting HankT's Postulate of Civilian Self-Defense[suP]©[/suP] which is, for anyone who has forgotten, is:

It is a bad strategy to shoot an unarmed person."

B

Bikenut

imported post

"Obviously, this is yetanother case supporting HankT's Postulate of Civilian Self-Defense[sup]©[/sup] which is, for anyone who has forgotten, is:

It is a bad strategy to shoot an unarmed person."
Where is the "puke" emoticon?:what: