Thread: Milan Dragway

Post imported post

I am thinking of attending the Detroit Dragway reunion at Milan Dragway this Sunday. My question is about carrying my pistol. Would Milan qualify as a PFZ? It probably would as an entertainment facility with over 2500 seating but it is an outdoor park and seems to fit the description covered by AG opinion #7120. This states that the seats must be enclosed to count. My belief is that with a CPL OC or CC would be allowed subject to private property rules. Their website makes no mention of any weapon related rules.

Post imported post

maustin195 wrote:
    I am thinking of attending the Detroit Dragway reunion at Milan Dragway this Sunday. My question is about carrying my pistol. Would Milan qualify as a PFZ? It probably would as an entertainment facility with over 2500 seating but it is an outdoor park and seems to fit the description covered by AG opinion #7120. This states that the seats must be enclosed to count. My belief is that with a CPL OC or CC would be allowed subject to private property rules. Their website makes no mention of any weapon related rules.
    If Milan Dragway is considered an entertainment facility (EF), then CC is prohibited per 28.425o. I haven't been down there since the 70's but I tend to think it fits the definition of an EF. If by chance this is the case, then OC with CPL would be legal. However, as you mentioned, the place is subject to private property rules (rights) and they can ask you to leave.

Post imported post

Agopinion #7120 says for an outdoor park to qualify as a PFZ "clearly the seating must be enclosed in a building or structure". Milans seating is not enclosed in a building or structure which is what has me confused.

Http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2000s/op10195.htm

Post imported post

Understood, that's why I mentioned that I haven't been down there since the 70's. I used to racemotocross at night there backin the mid 70'sand I don't have a clue what it's like down there now. The way the whole place is set up I mean.

Post imported post

Just a row of open raggedy bleachers on both sides of the track. Probably exactly the same ones from the 70's. The same light has been out on the scoreboard for at least 10 years.

Post imported post

maustin195 wrote:
    Just a row of open raggedy bleachers on both sides of the track. Probably exactly the same ones from the 70's. The same light has been out on the scoreboard for at least 10 years.
    LOL If that's the case I wouldn't worry about the place (CPZ) and do what you want to do.