• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wilx.com poll

B

Bikenut

imported post

Interesting article.... County Sheriff Wriggleworth's comments leave no doubt where the "us vs them" attitude is coming from. And it isn't "us".

lil_freak_66

imported post

took em long enough to make the story!

i suddenly lost any respect i had for wrigglesworth.

anybody up for a mason OC event?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
took em long enough to make the story!

i suddenly lost any respect i had for wrigglesworth.

anybody up for a mason OC event?
I've NEVER had any respect for Wrigglesworth. He's a democrap. And if he had his way, CPLs would still be MAY issue.

Since I live in Mason now, I'm up for it. :) As long as it's not this week. Wife went into the hospital Saturday, hopefully will be out tomorrow, so things are sort of screwed up this week.

Denny

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
anyone know why the sheriff told the interviewer that you can't OC an automatic weapon???? this isn't true is it?
That was just a weakattempt to scare the general public. I believe that if you were legally in posession of an automatic weapon that open carrying it would indeed be legal.

craigm

imported post

Why are so many people convinced that all police regularly train with their guns? Chances are I could shoot more accurately around the back and between the legs than some of the so-called professionals (not that I'd try, I'm just making a point that many of them are a horrible shot).

autosurgeon

imported post

craigm wrote:
Why are so many people convinced that all police regularly train with their guns? Chances are I could shoot more accurately around the back and between the legs than some of the so-called professionals (not that I'd try, I'm just making a point that many of them are a horrible shot).
MCOLS only requires they train twice per year :what:YIKES

craigm

imported post

The sad part is they can usually go in and shoot whenever they like on the department's dime, even when we're struggling to find ammo--yet they choose not to. I'd bet if ammo went down 50%, most people here would shoot twice as much.

Kimberguy

imported post

funny thing, i was on my way to taco bell in lansing with my AK(pistol) and my friend called me and told me about the story.

one woman asked me if it was real or a paint ball gun, i explained it was real and the legalities of OC, she got excited, and said she felt much safer with me there.