• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wilx.com poll

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Denny wrote:
smellslikemichigan wrote:
anyone know why the sheriff told the interviewer that you can't OC an automatic weapon???? this isn't true is it?
That was just a weak attempt to scare the general public. I believe that if you were legally in posession of an automatic weapon that open carrying it would indeed be legal.
that was my thought as well. sounds like willfully mis-informing the public.

hopnpop

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
Interesting article.... County Sheriff Wriggleworth's comments leave no doubt where the "us vs them" attitude is coming from. And it isn't "us".
Man I am glad my Sheriffs down here don't have that attitude!! :cuss::banghead:
I second that!! Wow - he's not shameful about his position, is he (Wigglesworth)? In reference to the Ponderosa incident, he says that when we OC and get together, "someone's gonna get hurt". Hmm... only by officers making illegal detainments! :banghead: I'm so sick of the misinformation....

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Ive never saw anything prohibiting the carrying of an automatic weapon, so I would say its not illegal. Its not practical either. If you happened to have to use that automatic weapon, there would be a tidal wave of opposition from the people, the police, gunowners, the media, and then the lawmakers.

lil_freak_66

imported post

well Glock 18's are selective fire...

if its in semi auto mode it wouldnt be much different than a glock 17 id assume.

could possibly have a very bad outcome if the media got hold of verifiable info that it was full auto and you used it in an SD situation.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

The thing is, even if you only fired in semi-auto mode, the moment the press found out a full auto weapon was present, they'd have a field day. And considering how expensive they are, I would not want to risk losing one to an evidence locker.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
The thing is, even if you only fired in semi-auto mode, the moment the press found out a full auto weapon was present, they'd have a field day. And considering how expensive they are, I would not want to risk losing one to an evidence locker.
Humor_funny_journalists_guide_to_firearms_ak47_glock.jpg

Bronson

imported post

Ok, I'm blind. I can't seem to find the poll to be able to take it. I've gone to all the links but the poll continues to elude me. Where is the thing.

Bronson

B

Bikenut

imported post

Odd how lefty's always demonize, demean, diminish, ridicule, or hide, any truth that does not further their agenda.

hopnpop

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Odd how lefty's always demonize, demean, diminish, ridicule, or hide, any truth that does not further their agenda.
Hey now, I'm left-handed and I resent that remark!! :cuss: Don't hate the lefties!!! (hate the leftISTS!) :p:celebrate