• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Semi OC at Everett motorcycle event

heresolong

imported post

Given that I have a permit I don't worry too much about whether the gun is CC or OC. Yesterday I had my 45 on my belt with a leather vest partially over it. Legally it was concealed but the vest is waist length so about half the gun hangs out from under it. As I stood by our booth selling raffle tickets for the HD we are giving away, a couple LEOs walked by. They suddenly stopped and came back. I asked how their day was going but they ignored me. The uniformed officer stopped, pointed at my gun and said "Like that" to the other (dressed in a Corrections t-shirt and a flak jacket). Then they turned around and walked back the way they came.

Thought it was weird but...

About half an hour later another officer walks through with a corrections guy, both looking pointedly at our waists.

Thought it was weird but...

About an hour later the original two stopped by and were looking at the military patches we had for sale. I chatted with the corrections officer for a couple minutes (she was there for increased LEO presence and they have old vests which is why it was bulky and huge compared to the EPD officer's), then chatted with the officer for a minute or so when he told me his regular partner is a 23 Marine Corps veteran and would be back to look at the patches. Thanked them for the job they were doing and shook both their hands. Firearm never mentioned and a completely positive encounter.

Only thing I could think of on the "weird" part was training the corrections officers on what to look for when patrolling. I assume that everything was fine based on my conversations later.

Good job EPD as far as I am concerned.