• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introduction of Fort Collins OC guy

bondservantjon

imported post

Howdy to my new open carry friends. Just found this site and org. and wish to introduce myself as a new open carry endorser. I'm new at it and carry in my neighborhood fairly comfortably, but need to develop the intestinal fortitude to carry everywhere. I hate that I fully endorse it, but haven't been able to open carry wherever I go myself.

Could use helpful encouragement/tips and would like to know others in F.C. who OC.

Stay safe and keep practicing.
Jon <><

adm556

This is an older thread but oh well... I recently moved to Colorado and have been considering OC'ing. I live in loveland but Im in Ft Collins everyday. I spoke with Loveland PD and they said just be ready for officers to show up. When Ft Collins pd returned my call, the officer was super pushy about me just getting my chp(concealed handgun permit). I told him that I think both CC and OC are good and Im thinking about doing both. He just said its not worth the hassle and not to do it... I'll make that decision for myself. He, also said I wont go one day without being met by police. I dont plan to start an OC revolution in Foco but I want it to be more accepted.

strife1013

Welcome,
I have yet to run into any police. I have nothing to fear, I am not breaking any law, so they may not like it but I have my rights. I'm waiting on my CWP. Should get it by December so I still have a ways to go.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I live in loveland but Im in Ft Collins everyday. I spoke with Loveland PD and they said just be ready for officers to show up.

For WHAT? For the law-abiding carry as provided under state law?

I'm sorry, but if is the take on state and federal law enforcement officials have on our basis, 2A rights as guaranteed by our Constitution and our our state rights (which CLEARLY STATE OTHERWISE***), then...

***Read the rules. We comply by them six ways to Sunday. If you won't, we'll video-tape your butts VIOLATING the Constitutional rights which I and millions of others have fought for, and for which many of us have died for.

Quite frankly, I don't know what your game is. Quite frankly, I don't care. I know the law of the land, as well as local, city, county, state, and federal law.

I support the law of our land, from the top to the bottom, period, bar none, including where any local, state or federal agency attempts to survert the intentions of our founding fathers into their personal agendas.