• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Registration Question

Libertyy

imported post

Hoook, a few replies in the last few days, I see. I am not going to lie to any LEO about the gun. I planned on stopping in and getting the purchasing permit today, but figured I would check back on here first. It has been well over 10 days since I found it. Sounds like that could be an issue? I am not willing to risk losing this gun, for the sentimental value.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Libertyy, I commend you for seeking out the right thing to do. I would advise if you have concerns to seek out legal council. Also you are not required to take your firearm in for registration. Also as it was in your fathers name you will need a copy of the death certificate and the seller will be the executor of the estate. If this is you,list your name as seller and buyer. Again if you have doubts seek legal council. The sentimental value is not worth losing your rights to own a firearm.

Stainless, I request you go back and remove your post that shows a clear disrespect and ignorance for the laws. Local officials, LEOs, and the anti 2A community review this site. As well as I am sure your local gun board would be interested in reading your comments to bring up to you. Please do not make comments like this. It only goes to diminish the hard work and dedication given by so many. I would also ask that those who quoted these statements remove them as well.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I recognise and respect you and your opinions. I have not broken a law that I am aware of. IMO any law that runs contradictory to the A2, is illegal and treasonous. In this country, there have been infringements and confiscations of legally owned arms. In many other countries hundreds of thousands of people have been killed as a result of registration which has, in every case, lead to confiscation. I beleive that even those who have taken issue with my position understand where I am coming from, and that the very guns that I made reference to, are the guns that will be needed to restore freedom to any nations people. I will relent, and remove my opinions out of respect for you, and to show that I am not stubbornbeligerent, nor am I above taking advice, yet I feel that this opinion in playing a devils advocate should be not only a protected one, but a valid option based on fact, common sense, reality and history.

WARCHILD

imported post

Stainless: You make a valid point of your opinion. I too agree with your train of thought. Our only concern is the "suggestive" nature to break the law that is at issue. New members to the site may not yet have enough knowledge to understand the difference between information and opinion. I for one do not deny your right to state this opinion here or anywhere, but may I suggest you state it in a way as to be an opinion and not a suggestion: i.e.

"In my opinion, no citizen should be required to register any firearm".

I do appreciate your understanding and cooperation in editing your post.

JMO