• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car Carrying in Oregon Clarification

Just Us

imported post

Is the only time you have to unload when your in a car is when you travel through a city or municipal prohibiting loaded firearms? This is the way I'm reading it. Or all car carry without a permit?

Sucks that it includes the magazine to.

skinny

imported post

Without a chl you always have to unload your gun. Have it where the driver can't reach it. Your also supposed to store the ammo away from the gun. If you have a permit carry where ever and when ever you want as long as it's not a federal building.

TheHossUSMC

imported post

skinny wrote:
Without a chl you always have to unload your gun. Have it where the driver can't reach it. Your also supposed to store the ammo away from the gun. If you have a permit carry where ever and when ever you want as long as it's not a federal building.
This is absolutely not true in any way shape or form. Your vehicle is a "public space" in Oregon and therefore you can OC there. I leave mine on my belt. Being a public space also means that all applicable city bans would apply. The only thing that is true from above is that a CHL excludes you from all the lower forms of government, i.e. cities, counties, bans.