• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unsupervised/gravel pits in Vancouver, WA

Mech

imported post

Just got back into Vancouver from college for the summer! :D Would love to find some place near Vancouver that I can take a few targets out, practice drawing and firing, and maybe do a few moving drills, Anyone know of such places like that? I wouldn't mind driving for 30-45 min. Thanks!

Oh, and I'll definitely be OC'ing around Vancouver for a while. If yall see an Asian guy wearing glasses with a Sig P226 in a black holster, that'd be me :p

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Just past the Bridge of the Gods you can find a Free public outdoor range. I think it is sponsored by Skamania County. Go out East on 14 and take first left just past Bridge of the Gods. Follow the signs after that.

It has been some timesinceI have been out that way though.

You can also shoot on Department of Natural Resources land (DNR). Yacolt Burn State Forest is an option. Out of 90,000 acres, you might find a place to shoot.

nathan

imported post

Mech wrote:
Just got back into Vancouver from college for the summer! :D Would love to find some place near Vancouver that I can take a few targets out, practice drawing and firing, and maybe do a few moving drills, Anyone know of such places like that? I wouldn't mind driving for 30-45 min. Thanks!

Oh, and I'll definitely be OC'ing around Vancouver for a while. If yall see an Asian guy wearing glasses with a Sig P226 in a black holster, that'd be me :p
Yeah, lots of places in the east of Vancouver up in the woods. Great place to spend the day or a couple days if you like camping.

PM me for additional details.