• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mason OC event

lil_freak_66

imported post

A&W
628 North Cedar Street
Mason, MI 48854-1017

June 26th 2010 1pm

The manager is expecting us,and wishes to setup a table for those of you going,please state whether you will be attending so that i may get a call in to him to let him know how many to expect.

This is right off US 127

good little lunch get together.

possibly do someting at Not Just Guns,a new gun shop only blocks away,updates will be added to this post.

NO CARRY OF LONG ARMS,"Michigan pistols" AR or AK pistols,or anything similar inside A&W,the manager will turn us away if anybody is carrying these.

confirmed:

lil_freak_66
Big_gay_al
glock9mmoldstyle
slugslinger
american boy with a gun

possible
cabman1
glock2340
JeffSayers
dukenukeum
lavere
office888
kyleplusitunes
bikenut
yooperlady
whomever shows up w/o saying anything..the average is 3 or 4

this list of attendee's is out dated,and will be current within a few days.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
In response to Ingham county sheriff Gene Wrigglesworth's comments about OC and the 2A in general,several members feel a Mason OC event should be done.

some of wrigglesworth's recently include:

"What is the point?" Wriggelsworth says. "Hey, look at me, I'm cool, I can carry a gun."

"The biggest concern is you get a large number of people like at the Ponderosa-- it's going to be chaos. Somebody's going to get hurt," Wriggelsworth says

His deputies have been trained to be on the defensive when they encounter situations where civilians are carrying guns.

The sheriff says having untrained people carrying guns is dangerous;

ideas for exact locations and dates? something at least 4 weeks away,to give people proper planning time.
are we doing ponderosa attempt number two?

office888

imported post

Beerme wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
In response to Ingham county sheriff Gene Wrigglesworth's comments about OC and the 2A in general,several members feel a Mason OC event should be done.

"What is the point?" Wriggelsworth says. "Hey, look at me, I'm cool, I can carry a gun."

"The biggest concern is you get a large number of people like at the Ponderosa-- it's going to be chaos. Somebody's going to get hurt," Wriggelsworth says

His deputies have been trained to be on the defensive when they encounter situations where civilians are carrying guns.

ideas for exact locations and dates? something at least 4 weeks away,to give people proper planning time.

are we doing ponderosa attempt number two?

Should I bring my "battle-worn" AK?

:p

I think we should keep the media coverage between the EBRs the same!

-Richard-

lil_freak_66

imported post

so is there any suggestions for a date?

and no Beerme,its ponderosa #4. ive setup two events after ponderosa already if you forgot!:D

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
so is there any suggestions for a date?
Well, I don't know about any certain date, but I do have a couple of suggestions for where. I'd say either Big Boy's, or A&W. Both have seating and waitresses, and both are only blocks from the Sheriff's office. ;)

UCWT

imported post

Beerme wrote:
UCWT wrote:
be a good reason to take your special someone on a day trip

http://www.masonantiques.net/
If any of the special someones I dated ever wanted me to go blow money on antiques I would @#$% a brick
I managed to date the smart ones that like NEW technology haha.
I do like old bar stuff myself though :D

ha ha
ask them to start a fire with sticks, map a course without google maps,clean a kill and cook without instruction.

yeah sheeple for the retail world are like chocolate easter bunnies to me. look good, taste good and are nice to show to your friends but but when you get through to the inside WAH WAH WAH air.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Id like to see a picnic on a Sunday in a park near the sheriffs dept.
I don't think there's any parks that are close to the Sheriff's office. Unless you count the grass in front of it. ;)

Taurus850CIA

imported post

UCWT wrote:
ha ha
ask them to start a fire with sticks, map a course without google maps,clean a kill and cook without instruction.

yeah sheeple for the retail world are like chocolate easter bunnies to me. look good, taste good and are nice to show to your friends but but when you get through to the inside WAH WAH WAH air.
What a cool analogy! LOL! I might have to use that one!

My little girl is well on her way to being knowledgeable in down to earth living. One day she walked in to my garage, took one look at the skinned deer carcass, and said "YUMMY!" I had to laugh.

I vote for the front lawn, btw! :celebrate

UCWT

imported post

anyone have any recon on mason?
after looking it up there is a park not to far from the sheriff's called Hayes park. looks nice tennis, playground, grills and a shelter but the other park is kinda in a good spot!!

"Bond Park is a 5.3 acre neighborhood park with a lighted ball field and restrooms Rayner Creek runs through the park, and the Ingham County Courthouse is a fine view from this location."

http://www.mason.mi.us/parks.htm

lil_freak_66

imported post

parks work great.

another idea(voice your opinion)

talk w/ total firearms about an OC seminar or something,they do a cpl class just about every weekend.

then shoot there before or after anything at total firearms

for anybody wondering,NOTHING IS SET IN STONE YET,merely discussing until things are agreed on

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

let's not forget that he said OC of a full auto is illegal