• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Town Square Meet 5.28.10

Remmy

imported post

Posting this for clarification purposes that this event is a go.

When: May 28th, Friday, 2010
Where: Town Square
Time: 7PM
Meeting Place: Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign

We will be meeting/gathering at the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign for a picture then we will Head over to Town Square. Parking is available but in limited supply at the sign, this will ensure everyone is first going to the same place so we can get the group together, as well as get a picture in front of the sign.

We will wait for a little while to give everyone ample time to arrive. Please PM me for my number if you have any questions or concerns as I will have my phone on me. I have not set any route to take through town square so we can play this one by ear or break off into smaller groups and do some shopping and enjoy the mall and park.

Anyone is welcomed to attend, even if you do not plan to Open Carry that night. Children, Wives, Husbands, Girlfriends, Boyfriends, are welcomed as well as there is a nice.

With any luck we will be able to educate the uneducated in masses.

*Edited to fix Map location of Vegas Sign

VegasGlocKid

imported post

i say we all just park at town square and round trip walk. parking at the sign and walking to town square is kinda tough. parking at the sign itself is going to be fun. ill probably just do what your doing and park at TS and walk to the sign.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Las Vegas sign is 3/4 miles north of Sunset, in the median. It is not as shown on the Google Map link above.

Also, I'm not aware of any legal cross walks to get to the sign. I suggest first meeting at the sign at the scheduled time, taking pictures, and then everyone exiting and driving to Town Square.

Tim

Sabotage70

imported post

Remmy wrote:

Meeting Place: Welcome to Las Vegas Sign

We will be meeting/gathering at the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign for a picture then we will Head over to Town Square. Parking is available but in limited supply at the sign, this will ensure everyone is first going to the same place so we can get the group together, as well as get a picture in front of the sign.

We will wait for a little while to give everyone ample time to arrive. Please PM me for my number if you have any questions or concerns as I will have my phone on me. I have not set any route to take through town square so we can play this one by ear or break off into smaller groups and do some shopping and enjoy the mall and park.

Anyone is welcomed to attend, even if you do not plan to Open Carry that night. Children, Wives, Husbands, Girlfriends, Boyfriends, are welcomed as well as there is a nice.

I will join you in front of the "Welcome to FABULOUS Las Vegas" sign ;)

Remmy

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
Remmy wrote:

fixed it just for you :celebrate

Sabotage70

imported post

Remmy wrote:
Sabotage70 wrote:
Remmy wrote:

fixed it just for you :celebrate
:monkey lmao

Ddave

imported post

Is Friday still on? And how many people are going to meet up?

It would be great if all NVOC'ers attend this one- wearing the New Logo shirts. At the Fabulous sign, there may be Media attention.

Represent well Fellow patriots!

Sabotage70

imported post

Ddave wrote:

It would be great if all NVOC'ers attend this one - wearing the New Logo shirts. At the Fabulous sign, there may be Media attention.

Just remember, it is NEXT FRIDAY. We still have a week to prepare.

On another note. How long does it take to get the shirts? I will not be able to order mine till this Friday.

Remmy

imported post

I just checked the status of my order last night, its in production so 5 to 6 days will prolly be right around the time it will take from start to finish if you order first thing Friday i dont see why it wouldnt be here for the event. I will post up as well when my shirts have shipped and when i received them. btw here is a 15% off coupon code that was sent in recently BDCPTHS that will cover shipping as 3 shirts for me was 7.00 shipping costs and the total savings was 7.51 with the 15%, I also have a free shipping coupon which is MAYSALE I didnt use this because the 15% was more then shipping costs so YMMV. Please note my shirts and i believe greengum ordered from spreadshirt. these coupons are good for the spreadshirt store.

heres a link to more coupons for spreadshirt.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/spreadshirt-coupons-C3627

I see if zazzle has any.

Remmy

imported post

Ddave wrote:

It would be great if all NVOC'ers attend this one - wearing the New Logo shirts. At the Fabulous sign, there may be Media attention.

yes this is still on for may 28th, NEXT Friday and I will be wearing my OC shirt!

28kfps

imported post

Just a few questions. After reading some of the confrontations on private property would it be a good idea to call Metro and tell them there is a planed showing of legally open carried firearms at the Town Square? Maybe call them just a few minutes before the start. May help prevent overacting police with the hand cuffs. The other question is would it be a good idea to carry an easy to activate recorder?

Kathy England

imported post

28kfps wrote:
Just a few questions. After reading some of the confrontations on private property would it be a good idea to call Metro and tell them there is a planed showing of legally open carried firearms at the Town Square? Maybe call them just a few minutes before the start. May help prevent overacting police with the hand cuffs. The other question is would it be a good idea to carry an easy to activate recorder?
Most cell phones these days have a audio or audio/video feature...some easier than others. I set my phone up to record audio with a one button touch. It can come in handy in all kinds of situations...in the boss's office comes to mind for some reason.

I'm not going to be able to make it to the meetup...so I'll bite my snarky tongue in regard to calling metro and simply say that I have yet to call metro to let them know I'm going out with or without my gun, with or without friends.

flagellum

imported post

We have called metro in the past, but It has come to seem that it is not necessary, and discouraged. Metro knows better than to arrest us, we are past those days, they wouldn't even try to arrest a whole group regardless. They know what we are doing is lawful and they know we don't need their permission.

Sabotage70

imported post

The parking spots out in front of the shops are metered. So that would lead me to believe that the streets are public. They might be able to keep us out of the shops but I don't see how they can keep us off the streets.

paintsnow

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
The parking spots out in front of the shops are metered. So that would lead me to believe that the streets are public. They might be able to keep us out of the shops but I don't see how they can keep us off the streets.
From what ive heard and seen, if you dont pay the meter, you only get a warning. I have not experienced this first hand, so keep in mind it defiantly is he said she said information, but..This would lead me to believe that they are just a source of revenue for the mall, and are not public, because metro isnt nice enough to give warnings for parking.

Remmy

imported post

paintsnow wrote:
Sabotage70 wrote:
From what ive heard and seen, if you dont pay the meter, you only get a warning. I have not experienced this first hand, so keep in mind it defiantly is he said she said information, but..This would lead me to believe that they are just a source of revenue for the mall, and are not public, because metro isnt nice enough to give warnings for parking.

from what i remember you dont have to pay for meters on the weekends or after 5. and it really doesnt matter about meter parking theres plenty of other parking available. I am not so sure about what is public and private but I am not worried at all. This isnt our first rodeo

BTW I ordered my shirts on Tuesday of this week, my order shipped today. Also to note spreadshirt does provide tracking for your shipments.

drdcup

imported post

I believe the meters are owned by the property owners and therefore still a private road.