• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Town Square Meet 5.28.10

Sabotage70

imported post

drdcup wrote:
I believe the meters are owned by the property owners and therefore still a private road.
If that's the case, I don't see how they can give you a ticket. But on the bad side they might have grounds to tow a vehicle for not feeding the meter.

Ddave

imported post

- Wear your Nevada OC shirts andset a good example. Represent well, the eyes of Vegas are watching Brothers and Sisters.OC Fliers would be great too if anyone has any to spread the word to the sheeple...

Vegassteve

imported post

Ddave wrote:
- Wear your Nevada OC shirts andset a good example.

Why? Instead of looking like some loose club. Just wear what you would wear anytime you shop. Now is that your OC tshirt that you wear when you shop? Sure sometimes but not in mass like this. If we want OC to be normal to people then make it look normal not like you need to join some club.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree with Steve. I like the shirt, but I'm not into wearing a uniform. I'm going to try to make it, but it's very unlikely I'll be wearing my OC shirt. Just a normal polo for me probably.

Remmy

imported post

Well I know for me I wear my OC shirt grocery shopping or whenever i want to wear it just like a normal tshirt, for the meet ill be wearing it but the point is come to the meet so I could careless if oc shirts are worn or not, the most important fact is being there period. I have never looked at wearing a OC shirt as a uniform but more so as a symbol that the OC movement is not going anywhere like suggested by metro. As i have heard them state, as soon as these guys realize theres no money to be had they will disappear.

Trinitas

imported post

Hell man, I'm wearing my OC tank top on Friday night, not because I want a uniform, but because it's damn cute. I wore it just out shopping at the mall today, and had I been OCing, yeah it might have looked "uniformy" but whatever. Rather wear that then be a walking billboard for a clothing company. :p

& I can't wait to take a pic near the LV Sign. Never even been to it and lived here over a year.

Vegassteve

imported post

Trinitas wrote:
Hell man, I'm wearing my OC tank top on Friday night, not because I want a uniform, but because it's damn cute. I wore it just out shopping at the mall today, and had I been OCing, yeah it might have looked "uniformy" but whatever. Rather wear that then be a walking billboard for a clothing company. :p

& I can't wait to take a pic near the LV Sign. Never even been to it and lived here over a year.
Its not that Tim and I were saying dont OC and wear the shirt. We were commenting on the chance of say 20 at once. Then it just does not look normal. It looks like a loose club and the idea of normalizing OC is lost on the masses.

drdcup

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
drdcup wrote:
I believe the meters are owned by the property owners and therefore still a private road.
If that's the case, I don't see how they can give you a ticket. But on the bad side they might have grounds to tow a vehicle for not feeding the meter.
Anyone can give you a ticket for anythingor anytime or tow you (read greedy). It is a matter of being able to enforce it. If the meters there are private and you get a ticket and you don't pay the ticket what will happen? Should be nothing except if they get your address and harass you for not paying. If it is a government public meter than they have the ability to enforce it in different ways.

drdcup

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Trinitas wrote:

Its not that Tim and I were saying dont OC and wear the shirt. We were commenting on the chance of say 20 at once. Then it just does not look normal. It looks like a loose club and the idea of normalizing OC is lost on the masses.
I agree it would be best not to, though you can. I think the goal is to have it accepted in a normal day, normal people, wearing normal clothes,doing normal things, normally open carrying. If it was a fundraiser or something like that then a bunch of people with the same shirt might work. Just my 2 cents.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I don't have a vehicle right now and there is no way I'm trying to bus it. The 212 (which is the bus I would take down there) now has armed security that will pretty much not allow me to carry on the bus.

Anyone willing to give me a ride? I'm only like 6 miles from the town center on Sunset.

PM me or something.

SCJeffro

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I don't have a vehicle right now and there is no way I'm trying to bus it. The 212 (which is the bus I would take down there) now has armed security that will pretty much not allow me to carry on the bus.

Anyone willing to give me a ride? I'm only like 6 miles from the town center on Sunset.

PM me or something.
Someone on here has been working with the bus system to make sure they let their drivers and guards know that they DO allow OC, if they won't let you ride the bus someone needs to get back on RTC and make sure they get it straightened out!

Sabotage70

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:

PM me or something.
Someone on here has been working with the bus system to make sure they let their drivers and guards know that they DO allow OC, if they won't let you ride the bus someone needs to get back on RTC and make sure they get it straightened out!
If you lived to the west I would hook you up.

SCJeffro

imported post

sslade6751 wrote:
I Pm'ed you I live close by also I was looking at the cat rules and it says nothing about a gun unless a firearm is considered flammable liquid

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/transit_rules.cfm
This is the post I saw about the bus riding thing... Maybe it would behoove us to contact RTC again on this matter? http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/43927.html

I am going to see if I can make it to LV tomorrow, but not positive I will be there yet. So I may be there for this Town Center meet up after all.

paintsnow

imported post

Depending on if i get my truck recovered soon enough ill be there. If im still in the desert well...im still in the desert, otherwise a friend might come with me and drive me out.

SCJeffro

imported post

I saw the pics on NV Shooters haha crazy story so far! Hope you get your rig out safe bro! If I had my old truck I would help in a second, unfortunately I had to get rid of it and only have a car now... :(