Thread: Carrying in a court

Post imported post

So when I took my CHL class through Jim jacobe (awesome class) we were told that carrying in a court building is off limits. I believe he said because it was a federal building. But in Oregon law it states that anyone with a CHL can. So can we? Can't we? Are the court buildings in Oregon public buildings? Are they federal facilities?

https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.3...hlight=166.370

it says in section 3 subsection D that anyone with a CHL is exempt from this. Does anyone know for sure about this?

Post imported post

skinny wrote:
    So when I took my CHL class through Jim jacobe (awesome class) we were told that carrying in a court building is off limits. I believe he said because it was a federal building. But in Oregon law it states that anyone with a CHL can. So can we? Can't we? Are the court buildings in Oregon public buildings? Are they federal facilities?

https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.3...hlight=166.370

it says in section 3 subsection D that anyone with a CHL is exempt from this. Does anyone know for sure about this?
    Read carefully the ORS that you quoted.

Subsection 1 refers to public buildings.

Subsection 2 refers to courts.

Subsection 3 states: "Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to..."

So the exception for CHL holders applies to subsection 1 - public buildings, and not to subsection 2 - courts.

No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

Oh. well thank you for pointing that out