• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Bay Daze - Commonwealth Club open carry debate presents opportunity for attendees to open carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.eastbaydaze.com/2010/05/open-carry-debate-comes-to-lafayette.html

SNIP

Monday, May 17, 2010

Open Carry Debate Comes To Lafayette

They should have held this at the Roundup Saloon, in our opinion, but instead the Commonwealth Club has opted to host a discussion on the Open Carry movement and Second Amendment rights at the Lafayette Veterans Memorial Hall.

Check your iron at the door. We make light, but we don't know if Open Carry folks who may be in attendance during the June 17 discussion will be allowed to come "strapped." We do know that local police are not exactly thrilled with the possibility of people wearing guns at a public meeting.

"Open carry groups have been congregating at different locations to demonstrate their right to carry unloaded, unconcealed fire arms in public. Others have come out en mass (sic) to protest this right," a flier for the event intones. "...As the state struggles with what’s right – constitutionally and morally – we take a close look at this controversy from all sides."

"Guns in Public, Exploring California's Open Carry Policy" will be debated by Lori Saldaña, California State Assembly Member and author of AB1934 - legislation that would make carrying even an unloaded, holstered firearm for anything except parade purposes a misdemeanor; Karen Arntzen, California Chapter Services Coordinator, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and Adnan Shahab, Republican candidate for State Assembly and an Open carry advocate.

Additional panelists will be announced as they are added to the night's agenda.

"Guns in Public"
Thursday, June 17
Lafayette Veterans Memorial Hall
3780 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
5:30 p.m. check in, 6:30 p.m. program
Tickets: $12 members, $22 non-members, $7 students (with valid ID)
For Tickets and Info: 415 597-6705

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Nice work Adnan! Willing to go double teamed to speak out, well done sir.

This piece of information along with a piece of information which states that the Brady campaign will have a rally promoting AB 1934 at the assembly on June 16th gives me hope that the ruling for McDonald will come out before this bill has a chance to become law.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
I wonder if I should show up...

why would you want to?  We are the bay area people that you say you want to "slap the @#$% out of"....

My oh my, what hath come forth from this opportunistic little shit here on OCDO?

Just for the record, you ignorant simpleton, I do not have a problem with the NorCal or Bay Area guys. What I DID have a problem with, however, was the way some of you guys chose to cause problems with Starbucks, try to rewrite some of the standard information and whatever other activities I have found to be annoying that I cannot quite recall at this moment. Other than that (and most of that has been rectified), everything else has been relatively kosher.

Back to homework.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
If there were a way for me to not only disown but slap all of the NorCal guys, I would do it.

It is nice that you not only forged my words but you purposefully neglected to include the statement that followed.

Since you seem to be incapable of honesty in both word and deed, allow me to quote it for you.

I will autocorrect and direct my dismay towards the dumbass event organizers.

Iopencarry

imported post

ok, this is done, you were and are the one who has said anything at all negative towards a fellow OC'er.

I have not nor will I.

you need to stay in school and grow up a little bit before you are trusted

pullnshoot25

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
ok, this is done, you were and are the one who has said anything at all negative towards a fellow OC'er.

I have not nor will I.

you need to stay in school and grow up a little bit before you are trusted
I will be sure to take that advice to heart, right away! :quirky

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You two should both show up and thumb wrestle for bragging rights. This is the second debate on this topic that the commonwealth club is having. Amusingly enough the only people they can find to be for banning a civil right are the ones who were at the podium at Saldana's AB 1934 press conference.

pullnshoot25

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
You two should both show up and thumb wrestle for bragging rights. This is the second debate on this topic that the commonwealth club is having. Amusingly enough the only people they can find to be for banning a civil right are the ones who were at the podium at Saldana's AB 1934 press conference.
HAHA!

It is always fun to have a canned audience.

Livermoron

imported post

If permission is granted, or not expressly withheld, uoc at the event is just fine as it is private property... You will just not be able to uoc en route to the event.

Carry On

Livermoron :cool: