• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harassed This Morning While Walking My Dogs

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK. This is a first for me. I have been walking my dogs here (as hundreds of others do) every day 3 to 5 times a day, morning, noon, afternoon and night for over 3 years. This morning while on my walk with my two dogs I notice a man standing in his driveway across the street watching me. He watched me for about 2 minutes until one of my dogs defecated in the grass. I of course always carry doggie poop bags with me and picked it up and put it in my coat pocket. This guy jumps in his mini van and quickly drives to where I am now walking down the sidewalk (strong side towards street). I KNOW he has seen my firearm and that is what I think he is going to bother me with. Instead, he pulls up to the curb with window down and yells at me that what I am doing is illegal. I thought he was referring to me carrying but he isn't. I couldn't hear him well since he alerted my dogs and of course they are barking at him. I quiet my dogs and ask him what he said and he tells me that it is illegal for my dogs to poop on the ground. I tell him no, it isn't as long as I clean it up. He said he has called the police about this and he is right. So I say "Sir, you make absolutely no sense". And then I say "How am I supposed to stop my dogs from pooping?" He says that they are required to poop in my own back yard. So I tell him again he is wrong and suggest he go look it up. He says something else and drives off.

So now not only do I carry my copy of the Wisconsin Carry brochure I am also carrying a copy of the Kenosha City and County ordinance pertaining to dog defecation and cleanup.

Oh, and I have this all on video. When I carry in public by myself my Vado is on and recording.

Here is a link to the actual ordinance:

http://www.co.kenosha.wi.us/dhs/Divisions/Health/ServicesEnvironment/AnimalControl.php

I would think that people have better things to do than harass someone walking their dogs. Some people are just nuts. :exclaim:

TyGuy

imported post

I for one would love to see the video.

What is a Vado is that like a Flip recorder?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TyGuy wrote:
I for one would love to see the video.

What is a Vado is that like a Flip recorder?
If that guy bothers me again I will give him a copy of the dog poop ordinance and of course it will be recorded. He may not even know he is being recorded since my Vado is inside my wind breaker and captures through the opening of my jacket. It is a sad state of affairs when we have to walk around recording our every day events because of people like him.

The Vado is a fantastic video recorder that records just over 2 hours in HD mode. Creative has lowered the price! The model I have is in the link below.

Here it is:
http://us.creative.com/motionbox/?WT.cg_n=Campaigns&WT.mc_id=24296

M

McX

imported post

seems like alot of them, who have been munching on those 'mad cow' burgers are showing up all over the place.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
So now not only do I carry my copy of the Wisconsin Carry brochure I am also carrying a copy of the Kenosha City and County ordinance pertaining to dog defecation and cleanup.

Haha. I thought the harassment was going to be about you open carrying. That's pretty funny actually. Some people...

I'd like to see that video as well.

M

McX

imported post

doggy diapers. i don't think there is such a thing as spray idiot repellant.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
seems like alot of them, who have been munching on those 'mad cow' burgers are showing up all over the place.

Yep! The Loony Tune types are out there in force. Can you imagine this guy driving around, following people walking dogs so when the dogs poop he can swoop in and tell them that pooping is illegal? This guy could be very dangerous. If he is ANAL about dog poop (which IS legal) what else would/could he do that is just as idiotic?

Heck, a few weeks ago I was walking the doggies and another guy across the street was walking his dog. He stops and stares at me (I was not open carrying....I was in the school zone) and says "How long have you lived here?" Seems pretty innocuous right? WRONG. I tell him "3 years". He shouts back "I HAVE LIVED HERE 18 YEARS!". I am thinking "What a nut!". Then I ask him "How do you like it here?". That is when he goes off the deep end and screams "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT??!!!" at the top of his voice. Now I had never talked to this guy before and have never seen him out of his yard (he cuts his crass in FURROWS) until that day. Heck, I didn't even know he HAD a dog.

So later on that day I ask my friends that live near this nut job about him and they say he has lived here since the first houses were built about 18 years ago and that he has never worked in all those years. Wow. He has been in several "altercations" like the one I described with several people up and down the street on two blocks around him. He obviously has anger issues and is most likely mentally unstable.

So keep that in mind when we are out carrying. There are unstable people out there that can and may do anything at anytime and who knows what will set them off. Another reason to RECORD EVERYTHING!:exclaim:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

logan wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:

Haha. I thought the harassment was going to be about you open carrying. That's pretty funny actually. Some people...

I'd like to see that video as well.

The thing is he watched me for about two minutes from his driveway. He could clearly see my handgun facing him the entire time. I think he just tried to make me not walk in his part of the neighborhood with my firearm but I could be wrong. Either way the guy was annoying.

I may post it after I edit the first ten minutes or so out of it. The only part that is applicable is when he starts stalking me and then harasses me for dog poop.;)

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
He watched me for about 2 minutes until one of my dogs defecated in the grass. I of course always carry doggie poop bags with me and picked it up and put it in my coat pocket. This guy jumps in his mini van and quickly drives to where I am now walking down the sidewalk (strong side towards street). I KNOW he has seen my firearm and that is what I think he is going to bother me with. Instead, he pulls up to the curb with window down and yells at me that what I am doing is illegal.
He's right the minute you put the bag of doggie poop in your coat pocket ,It became conceal and carry of a bio hazard weapon.:shock::quirky:exclaim:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

springfield 1911 wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:
He watched me for about 2 minutes until one of my dogs defecated in the grass. I of course always carry doggie poop bags with me and picked it up and put it in my coat pocket. This guy jumps in his mini van and quickly drives to where I am now walking down the sidewalk (strong side towards street). I KNOW he has seen my firearm and that is what I think he is going to bother me with. Instead, he pulls up to the curb with window down and yells at me that what I am doing is illegal.
He's right the minute you put the bag of doggie poop in your coat pocket ,It became conceal and carry of a bio hazard weapon.:shock::quirky:exclaim:

LOL! :dude:

M

McX

imported post

well, there is humor to be found in it. if he ever has the bag of offending poo-poo on him, and he is by chance illegally detained for oc-ing, he can welcome a search of his person huh? here ya go sir, this is evidence if i ever saw it.:cool:

TyGuy

imported post

McX wrote:
well, there is humor to be found in it. if he ever has the bag of offending poo-poo on him, and he is by chance illegally detained for oc-ing, he can welcome a search of his person huh? here ya go sir, this is evidence if i ever saw it.:cool:

"You don't have any knives or needles on you?"

"No sir"

"You don't mind if I check do you?"

"No officer go right ahead, hehe."

"Nothing in your left pocket, nothing in the right....wait, what is this, some drugs? Let me open and oh my god, why do you have dog crap in your pocket? Now I have to go wash my hands!"

MK

imported post

I of course always carry doggie poop bags with me and picked it up and put it in my coat pocket.

This sounds more like an issue for a concealed carry forum. Now if you carried the bag on your hip, that would be different.

TyGuy

imported post

Is it aggravated unlawful use of a weapon or just aggravating?