Thread: Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal: Another "Stolen Valor" liar.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I know this is OT, but I just had to post aboutConnecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal (Democrat) being just another POS lying bum about "having served in Vietnam"when HE WAS NEVER THERE! I just found this out today, that he is (at least so far, the evidence shows thathe is)one more 'outed' liar discoveredas perthe book "Stolen Valor." These POSERScontinue to keep popping up.

If that doesn'tderail his present Senate campaign, then it's a sad commentary on the people who voted for him.

As current AG of Connecticut, I don't know what his position is on the 2nd Amendment/RKBA, but if it's anti-gun, then he will carryit with himto the Senate (if he wins). That will not be good for the pro-gun movement...we don't need any more votes (or liars) in DC for anything anti-gun Obama comes up with at some point.

I sent two e-mails to the POS, one to his AG Office and one to his Senate campaign, since being a REAL RVN vet, I amOUTRAGED about people lying about their military service, especially implying they were in a COMBAT zone with the rest of us who WERE there.

I hope the lying SOB loses his Senate run big-time and is completely disgraced personally...as if he had any integrity/character not to lie in the first place.

-- John D.

P.S. I would cite my short e-mail here, butit might be 'disturbing' to some readers.

P.P.S. Stolen Valor : How the Vietnam Generation Was Robbed of Its Heroes and Its History byB. G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley (1998).

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

Wild Dick thinks the Constitution just gets in the way....In fact I remember him being on Glenn Beck and being asked what gives him the right to tax the AIG bonuses..He said nothing,..he would just do it anyway..

Laws mean nothing to him..He just likes to see his ugly face on TV...I would not vote for him..but then again..I leave most the the ballot blank because there is no choice 90% of the time..You either vote for and believe in Freedom or you don't.

Peter Schiff is the only one who I could vote for for US Senate..otherwise..I will leave it blank..

http://schiffforsenate.com/?q=issues

The Second Amendment

The right of citizens to bear arms should not be infringed upon. A well-armed citizenry is necessary for the preservation of liberty. Gun control laws also disarm law-abiding citizens leaving them defenseless against criminals.

Post imported post

buketdude wrote:
    Wild Dick thinks the Constitution just gets in the way....In fact I remember him being on Glenn Beck and being asked what gives him the right to tax the AIG bonuses..He said nothing,..he would just do it anyway..

Laws mean nothing to him..He just likes to see his ugly face on TV...I would not vote for him..but then again..I leave most the the ballot blank because there is no choice 90% of the time..You either vote for and believe in Freedom or you don't.

Peter Schiff is the only one who I could vote for for US Senate..otherwise..I will leave it blank..

http://schiffforsenate.com/?q=issues

The Second Amendment

The right of citizens to bear arms should not be infringed upon. A well-armed citizenry is necessary for the preservation of liberty. Gun control laws also disarm law-abiding citizens leaving them defenseless against criminals.
    A fellow that lives a couple doors down from me works for the Attorney General. I asked him when Dick was going to make a definitive statementconfirming the legality of OC in the state. His response to me: '...don't hold your breath...'.

So, am I surprised that Dick got caught in a lie? Nope.

Am I surprised that another self-righteous SOB goes down the crapper? Nope.

Maybe he can get some advice from Eliot Spitzer....

Oh. I OC'd in Whole Foods (West Hartford)today. The store was very busy. Bought some grilled salmon for the wife.No problems.

mg

Post imported post

Ya know, he's a busy fellow and all, but I'm sitting here turning blue holding my breath for his "declaratory ruling" regarding open carry in the state of CT.

I'm going to have to take a breath here pretty soon.

Post imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
    Ya know, he's a busy fellow and all, but I'm sitting here turning blue holding my breath for his "declaratory ruling" regarding open carry in the state of CT.

I just don't understand why it's so difficult is for him to say "...listen up, ********. Open Carry with a permit is LEGAL in Connecticut. End of debate..."

Now that didn't take a lot of time or effort, did it??

Post imported post

MGoduto wrote:
    GoldCoaster wrote:

I just don't understand why it's so difficult is for him to say "...listen up, @#$%s. Open Carry with a permit is LEGAL in Connecticut. End of debate..."

Now that didn't take a lot of time or effort, did it??
    For a fascist its very hard though. The Constitution does not say what you think it says..it says what he says it does. If it says 2+2 = 4 but he says its 5, well then its 5. He said on Live TV he does whats "right", regardless if its legal. He is unfit tohave any governing role of a free people..but so do 99% of politicians..they hate freedom and have convinced the sheeple theyshould hate it too.

Post imported post

Dupe

Post imported post

As long as we're on this topic, please take note: Mr. Blumenthal is wildly popular in this state. While he has taken a stiff body blow on this issue, if this issue goes away, he wins. Please, write letters to your local paper stating how you feel about the chief law enforcement official misrepresenting (at best) his service to the country as a marine. At best, he misspoke;if so,the greater sin was allowing the reporting to go uncorrected. At worst, he lied, outright, and repeatedly. He was not on the campaign trail - which makes the lies all the more puzzling.

Again - write letters to the editor of your local paper, or even the Courant. We must continue to bang the drum and not allow him to dodge this bullet. Let's give the papers a reason to continue to investigate and keep this story in the news.

Post imported post

Just a Guy wrote:
    ...the chief law enforcement official...
    He's not in charge of prosecuting any cases. The attorney general in the State of Connecticut handles civil cases only. Prosecutorial power is vested in the Chief State's Attorney.

Post imported post

gluegun wrote:
    Just a Guy wrote:
    He's not in charge of prosecuting any cases. The attorney general in the State of Connecticut handles civil cases only. Prosecutorial power is vested in the Chief State's Attorney.
    Then why should we expect him to say whether or not OC is legal?

Post imported post

Leverdude wrote:
    gluegun wrote:
    Just a Guy wrote:
    Because his office writes legal opinions for agencies of the state. The DPS has directly asked that question of his office, and Blumenthal has lied and said they never received such a question.

Post imported post

gluegun wrote:
    Leverdude wrote:
    gluegun wrote:
    Just a Guy wrote:
    Because his office writes legal opinions for agencies of the state. The DPS has directly asked that question of his office, and Blumenthal has lied and said they never received such a question.
    So our DPS asks for legal clarification of criminal law from an office that handles civil cases? Might be an ignorant question but why not ask the Chief States attorney's office since they decide who gets prosecuted?

Post imported post

Leverdude wrote:
    So our DPS asks for legal clarification of criminal law from an office that handles civil cases?* Might be an ignorant question but why not ask the Chief States attorney's office since they decide who gets prosecuted?
    Because by state statute the Attorney General is the office authorized to issue legal opinions on state law to a state agency or high ranking official on any question of CT law. The chief states attorney is not.

Post imported post

gluegun wrote:
    Leverdude wrote:
    So our DPS asks for legal clarification of criminal law from an office that handles civil cases? Might be an ignorant question but why not ask the Chief States attorney's office since they decide who gets prosecuted?
    Because by state statute the Attorney General is the office authorized to issue legal opinions on state law to a state agency or high ranking official on any question of CT law. The chief states attorney is not.
    Thanks for your patience.
    When the DPS asked his office I'd think they created a paper trail.

Post imported post

Leverdude wrote:
    Thanks for your patience.
    When the DPS asked his office I'd think they created a paper trail.
    Into the shredder perhaps!?