• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamilton County

Brian D.

imported post

Too many agencies involved for anybody to give you a county-wide thumbs up or thumbs down. I'd say most LEO's in HamCo know the gist of open carry being legal and follow it. If you're going to open carry, I advise also taking along a voice recorder, and a totable sized version of the appropriate sections of Ohio Revised Code. Also, PM a couple of folks here who know their stuff in this regard:

1) BB62

2) color of law

(Sorry to haul you two boys out on the stage like that, by the way.)

Meantime dig through posts authored by those two gents here in the Ohio section.

Brian D.

imported post

No. In Ohio only one party in the recorded conversation has to be aware/give consent to being taped. So as long as you know the conversation is being recorded, all is good.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The threat by the police will be inducing panic. But the statute has not worked for the police. ORC 2931.31 requires a crime to be committed that induced the panic.

Hef

My wife's cousin is married to a Hamilton PD officer. We were sitting around talking by the pool at a family gathering last night (just the menfolk in the family), about everything from cornbread recipes to the economy to guns. We discussed OC too. He doesn't support it, wouldn't do it himself, and grudgingly admitted it's "probably not illegal".

Interestingly, he also mentioned that "no guns" signs mean very little, and ignoring them would "get you a simple trespass if anything".

I'll also report here that I OC'ed my 1911 on Sunday while walking the baby in the stroller in Fairfield. We went down Pleasant Ave, Magie, Fairfield Ave to Symmes, and back. Smiled and waved to a few people, helped a lady find a house for rent, and had no negative encounters to report.

trooper46

I'd like to hear from someone who OCs around Clifton lol. Considering the place is a crime infested warzone....I'm surprised I don't see me more people OCing around there.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I'd like to hear from someone who OCs around Clifton lol. Considering the place is a crime infested warzone....I'm surprised I don't see me more people OCing around there.
Clifton does not seem to be a great place to OC. Most places in Clifton are bars and University property, both gun free zones. What's left, book stores???? Most that frequent Clifton are students.

Last time I was in Clifton I OC'd with a bunch of others; it was a nonevent.

Last edited:

FiremanJoe

Clifton-OC

Someone asked about Clifton...

I like to OC/CC I have been in the area for work and like doing both... I've read about a dude being harassed at the same stop n rob (Shell on Ohio) I frequent for OC'n but so far I haven't had a neg encounter....

I would Strongly advise you to know where you are walking....if your in the campus area South of Martin Luther King to Calhoun, East of Clifton Ave to Jefferson.... I would walk on the opposite sides of the streets and that perimeter as it is UNIVERSITY property.... (here's a url for google map - http://goo.gl/maps/J8yY )

I frequent Over the Rhine, (not because I like to but I have friends with property and businesses there) and OC there, the only thing I notice is that the crack heads or bg's seem to notice that your OC'g john q public (sheep) doesn't seem to notice, when the bg types see it they head away.