• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Voting?

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

Well I didn't carry while I voted but I did raise the issue with the election judges. The first lady I asked(all of the judges were women) instantly started getting belligerant and tried to claim that " IT"S A FEDERAL BUILDING ! ! ! " to which my reply was " no it isn't ". Then she proceded to ask me the reason I would want to carry anyway. "It's my right just like voting "was my reply . So then she starts telling me that the only reason anyone would want to carry a weaponis because they were a"CHICKEN".

This went on for a few minutes with this insane liberal lady yelling about how I had no right to carry unless I was granted gov't permission through the lucrative "permit" process. After a couple more insults from her I asked " have you ever even read the Constitution for the state of Kentucky? " at which point she scampered away because , I guess she figured out I wasn't going to be cowed by her liberal onslaught.

Finally a more reasonable person came over to investigate what the hell the crazy woman was screaming at me about. This lady flatly said it was against the law to be armed while voting and I asked for the site inKRS or evenUSC and obviously she couldn't give me the law so long story short she called the election board who in turn said the didn't know of any KRS but said she would research it and call the AG and get back to me.

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

rschwalbe wrote:
I voted at an elementary school. And we all know that there are no firearms allowed on school property.... Nuff said!

The polling place where I live is not in a school.

UPDATE: I spoke with the lady at the county level who is in charge of the elections and she called Frankfort to find out from the folks down there that there is no statute prohiting OC at the polls unless they are located at a school:celebrate. Of course all the other brandishing, voter intimidation laws etc. apply.

Way cool, I'll be carrying in November at the polls.

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

gutshot wrote:
I voted at about 3:30 this afternoon at the local Volunteer Fire Dept. I open carried a bright polished nickle plated .45 1911 in a Don Hume JIT slide holster and no one said a word. The gentleman at the table greeted me by name, I signed the book and a lady handed me a ballot. There were only about three other voters and three poll workers in or near the polling place besides my wife, daughter and I. We each received "I Voted" stickers. My wife and daughter put them on their shirts. I put mine on my forehead and my daughter pulled it off. She said it embarrassed her. The 1911, not a bit.
Way Cool !!

neuroblades

imported post

I'm finally glad to hear that there actually was an answer to this query. *LOL* I had previously posted this idea a while back here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum25/43159.html

Imagine if all those that OC were to actually carry that day, the media outlets would be overloaded with the liberal news services questioning why in the world we were OC'ing to vote. *LOL*

Now imagine if we were unified in a stock reply answer statewide, even nationwide! Talk about making an impact!

Thanks for following up and getting a real reply to this query. :)