• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chase Bank

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

found this at another forum I belong to, thought I would pass the word along:

So I got a package in the mail from them with a coupon inviting me to open an account a few weeks ago.

Walked into the branch and sat down to open a personal account. Bank rep says what do you do for work. I say I'm opening a gun store in a few weeks my license is pending and my office is just down the road from here.

He says excuse me, gets up and walks to the manager.

Manager says "Hi, JP Morgan Chase wants nothing to do with firearms or anything related. Your business is not welcome here. Have a nice day."

I'm completely taken aback at this. They're not opening a bank account for me because..... I'm a gun dealer? This dosen't sit right with me. I hop on the computer and write out a short letter to the CEO explaining how absurd I think this is. Dropped it in the mail last week and got a response back today.

Its a form letter with a few modifications but they're pretty clear.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7859/img1235n.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8119/img1236x.jpg

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WOW!

Sounds like this should be stickied and we should all cancel any accounts and credit cards we have with them. This needs to get out, nationally,once they lose a million accounts or so they'll get their just deserts.

Of course, a letter letting them know this will get out nationally and waiting to do it might invoke a response and policy change when they realize what would happen.

Thoreau

imported post

Wow. Just wow.

Luckily I don't have any accounts with them, nor will I in the future after reading this. Pretty sure that a relative who just declared bankruptcy had some credit cards with them. I'll let that person know not to feel bad about Chase =)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Batousaii wrote:
To me, sounds very discriminatory. I wonder what could be done on that premise.

I don'tthink you can do anything;unfortunately 2A supporters aren't a "protected class" like Race or Sex.

That being said, I'd rather let the free market do it's work and maybe when they see they are losing a bunch of money they'll reverse.

I wonder what large organizations use them? It would be funny if the NRA or something like that had accounts with them.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
Batousaii wrote:

I don'tthink you can do anything;unfortunately 2A supporters aren't a "protected class" like Race or Sex.
SNIP
Thankfully so; I like my individual rights and don't want to be part of any 'class'. However, when it comes to any business that deals with government money in any way through a bailout, federal loan, ect should be forced to respect ALL of our constitutional rights.

Dreamer

imported post

Actually, that managers statement is patently false. JP Morgan Chase (Chase bank's parent company) has a LOT to do with firearms. The regularly provide debit cards to cities who have "gun buy back" programs.

From 2006-2008, they supplied cards in a program in Chicago IL where over 18,000 firearms were collected.

In 2008, they supplied cards in a program in Brooklyn NY where almost 700 firearms were collected.

In 2007, they supplied cards in a program in Buffalo NY where over 800 firearms were collected.

This information was obtained from JP Morgan's own website, from a press release:

http://www.jpmorgan.com/tss/General/J_P_Morgan_Prepaid_Debit_Cards_Help_Brooklyn_Chicago_Buy_/1159359667887

It's not that JPMC is "anti-gun". The truth is that they just don't want guns in the hands of the "wrong kinds of people", and I think by now, we ALL know what THAT means...

JP Morgan Chase is also heavily involved in handling investments and transactional services for Defense Contractors, among such heavy-hitters as Boeing and Northrop-Grumman. They recently sponsored an Aviation and Transportation (March 9-10 2010) in New York where these two companies had major presentations to investors.

http://www.jpmorgan.com/cm/Satellite?c=JPM_Content_C&cid=1253320843522&pagename=JPM_redesign%2FJPM_Content_C%2FGeneric_Detail_Page_Template

JP Morgan chase is a den of thieves with corruption, graft, and criminal conspiracies engrained in their corporate culture. They were the primary investment firm working with ENRON, and helped ENRON's execs defraud the public, stockholders, and employees out of millions (if not billions) of dollars in that scandal.

They have been sued by several of the companies they've done business with for illegal business practices and fraud, from WaMu, to CACI.

And need I remind you all that JPMC, (along with Goldman Sachs) was integral in the engineered "housing bubble burst", and the bankrupting of the Icelandic and Greek governments through it's fraudulent trafficking in Credit Default Swaps.

And it goes back even farther than that.

In 1926, Morgan partner, Thomas Lamont, who was later the chair of J.P. Morgan Co., secured a $100 million loan for Mussolini. As Noam Chomsky put it, Morgan’s man Thomas Lamont:
described himself as ‘something like a missionary’ for Italian Fascism, expressing his admiration for Il Duce, ‘a very upstanding chap’ who had ‘done a great job in Italy’ and for the ‘sound ideas’ that guide him in governing the country (1991).
Also, Morgan Bank kept all it's bank branches open and operataional, and did extensive business with the Nazis in Germany and Nazi-occupied France for the duration of WWII, helping to launder stolen gold for the Nazi regime.

It should come as no surprise that JPMC is anti-2A. This is a company run by admitted globalists and fascist sympathisers, and is populated at it's highest positions with amoral, greedy, sociopathic control freaks who are willing to do ANYTHING to control the markets and keep honest people under their thumbs.

JP Morgan Chase, we KNOW who you REALLY are, and we KNOW what you are REALLY up to. We would pray for your souls, but the truth is you sold them a LONG time ago.

ecocks

imported post

Worth noting, especially the way you describe their attitude and general lack of customer consideration/service.

eye95

imported post

This comes up every few weeks. The last time, some wondered if this was an Internet myth. So, I put on my MythBusters beret and called Chase.

It's true. Chase refuses to do business with gun businesses.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

When I heard this the first time, I increased the limit on my Credit Union HELOC and used it to pay off my $11,000 credit card with Chase.
It didn't hurt to reduce my interest rate from 13% to 4.5% either.
Not another cent to Chase.

Overtaxed

imported post

Is there any law requiring truthful disclosure of the nature of one's business? Is there anything stopping a person from declaring that they are in one particular type of business and then actually pursuing something else?

GWbiker

imported post

Well, this information is useful to me, as I received weekly mailers from Chase BEGGING me to open an account.

Now, I can with a clear conscience tell 'em to Fook Off.

Dreamer

imported post

Or you know, we could ALL go open a small personal checking acct at Chase, and ONLY use it to do things like pay for NRA or GOA memberships, buy ammo, and pay for range time.

I wonder how long it would take for them to catch on and start canceling these accounts?

Probably nowhere near as long as it would take to start filing lawsuits against them for unreasonable restriction of Interstate commerce. Can you say Federal Investigation, boys and girls?...

Sometimes, you just gotta THINK like the weasel to GET the weasel...

steveman01

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
Batousaii wrote:

Discriminatory indeed.

Race and Sex are not "protected classes".

If someone running a private business does not want to do deal with people based on race, gender, or religion, does not have to. It's there right. Public services is a different story. I'm sure you've heard of "equalopportunity" employers, this is the companies choice. As it should be. I would not want to be forced to deal with or hire someone.So one is left only to argue that they were "bailed out" so now they are a public.

It's seems that Wachovia has gone Anti-gun to, or at least mine. Been going there OC'n for months without issue, then last week a new teller was there and wigged out. A manager came out and said she didn't know what the policy was but that she would check and let me know next time. Now there is a brand new NO pets, smoking, and guns signs on the door.

If the sign does not say no guns but has a picture of a revolver with a slash through it, does that mean we can still carry pistols and rifles? LOL!!!

Thoreau

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Well, this information is useful to me, as I received weekly mailers from Chase BEGGING me to open an account.

Now, I can with a clear conscience tell 'em to Fook Off.
Is it the one where you get $100 after x amount of time? I can't wait for another one of those to come in. I'll slap my money in there for the barest of minimum time periods, get the free cash, and bail. After reading their letters above, I won't feel the slightest bit of remorse either. Hell, that $100 came out of my pocket in the bailouts anyway.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I have been made aware of some issues regarding this letter. I have personally sent an email to Chase requesting a clarification on their policy and will post my results as soon as they are made available to me.

daddy4count

imported post

Haha!

Personally I have always disliked Chase... but I did have a checking account for six months... so I could get $100.

After the minimum 6 month of having my free account, I closed it... 100 dollars richer.

:p

Dreamer

imported post

I just wanted to let all the uber-rationalists and people who all hold a copyright on the "truth" out there know that I have seen the light, and I absolutely agree with you now. There are NO "conspiracies" in the banking world to rob this country of every last penny from the middle class. Anyone who things such things exist is OBVIOUSLY a tin-foil-hat-wearing nut-job and deserves to be locked away.

Organizations like Wachovia couldn't possibly be run by sociopathic criminals. That could never happen. There are no "conspiracies."

I now see the light. How could I have been so wrong all this time?...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/94578434.html
Updated: 10:03 AM May 21, 2010
Former Wachovia Exec Charged In $11M Bank Scam

A former vice president for North Carolina-based Wachovia Bank faces federal charges that he was at the core of a conspiracy that fleeced the company of $11 million.
Attorneys for 47-year-old Terry Scott Welch of Mooresville did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday. Federal prosecutors have charged Welch with mail fraud and tax evasion after bilking the bank over nine years.

The same charges face 47-year-old John Cousar (coo-ZAHR') Jr. of Albemarle and 59-year-old Delmar Dove of Charlotte.

An indictment accuses Welch of getting Dove, Cousar and others to turn in fake invoices for goods and services the bank never received.

Attorneys for Dove and Cousar said they will plead guilty in a deal with prosecutors. The bank declined comment.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

"Which side are you on, boys, which side are you on?"