Thread: Kimber Compact CDP II

Post imported post

Disregard post, I found one.

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a Kimber Compact CDP II as my new OC pistol. I have checked every dealer that I know of in the Hampton Roads area to no avail. If anyone on here knows of a dealer in Virginia with one in stock, please let me know. Also, if anyone on here has one that they would be willing to part with, I have cash in hand.

(Mods: if this is in the wrong place please move)

Thanks,
    Chris

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

maverick2694 wrote:
    Kimber Compact CDP II as my new OC pistol.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    maverick2694 wrote:
    Kimber Compact CDP II as my new OC pistol.
    Yea, a buddy at work has one, and I fell in love with it. But, I can't seem to find one (except one on Gunbroker) for the life of me.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

go on gun broker and search for "Kimber Ultra Carry" it is basiclaly the same gun. It is also my daily carry
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    go on gun broker and search for "Kimber Ultra Carry" it is basiclaly the same gun. It is also my daily carry
    I really prefer the 4 inch barrel. The CDP Pro has the full size grip, which is kind of big for me, but the Compact CDP has the officer frame and fits me perfect.

Post imported post

I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II and love it. It's a great pistol, and I was surprised how well it shoots for its size.

I purchased my last Kimber (Ultra Aegis II) from GunBroker.com. However, both The Armory (Virginia Beach) and Bobs (Norfolk) tend to keep a good number of Kimbers in stock. You could always try giving one of them a call.

The people at the Armory have always offered to order me pistols I've asked about. However, with the Aegis, it seems no one can get it without a multiple month wait, so I resorted to the internet (and got a steal on it for $950!).

Post imported post

I've talked to Bob's, the Armory, both A&P's and no one has the Compact. They say they can special order it, but the wait is 6 to 8 months.

Post imported post

Thought I saw one on vaguntrader not too long ago
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

There was one for sale on there a while back, but it sold. I have a WTB ad on there as well, but nothing yet.

Post imported post

Just saw your "I found One" edit.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

maverick2694 wrote:
    Disregard post, I found one.

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a Kimber Compact CDP II as my new OC pistol. I have checked every dealer that I know of in the Hampton Roads area to no avail. If anyone on here knows of a dealer in Virginia with one in stock, please let me know. Also, if anyone on here has one that they would be willing to part with, I have cash in hand.

(Mods: if this is in the wrong place please move)

Thanks,
    Chris
    Let us know how you like it when you get a chance to shoot it.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I'm still DEEPLY in love with my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Still shoots like a dream out to 25 yards and the laser is good for low-light situations and times when my eyes aren't working quite as well as they used to...

Last visit to the VA Hospital a few months ago resulted in a pair of BiFocals being delivered to the house a couple weeks later.

I sighted the laser inat 15 yards. The pistol is still good out to the 25 yard line, but I think it may be hard to justifyshooting someonethat far away in a defensive situation. I think that would go over like a Baby Ruth in the swimming pool when you get called to "tell it to da Judge".

It was REALLY weird learning to use the laser rather than always going for the usual sight allignment, but in really low-light, (with and without tactical flashlight), it was beneficial.

IF you do decide to get a laser on a pistol, you ALWAYS need to remember one (among many) of the Rules of Warfare: Lasers work both ways...

"If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I'm still DEEPLY in love with my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Still shoots like a dream out to 25 yards and the laser is good for low-light situations and times when my eyes aren't working quite as well as they used to...

Last visit to the VA Hospital a few months ago resulted in a pair of BiFocals being delivered to the house a couple weeks later.

I sighted the laser inat 15 yards. The pistol is still good out to the 25 yard line, but I think it may be hard to justifyshooting someonethat far away in a defensive situation. I think that would go over like a Baby Ruth in the swimming pool when you get called to "tell it to da Judge".

It was REALLY weird learning to use the laser rather than always going for the usual sight allignment, but in really low-light, (with and without tactical flashlight), it was beneficial.

IF you do decide to get a laser on a pistol, you ALWAYS need to remember one (among many) of the Rules of Warfare: Lasers work both ways...
    Laser grips are an excellent training aid to point shooting - nothing better IMO, other than practice, practice and then more practice.

Gotta love CT and they don't require spending the night at a Holiday Inn Express either. :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.