• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch channel 4 new at 5pm today

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Master Doug Huffman quoted the newspaper report:
State law, as clarified in an opinion by Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen last April, allows open carry of firearms, but other laws prohibit carrying guns in or around locations such as schools, bars and public buildings.
So I cannot carry a firearm around a bar or public building according to this reporter?
Why do these reportersrefuse touse a fact-check system?

Who cares if the guy was wearing camo, I often wear camo pants when doing things other than hunting. They are comfortable. I also wear blaze ornage when Ice-fishing. And the fashion police have yet to cite me for either example.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Why is everyone jumping all over this guy for doing the same thing as the rest of us?

Wow, we should call this the lions den instead of a forum.

So now there is an OC fashion? You have to carry just a certain way? Only can carry a certain firearm? Can only wear certain clothes while OCing?

Hmmm. How fast we throw one of our own under the bus. Amazing, I am just glad to know that everyone here has my back out there.

I agree. We are all different and will never all think alike, act alike, look alike, etc....but we are all in this together and have to work together.

;)
Yeah, I don't know RC, I am not sure I can support you. Your dog poops while you OC you must scare the poop out of him. <-----Sarcasm. :lol:
LOL! ;) No problem with "The Dog Hater" this morning. I saw his mini van in his driveway but he wasn't outside waiting for me this time. Maybe he actually looked up the ordinance and realized he was "Dog Gone Wrong!" :idea:

Oh, and today both of my dogs pooped where he could see us from his front windows. Heck, maybe he was inside recording the "activity"?:exclaim:

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote
My thoughts too. How can everyone at all times stay out of all the "school zones"? It is all but impossible to avoid them all. In some states the "GFSZ" applies to "Home schools" and people running small "Day Care" businesses in their homes. Imagine if you or your neighbor were home schooling. You could never have your firearms in your own home. (snip)
The GFSZ does not apply to private property, only public areas. For instance, you can carry on your private property, in a store, in a store's parking lot, a restaurant, etc. (all of the normal places) DIRECTLY next to a school as low as you don't stray into a public area (ie. the sidewalk) without unloading/encasing your firearm.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Why is everyone jumping all over this guy for doing the same thing as the rest of us?

Wow, we should call this the lions den instead of a forum.

So now there is an OC fashion? You have to carry just a certain way? Only can carry a certain firearm? Can only wear certain clothes while OCing?

Hmmm. How fast we throw one of our own under the bus. Amazing, I am just glad to know that everyone here has my back out there.
Exactly!!!!!

Someone happens to stroll into a GFSZ and all of the sudden we are calling him an idiot? What the hell people?

This would be the second person who was open carrying on a bicycle (first guy was in Racine, he was being hassled by several people, no charges), it would be nice to get a clarification on whether a bicycle is a vehicle.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote
My thoughts too. How can everyone at all times stay out of all the "school zones"? It is all but impossible to avoid them all. In some states the "GFSZ" applies to "Home schools" and people running small "Day Care" businesses in their homes. Imagine if you or your neighbor were home schooling. You could never have your firearms in your own home. (snip)
The GFSZ does not apply to private property, only public areas. For instance, you can carry on your private property, in a store, in a store's parking lot, a restaurant, etc. (all of the normal places) DIRECTLY next to a school as low as you don't stray into a public area (ie. the sidewalk) without unloading/encasing your firearm.
Correct. My point is we cannot make one continuous walk from point A to point B if there is a GFSZ somewhere along the route. We have to stop, unload, encase, store....etc....then proceed to the next SFGZ and stop, retrieve gun, load gun, holster gun and continue on until we run into another GFSZ.

For me to walk my dogs every morning I have to exit out the front door, turn left (If I turn right I will soon enter the GFSZ), walk to the intersection and proceed straight through. If I turn left at the intersection I will once again soon enter that GFSZ. So I continue on another 800 feet straight away from this imaginary boundary and then turn left and walk another 400 feet. Once there I turn left again and walk 200 feet and then turn left again and walk back to the beginning of that block. Then I turn right and walk back to my house and enter before entering that GFSZ. This is absurd. If I actually lived IN the GFSZ I could not leave my property while exercising a RIGHT. That is unconstitutional.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
Correct. My point is we cannot make one continuous walk from point A to point B if there is a GFSZ somewhere along the route. We have to stop, unload, encase, store....etc....then proceed to the next SFGZ and stop, retrieve gun, load gun, holster gun and continue on until we run into another GFSZ.

For me to walk my dogs every morning I have to exit out the front door, turn left (If I turn right I will soon enter the GFSZ), walk to the intersection and proceed straight through. If I turn left at the intersection I will once again soon enter that GFSZ. So I continue on another 800 feet straight away from this imaginary boundary and then turn left and walk another 400 feet. Once there I turn left again and walk 200 feet and then turn left again and walk back to the beginning of that block. Then I turn right and walk back to my house and enter before entering that GFSZ. This is absurd. If I actually lived IN the GFSZ I could not leave my property while exercising a RIGHT. That is unconstitutional.
Yeah it is absurd... my comments were in reference to this comment in your post....

You could never have your firearms in your own home.

M

McX

imported post

and then you can go into the grey zone stuff; you reside in a school zone, how did you get your gun home? then split the hair further to; is approved vehicle transport ok in a school zone? everything comes with 6 paragraphs to explain, and it still doesn't.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
and then you can go into the grey zone stuff; you reside in a school zone, 1. how did you get your gun home? then split the hair further to; 2. is approved vehicle transport ok in a school zone? everything comes with 6 paragraphs to explain, and it still doesn't.
1. You have to unload and encase the firearm. (that is listed in the GFSZ laws)

2. Only if it is unloaded and encased. (that is listed in the GFSZ laws)

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:

Yeah it is absurd... my comments were in reference to this comment in your post....

You could never have your firearms in your own home.
Oh, but it is correct. In states that define "Home School" and "Day Care Centers" in your own home as a "School" then if you have firearms you are violating the GFSZ law. I would have to do a lot of research to find all the states that have those definitions but I am positive there are a few. :X