• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

down the hatch tavern Lennon Michigan.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

so I went to the down the hatch tavern for a burger today, sat down at a table the bartender came to take my order; and very loudly and rudely he said "whhhhh do you have a firearm in here?" I replied politely, "oh, i'm sorry, do you have a no firearms policy?" he stuttered and said "yabba yabba you gotta take that outside!" so, I walked back to my 50,000 dollar truck sitting in front of the door, and told him politely to have a nice day!

he kind of embaressed me by acting like a dbag.

I won't be back even on a night when I am unarmed to have a drink!

kyleplusitunes

imported post

of course it's his right, I'm not saying it's not, however the way he did it was not.

also down the hatch is a corporate owned establishment. he could not give me his companies policy.

WARCHILD

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
My dad owned that bar in the 70's. He would have let you carry in there. :(
No kiddin'.... I wonder if he helped me out to my car a few times...:p
May have...spent a lot of money in there in '71....goood burgers.:celebrate

fozzy71

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
No kiddin'.... I wonder if he helped me out to my car a few times...:p
May have...spent a lot of money in there in '71....goood burgers.:celebrate

I don't recall when him and his partner bought it, exactly. I think it may have been more like 74/5. He passed away in 79. Single vehicle drunk-driving accident. Needless to say I rarely drink, and never drive if I do.

fozzy71

imported post

Congrats guys. I should probably give it up entirely, but that is the one substance I have never had addiction issues with. :uhoh:

I am 5½ years clean from my demons. :celebrate

WARCHILD

imported post

whats with all the people on the wagon in here

Well, speaking for myself as an alcoholic....
I drank my youth away many years ago and to even risk taking a "toast" drink tempts the fermented devil to move in again.

And no, I don't really miss praying at the porcelain altar with a hang over; promising not to do it again :uhoh:.......till next time.:celebrate:banghead:
Not to mention the costs involved.

JMO

SuperSneakySteve

imported post

Correct me if I"m wrong, but I"d assume (the mother of all mess ups)most taverns make at least 51% of their income from alcohol.

Wouldn't it then be a pistol free zone?

A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises