• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California, but not what you'd think.

Vanns40

imported post

Let's take a look at Cali gun owners. Geez, you guys have a tough row to hoe. You've got taxes out the wazoo, legislators who would break down your doors and take your guns in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it and, well, you know how bad it is, you're living it.

Now, I don't try and tell folks how to live or where, that's their business. But here's a thought and an idea. It seems to me that CA is not going to get any better in the guns or financial situation anytime in the foreseeable future sooo, how many gun owners would be willing to just adios if they could? Suppose all gun owners abandoned the State and left it to the lefties? :)

Okay, you're getting angry at me because you've probably thought of that and can't find a way to do it and now some choice 4 letter words are being hurled at me. Wait a minute before you burn out a reply. We have hundreds of thousands of gun owners across the country and we're generally a pretty giving bunch. We give of ourselves all the time. We give of our time and money to charities and events. We've been documented to give ten times more than the libs. So how about this, we've got this forum, right here, for open carrying and gun related stuff. Suppose Joe in CA is a carpenter and gun owner and wants to move to NM. Bill owns a construction company that needs really skilled tradesmen. Joe posts he'd like to move to NM with his guns AND he puts his email address. Bill contacts him by email and voila'.

No one is tying up OCDO with long drawn out anything. Just one sentence with an email address posted on the state or state's you'd be interested in. Gun owner to gun owner(s), helping each other out.

If your happy in Cali, fine, no insult intended. I have a friend who's moving and that's what got me thinking about this.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The fact that you even believe that California isn't going to get any better shows how much you are apparently not aware of the situation in California.

We are actually gaining ground and have several cases in the court systems now that are simply waiting for a positive vote from McDonald.

I lost my right to own a gun in California because of open carry, I will be damned if I just tuck tail and run without fighting it.

Vanns40

imported post

Theseus wrote:
The fact that you even believe that California isn't going to get any better shows how much you are apparently not aware of the situation in California.

We are actually gaining ground and have several cases in the court systems now that are simply waiting for a positive vote from McDonald.

I lost my right to own a gun in California because of open carry, I will be damned if I just tuck tail and run without fighting it.

First, as I said earlier, I meant no disrespect to anyone in CA. And you are correct, I'm not out there so I don't know the full extent of what is going on. I live in VA. I applaud you and those who are willing to stay and fight.

My comments are simply that with the horrible financial mess the State is in coupled with the gun laws, it does seem that it will be a very long time before some semblance of sanity is returned. I wish you well. If you ever visit VA drop me a line ahead of time.