• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got back from my first OC

follker

imported post

HOLY CRAP,

JUST GOT BACK FROM MY FIRST OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND..........

nothing happened.

aside from one older navy vet (he was wearing a cap) that paid a a a little more attention to me than normal (but not negative attention, he was smiling and was probably supportive) nothing, zero, nada happened.

I went to the store to pick up a 6 pack, very crowded at safeway and I could not tell if anyone even noticed.

This is what I wanted, but it was kind of....anti-climatic.

So my OC cherry is popped in time for the Denny's meet up!

J

Batousaii

imported post

Congratulations! - Yes true, most of the time nothing extravagant will occur while OC, life just sorta goes on as usual, and your 100% correct to say "this is what we want". - glad you had a good time, more to come

:) See ya at Denny's

Bat

69Charger

imported post

Felt like your first kiss, didn't it.:shock:
See ya at Dennys. :)
Dave

amzbrady

imported post

what and your gun didnt jump out of the holster and kill everyone in sight, and then get bored and go to starbucks for more victims???

Congrats, Nice when you can walk about in comfort and not get harrassed for obeying the law.

Edited for a missing R

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Lakewood Safeway, in the town center?

I OC there a lot. Nobody ever blinks twice.

Congrats on your first OC!!!

daddy4count

imported post

I OC'd for the first time just a few weeks ago... been CC for years.

I am always surprised at just how anti-climactic it is.

Always waiting for that great conversation, argument or LEO encounter... so far nada

Last night I OC'd from the gun range... stood around outside and chatted with a bike cop for about ten minutes before leaving. He glanced at my sidearm... but didn't mention it once.

Same goes for stores, banks, etc.

I think most people tend to assume you must be carrying it in some official capacity... and the more people ignore and accept you around them the more they tend to do so as well.

It is the sheep mentality, LOL

oneeyeross

imported post

What? This can't be true...nothing happened? Where was the panic, the mass hysteria, the blood in the streets, people stealing your handgun from you and using it to commit crimes & co....

Oh, I know. None of that happens, except in the minds of some less than honest individuals who are members of an anti-gun group....

daddy4count

imported post

one day I will get my chance at a real "old west-NCIS-Jason Bourne-HEAT-TJ Hooker-A-Team" style shoot out...

Until then I guess I will have to be content as a freedom loving American...

:cry:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

CoupeDevil wrote:
Bookman wrote:
CoupeDevil wrote:
nice. Thats how it should be.

I want to come to Dennys, might not be OCing though, since my holster is a day late on delivery.
It's the :cuss: Vet bills. Tell Nick not to body slam the cat.
Im lost. i dont know who nick is, but i fully support wrestling maneuvers on cats.

My mistake!:uhoh:

I confused you with another "...coupe".

69Charger

imported post

But beer does dissolve POLY pretty quickly.:p
Glock guys bewaire. :shock:

Had to.:)
I'm a 1911 guy. :cool:

Dave

acmariner99

imported post

oneeyeross wrote:
What?  This can't be true...nothing happened?  Where was the panic, the mass hysteria, the blood in the streets, people stealing your handgun from you and using it to commit crimes & co....

Oh, I know.  None of that happens, except in the minds of some less than honest individuals who are members of an anti-gun group....

I loled. Carry on to the new guy. My first time actually was grocery shopping and the bank branch that happened to be there. No one ran for cover -- well wait I was in AZ at the time, no "O cool what are you carrying" either.

killchain

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
follker wrote:
I went to the store to pick up a 6 pack, very crowded at safeway and I could not tell if anyone even noticed.

WAL MART! Didn't anybody explain the rules to you?!? First time is Wal Mart! And you have to get nachos and cheese. Then you can grab the 6-pack on the way out. Noobs.... geez... Next thing you know they will begoing to the gosh darn bank for their first time.... ;)

I'm just kiddin' with you! Amazing that people don't run and scream in terror and criminals don'tshoot at you, isn't it! :celebrate Welcome to freedom.

CRAP. That's how you do it. I knew I did something wrong. Hahaha.

+1