• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Story on Jesus on WISN 10:00 news Tuesday night

bigdaddy1

imported post

http://www.wisn.com/news/23601147/detail.html

Open Carry Advocate Accused Of Killing Man, Injuring Another

Jesus Gonzales Could Spend Life Behind Bars If Convicted

POSTED: 8:35 pm CDT May 18, 2010
UPDATED: 10:02 pm CDT May 18, 2010

MILWAUKEE -- [/b]Jesus Gonzalez gained statewide attention last year for his efforts in pushing the controversial open carry movement in Wisconsin.

Now, he's back in the news after he was involved in a shooting that left one dead and another injured.

Courts records indicate that Gonzales claims he shot the men in self defense. The survivor, however, has a very different story.

"I carry because it's a right. I'm not doing anything illegal. I see no problem with it," Gonzalez told 12 News last year, while he was advocating for openly carrying firearms in public.

At the time, he said he bought a gun after he was mugged in Milwaukee.

"I remember thinking, 'Never again. That next time I'm going to have a gun. That next time I'm going to be ready, one way or another,'" Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez's words may have come true.

He has been charged in connection with shooting two men outside his south side home -- killing one and seriously injuring the other.

According to court records, Gonzalez called 911 after the shooting saying, "I just had two individuals try to assault me when I was going outside to move my car."

When the dispatcher asked Gonzalez if the men had weapons, he said, "I don't know what they had, but they must have thought that I was not armed."

Jared Corn, the man who survived the shooting, tells a much different story.

Corn said he left a bar with his uncle, Danny John, and was walking to a friends house when he saw Gonzalez holding a gun and threatening him. Corn said Gonzalez shot him for no reason and also shot John, who was in Corn's car.

John was hit four times and died at the hospital.

Gonzalez's family did not answer their door Tuesday and his attorney did not return calls from 12 News. But during the interview last year, Gonzalez said he thinks he's safer wearing a gun.

"Having the gun open is kind of a deterrent. People don't want to mess with you at all. They see the gun and they head the other way. You know, criminals," Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez will be in court Thursday morning for a preliminary hearing.

As for Corn, a friend told 12 News that he is still in the hospital and may be paralyzed.

Yeah, sure. They were just walking and then Jesus attacked them with out provocation. What a load of BULLSH*T

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am sure he thought his life was in peril. But if he is found guilty..this will send a message, don't draw & use your weapon in self defense..if you do..your going away for life.

Libs get revenge on Open carriers...go ahead carry it..but if ya use it...LIFE IN THE BIG HOUSE !!!

Landose_theghost

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I am sure he thought his life was in peril. But if he is found guilty..this will send a message, don't draw & use your weapon in self defense..if you do..your going away for life.

Libs get revenge on Open carriers...go ahead carry it..but if ya use it...LIFE IN THE BIG HOUSE !!!
Ah the liberal nerfies, why is it they seem to jump on any bandwagon that can support their $hitty Anti-gun agendas?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I think he should ask for a change of venue. It is obvious that through the yellow journalism of the Milwaukee Urinal Spitnal Jesus will never get a fair trial in Milwaukee.

The Urinal is purposely manipulating his past interviews in an attempt to pursuade viewers that he had an agenda and this incident was premeditated. It is BS.

The more they try to manipulate the sheeple into thinking he is guilty, the more I think he is innocent of wrong doing.

Landose_theghost

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I think he should ask for a change of venue. It is obvious that through the yellow journalism of the Milwaukee Urinal Spitnal Jesus will never get a fair trial in Milwaukee.

The Urinal is purposely manipulating his past interviews in an attempt to pursuade viewers that he had an agenda and this incident was premeditated. It is BS.

The more they try to manipulate the sheeple into thinking he is guilty, the more I think he is innocent of wrong doing.
+1! truer words have never been spoken!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:

+1! truer words have never been spoken!
I think he would get a fair trial in Green Bay, or at least a fairer trail.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Is this a public hearing? I'd show up for support mos def.
I believe that it should be a public hearing. It is at a preliminary hearing that the judge affirms jurisdiction and probable cause for the defendant to be bound over for arraignment - the next step. It will be, most likely, a proforma event with no excitement.

It is way early to be speculating on a change of venue. There is not yet a judge assigned even and he is given utmost deference in selection of venue.

M

McX

imported post

i decline to watch any press coverage on this matter. i know what's going on, i figured it out, and so have alot of others..............have you?