• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supporting Arizona

Tack

imported post

This is not strictly OC, so may get deleted. I open carry in California. Since other Californian's are boycotting Arizona, I thought I'd by some ammo from there. Yes, I could buy it locally, though 45 ACP is hard to find. I can buy it on the net...OR I could support a gun shop in Arizona!

Please give me your recommendations of who I should contact for out of state sales to California. I think internet sales are legal until next year. Better yet is a shop that encourages open carry.

Rob in Vista, CA

*1911_man*

imported post

bass pro or cabellas is where i go, decent prices and usually have .45 acp.

I thought in cali you couldnt carry your weapon loaded?
what do you need to buy ammo for?:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

brokenbarrel

imported post

You have a good idea but you would be in violation of California's new ammo laws:banghead:,unless you intend on using the ammo while you are here in Arizona..Even if i don't like a law i never advocate violation of it..

JesseL

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
You have a good idea but you would be in violation of California's new ammo laws:banghead:,unless you intend on using the ammo while you are here in Arizona..Even if i don't like a law i never advocate violation of it..
My reading of the law says that it doesn't take effect until February 1, 2011 and it only applies to handgun ammunition (though I'm not sure how that is defined).

mrh2008

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
You have a good idea but you would be in violation of California's new ammo laws:banghead:
whoaaa... new ammo law? Does Komiefornia think ammo sold in AZ is more deadly or something? Is it considered "assault ammo"? I haven't heard of this ammo law and nowI'm interested, could ya fill me in if its not a problem for ya?

redoctoberz

imported post

2nd J&G sales. I've purchased all my ammo through them. They have good employees and always have a stock. At times I wish we had an AZ classifieds on here, It'd make it a lot easier to find buyers for stuff - as popular as this board is. I have a rifle and ammo I'm looking to offload.

GWbiker

imported post

Support the fabulous state of Arizona as we consider a new state flag:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Maybe that'll end up being AZ's Flag of Secession...their version ofthe "Bonnie Blue Flagthat bears a single star."

I mean with all the attacks on AZ coming from other states and DC, secession is looking better and better. Just leave. Then we can move to the New Republic of Arizona,deport all the liberals and illegals, and begin to redefine America -- one state at a time.

;)

Huzzah!

-- John D.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'd suggest getting into reloading. It's not that hard, and you can be a lot more certain that your money is going where you want it to. All kinds of 'front' businesses sell ammo, yet undermine gun-rights at every turn. I don't know anyone who has an anti-gun motive who sells 8lb jugs of powder.... ;-)

It's cheaper, too. I load my .45 for almost half of what buying it costs. I only buy ammo when I'm feeling lazy. Some people complain about the initial investment, but find a second-hand rock chucker and a set of dies costs a lot less than your gun did. Probably less than $100. Bolt it to a 2x8, use big c-clamps to hold it to a table, and you have virtually zero space requirements because you can store it quite fast. There really isn't any excuse besides admitting you're lazy... It really is too easy, just takes a little time. How long did you sit on your butt in front of the TV today?

mrh2008

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Some people complain about the initial investment, but find a second-hand rock chucker and a set of dies costs a lot less than your gun did. Probably less than $100.
Lee classic loader goes for $25 new, its oldschool, but it gets the job done and costs less than a 50 round box of .45 :celebrate