• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Craigslist / rants and raves Yakima

erich_kopp

imported post

I kept everthing in this was a response to what 3 people and I have posted on Craigs list and was wondering dose this guy sound crazy?

You said: is 4 members, andmy response: was him.

http://yakima.craigslist.org/rnr/1748072891.html

I find it interesting that you don't understand why people resent your position to "open carry". I think your post more than illustrates why people would fear you more than any percieved threat. I'll respond to each of your paragraphs to demonstrate my point:

you said:
why would you flag (because everthing that was pro gun was flaged and deleted)a constiutional right. i do open carry my gun. and no i do not need a permit to open carry. if you have a problem with that than fine that is your opinion. but at least i want to protect my family and others that may need help, if you want to meet me or my friend that open carries for pamphlets we will be at every farmers market till september. if you want to know your rights. youll probably see us around town too like both walmarts restaurants shopping centers hell even in the mall you can ask us any question you want when you see us.

My response:
This isn't the old west. You are stating openly that you will open carry at public places because it's your right, you want to pass out pamphlets, and you want to use your guns to shoot bad people. The Farmer's Market isn't exactly what I would call a high crime area around here, or the mall, or walmart. Well, it is also the publics right to call police and claim a couple of redneck lunatics are running around with guns strapped to theie belts. So, your public display of "rights" may be met with other citizens rights to exercise their rights. You may not have the desired effect bucko. You also state it's OK to have a different opinion than yours. Very kind of you.

You said:
so in other words your dont care for guns or people that carry them. so you would rather have people that do harm being the only ones with them. and also than that means your the same person that would do nothing if something was happening to your husband or wife or kids. people like you make me sick people like you just stand and watch scared not willing to help. so pathetic.

My response:
You sound very paranoid that someone is out to get you and/or your family. Have you done things to deserve that kind of treatment???? No one is out to get me or my family. Also, if someone does pull a rifle or a gun and starts shooting, it's too late, people are dead no matter what you have tucked in your pants. And if you pull it out and start shooting...well, I think one gunman would be enough. And I noticed in this paragraph it is no longer OK to have a different opinion from you. Now you state other people are "sick" and "pathetic". Geez....you really know how to flip flop don't you.....your writing indicates you suffer not only paranoia, but a schizo too!

you said:
again thank you jakima. we are open carry.org members, we believe people should start standing up for there rights no matter what. if you are interested in the knowledge of the law of open carry please look up the website. there is the full rules and regulations of open carry. just so you know, no you do not need a concealed weapons permit to open carry. its just not about looking cool its about protection of self others and your american constiutional right. remember if you dont use it you lose it. and yes the 2nd amendment is a right not a privilege read the constituion its a right.

My response:
"...if you don't use it you lose it"???? Once again,,,typical NRA paranoid rhetoric. Can you come up with something a little more genuine??? I really hope your little web site doesn't have all the spelling errors that are in your post. You don't appear to know how to spell constitution properly.

you said:
PS YOULL SEE US ALWAYS WITH OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT WITH US
ITS A SHAME PEOPLE LIKE YOU CALL YOURSELVES AMERICANS.

My response:
If you want to make youself a target, by all means please do so. Well, I'm an american, I don't carry a pea shooter but I do own a significant gun collection. I spent over half my life serving this country and protecting your rights. And believe me sonny....a sick little @#$% like you has no "right" to decide who should call themselves an americans

erich_kopp

imported post

I was e-mailed by a friend saying that their was a post at craigslist about 2 people ocing at the farmers market who was thanking us for being their. So I wrote thaks and that we would be their everysunday handing out flyers, then we were harrased bya few people calling us militia men who were out doing crazy stuff to start stuff.so a few peoplewho are not memberswere posting that they were going to be their handing out flyers too and so they started to get into it over the last 3 days, so I got on today and found this posted and thought what's with these guys? thats all but hey take it however you want.

follker

imported post

One of my biggest complaints of the anti gun lobby is how they can just 'ignore' the importance of the 2nd amendment, as if all the other amendments are important but the 2nd. 1st is king, 4th is golden, 14th and 17th outstanding, but the 2nd an accident. It burns me up.

Lets not fall victim to that same false logic. 1st amendment is our...well, FIRST amendment. People can disagree and still be Americans. Seriously. Its OK. They can hate guns and STILL be good Americans. The act of expressing their disdain of guns is exercising their 1st amendment rights to disagree, hell that MAKES them good Americans man!

Be VERY VERY VERY careful before you call someone a bad American, I think someone should apologize to someone. If someone called me un-American, I might be tempted to stuff their teeth down their throats. But that's just me.

J

[edit] corrected to read WHOEVER posted this should apologize...

kito109654

imported post

erich_kopp wrote:
I was e-mailed by a friend saying that their was a post at craigslist about 2 people ocing at the farmers market who was thanking us for being their. So I wrote thaks and that we would be their everysunday handing out flyers, then we were harrased bya few people calling us militia men who were out doing crazy stuff to start stuff.so a few peoplewho are not memberswere posting that they were going to be their handing out flyers too and so they started to get into it over the last 3 days, so I got on today and found this posted and thought what's with these guys? thats all but hey take it however you want.
They were doing what they accused you/OCers of doing: stirring up stuff just for the heck of it. Craigslist is where losers go to waste time, end of story. That's why there was an argument here. The idiots should have been ignored.

rob ral

imported post

you are right they are idiots but i feel people that dont stand up for oc. are wrong no matter where or the context. i always see the ocers groups in seattle or olympia but how come no body comes here to yakima to help us to rally for support. i mean it would be nice to get some support or something from you guys. even if it is a farmers market or the parking lot of a walmart handing out pamphlets it would be nice to have some support for this right we have. and yes i say use it or lose it because it is true. We have never been hassled in a store we never have been hassled by the police they even say hows it going today and just leave it be. but it would be nice to see you guys hand out pamphlets or support us.

rob ral

imported post

sorry but people who believe that the constituion should not be or that oc is wrong or that the 2nd amendment is wrong are un-american and that is my opinion

rob ral

imported post

how was open carry represented poorly its not like we get any help in yakima from you folks i have never seen another open carry person here. so what do you think is right how would you have dealt with it.

follker

imported post

rob535861 wrote:
how was open carry represented poorly its not like we get any help in yakima from you folks i have never seen another open carry person here. so what do you think is right how would you have dealt with it.
I can't speak for anyone else, and I am not the type to OC to make a statement personally. I would not take verbal abuse from anyone, I would just leave. I don't hand out pamphlets, I let the NRA do that. I carry for self defense and thats the ONLY reason I carry. So you know where I am coming from...

But if I were to OC to make a political statement, I would try to make it a positive one. Any negativity defeats the purpose of being out handing out pamphlets. Standing their taking a ton of crap from asshats with a smile and calming trying to reason with them WILL NOT change the asshats mind one bit, but everyone watching the exchange will slowly take YOUR side if you maintain your cool. And that is the point, right? Changing minds?

Understand you goal before you go out, understand you will not change the hard cores mind, and look to change the 'fence sitters' mind and LOOK for those situations that will do that.

Thats how I would have handled it.........

Besides, loosing your cool while CARRYING A LOADED GUN ON YOUR BELT is just NOT going to impress the fence sitters, or anyone for that matter. ALWAYS keep your cool while OC'ing........and CCing for that matter.

J

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

follker wrote:
rob535861 wrote:
I can't speak for anyone else, and I am not the type to OC to make a statement personally. I would not take verbal abuse from anyone, I would just leave. I don't hand out pamphlets, I let the NRA do that. I carry for self defense and thats the ONLY reason I carry. So you know where I am coming from...

But if I were to OC to make a political statement, I would try to make it a positive one. Any negativity defeats the purpose of being out handing out pamphlets. Standing their taking a ton of crap from asshats with a smile and calming trying to reason with them WILL NOT change the asshats mind one bit, but everyone watching the exchange will slowly take YOUR side if you maintain your cool. And that is the point, right? Changing minds?

Understand you goal before you go out, understand you will not change the hard cores mind, and look to change the 'fence sitters' mind and LOOK for those situations that will do that.

Thats how I would have handled it.........

Besides, loosing your cool while CARRYING A LOADED GUN ON YOUR BELT is just NOT going to impress the fence sitters, or anyone for that matter. ALWAYS keep your cool while OC'ing........and CCing for that matter.

J

To further support what follker said, look back at the Starbucks brouhaha earlier this year. The Brady's and WA Ceasefire were foaming at the mouth while we, the OC crowd, just kept on buying our coffee, hot chocolate, etc. We never got loud and "in your face" we just minded our own business and let them make jackasses out of themselves. And it worked! The end result is that Starbucks continues to honor state law and we come out on the winning end... as the good guys.

So defend your points and your beliefs, but keep your cool and do it with a smile.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Bookman wrote:

To further support what follker said, look back at the Starbucks brouhaha earlier this year. The Brady's and WA Ceasefire were foaming at the mouth while we, the OC crowd, just kept on buying our coffee, hot chocolate, etc. We never got loud and "in your face" we just minded our own business and let them make jackasses out of themselves. And it worked! The end result is that Starbucks continues to honor state law and we come out on the winning end... as the good guys.

So defend your points and your beliefs, but keep your cool and do it with a smile.

+1 And keep OCing in Yakima over time more will join you.

And a side note although your message doesn't change it is a good idea to work just a little bit on your posts grammar and construction. Something I am not great at but this site is helping.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rob535861 wrote:

Go to coffee and make an invitation on the board. See if anyone shows up. I have done this twice now and have people show up each time. It is your responsibility to grow the movement in Yakima, you live there.

I have said I am going to have coffee at X Starbucks on this DAY at this TIME, join me if you are inclined. I really didn't care if anyone met up with me, but they did. And the only crap I get is that I never give more than a few hours notice.

erich_kopp

imported post

Thanks for the advise, But I did non of the postings. like I said I was thanking a personwho was glad to see us, and then a few people started posting stuff up and I just left it alone. I just wanted you guys to check it out.

killchain

imported post

picard-facepalm2.jpg