Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Arizona might cut power to LA, thoughts?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    Hello again folks,

    It seems as though the Arizona issue finally hits home. With LA trying to boycott all ties to Arizona, Arizona strikes back by putting its foot down. Arizona has recently stated that if LA boycotts Arizona, then Arizona will cut a large portion of power to the city. This is a step in the right direction towards more states rights. I could not be any more proud of Arizona because they have the balls to oppose the liberals in LA. What are your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Do you have a link to a news article detailing this story?
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    281

    Post imported post

    Guess I better stock up on batteries. The LA city council is so far left, they do not even realize the consequences of their stupidity. With the power out, it will be just like old home in the rural parts of Mexico when it gets dark, except with a lot more guns around. Don't think many honest folks would be coming to town at night anymore.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Menifee, ,
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    I have lived in "so calif" for over 50 years...I have seen the illegals pour in here and over breed until the states resources can no longer support all of us...I have seen my kids carrying books twice as thick, because they were half english and half spanish...

    We are the only country that lets aliens hang over the fence to give birth so that when the kid hits the ground, he is a citizen of this country....We sell our land to aliens...but cant purchase their land...

    If I was not so old and could survive another move...I would go live in Arizona...
    In fact, I may pull it off anyway, just be able to live in a State that honors my 2nd amendment RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR Arms and....will run out the illegal criminals...

    For my money, everyone should have their citizenship docks on the back of their drivers licenses...just a thought..



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Menifee, ,
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    Another thought...if Arizona does cut the electricity....our electrical rates will go sky high...believe it...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    http://www.abc15.com/content/financi...TJxnHs5Xg.cspx

    That's just one of many new articles on the subject.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Butler, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    118

    Post imported post

    Just gotta love this!

  8. #8
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    And this has something to do with open carry?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  9. #9
    Regular Member Prophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    And this has something to do with open carry?
    You won't be able to clean your gun at night after a hard day of OPEN CARRYING if you don't have electricity to light your lightbulbs.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    And this has something to do with open carry?

    Hello Condition Three,

    On the surface, your point is well taken.

    However, the same politicians who are passing these resolutions and trying to set policy for another state, are ignoring their own fiscal messes. Just as our legislature is burning the midnight oil to further abolish the 2nd A, our fiscal crisis grows. It is the same problem, our politicians are progressive idiots.

    Arizona, a state which is attempting to uphold existing law, enforce our border, and quell an unarmed invasion, produces more saleable goods--that we, a welfare state, needs. AZ has the electricity, AZ has the water, AZ has the gun rights. AZ knows how to fight back.

    We are little sheeple waiting for the criminal element and LEO to violate our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Liberal progressives are the problem--they try to control another state while their state crumbles.

    Sorry for the hyperbole!

    markm


  11. #11
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Read the article posted on Fox News

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...yback-boycott/

    I think this is great! I am really proud of AZ for standing up to the socialist progressives who not only find it necessary to control their citizenry, but also the citizenry of other states. The arrogance!!! Even if it means I have to buy a generator to get through the rough spots I will. Just one more reason to consider a move to AZ.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakland, CA., ,
    Posts
    17

    Post imported post

    resonance wrote:
    I have lived in "so calif" for over 50 years...I have seen the illegals pour in here and over breed until the states resources can no longer support all of us...I have seen my kids carrying books twice as thick, because they were half english and half spanish...

    We are the only country that lets aliens hang over the fence to give birth so that when the kid hits the ground, he is a citizen of this country....We sell our land to aliens...but cant purchase their land...

    If I was not so old and could survive another move...I would go live in Arizona...
    In fact, I may pull it off anyway, just be able to live in a State that honors my 2nd amendment RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR Arms and....will run out the illegal criminals...

    For my money, everyone should have their citizenship docks on the back of their drivers licenses...just a thought..

    I guess your post would make sense if America hadn't stole the land from Mexico in the first place.

    Your family must be American-Indian......they couldn't be from another country could they? Your family are indigenous to America huh?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    34

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    And this has something to do with open carry?
    +1

  14. #14
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Nick Justice wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    And this has something to do with open carry?
    +1
    If AZ cuts power to CA, then massive black outs might ensue.If such a thing were to occurat night one might need to know how UOC could protect them while out of their home.

    Of course one would also need to know that LOC is the law of the land while at home.

    It might be a good time to load up on shot shell, pistol ammo, and AR ammo...as if anyone is actually low on such stock. The writing is on the wall people, what are you doing to prepare for those "rainy" days.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    And the Mexicans stole the land from the native Americans. So what exactly is your point in all of this? And yes, the Mexicans were FAR worse to the natives than Americans were. Mind you yes, we did horrible things to the natives as well.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486

    Post imported post

    Bloodsin wrote:
    And the Mexicans stole the land from the native Americans. So what exactly is your point in all of this? And yes, the Mexicans were FAR worse to the natives than Americans were. Mind you yes, we did horrible things to the natives as well.
    Actually, we did not steal the land from Mexico. Mexico was ours and its people were our possession's. They lost the war that they started to an equivalent of two US divisions and then agreed to the Guadalupe de Hidalgo treaty which granted land which Mexicans were not providing police power over to the US, in trade for their country back. Mighty generous of the US. You may own land, but if you don't provide maintenance of that land, you will lose it.

    The Spaniards rolled through Mexico with about 2,000 men. The French rolled through Mexico with about two divisions. We rolled through Mexico with about two divisions.

    The Mexicans are winning this war with 20 million illegal aliens.

    How many divisions will it take to roll Mexico this time?

    markm

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    One good thing about this 'escalation' (rocking the boat of the status-quo) might be that finally, SOMETHING will get done about the Border.

    The other thing is it brings the (Culture War) enemy out of the closet, because they get angry at a state doing the right thing (enforcing THE LAW) instead of keeping under the radar of (hiding from) the rest of America. Brings the roaches out of the woodwork so to speak. Their anger at AZ gets the better of them and they're 'outed.' It might help draw battle lines in this country, making people choose sides. Take a stand.

    Whatever, I support AZ for taking a stand...and if more states (like sorry CA and even TX) take a stand against AZ, I hope it remains steadfast regardless, does not cave-ineven to pressure from DC, AND, we do what we can to support AZ in this.

    -- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    I was trying to say the Spanish stole the land from the natives so technically we didn't steal the land from Mexico either.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    Technically (and historically) speaking, no one 'stole'any land from the Indians. Theydidn't own any land, didn't have that concept of 'ownership' so you can't steal something from someone who never owned it.

    Besides, the Indians stolethe land, by force,from the wooly mammoths.

    -- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    cloudcroft wrote:
    Technically (and historically) speaking, no one 'stole'¬*any land from the Indians. They¬*didn't own any land, didn't have that concept of 'ownership' so you can't steal something from someone who never owned it.
    So, does this mean that when I squish an ant, it is not "killed", since it has no conception of death?

    What about the rape of an innocent child? Is this not "rape" because the child has yet to develop a concept of what "not being raped" is?

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    marshaul,

    This thread is OT enough (and will probably therefore get locked liked the other one on this subject since I don't see OC-related here whatsoever) so I was justthrowing ina historical fact, not a moral judgement.

    But is it true that I feel no sympathy for the 'poor innocent and noble' Indians (like seen in the Dances with Wolves 'noble savage' BS) since they did the very same to each other before any Europeans ever hit the beach. Then, they complained when the new, bigger and badder 'white tribes' did it to them (yet stilldidn't mind making alliances with the 'evil savage white tribes' in order to continue to wage war on their traditionalIndian enemies). [That's also historical fact]

    American Indians...what hypocritical whiners. [That's opinion]

    -- John D.

    P.S. I think if anyone knows what a tiny ant brains thinks, you do...so I'll leaveant psychology to you. But I must confess that I AM almost anexpert in mosquito psychology as we have lots of those down here...and they have tiny brains, too. ;-)

    Otherwise, no more OT additions from me to this already OT thread.


    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    DELETED - Double Post
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    I beg to differ. This subject has A LOT to do with OC for the sheer fact that this is going to effect us in a massive way. We do not know that if Arizona shuts down the power that they will turn LA into a police state. We do not know what the liberals will do in response to this. We also know that Arizona is a state in which you can conceal carry loaded without any permit and be within your rights.

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    I agree...butmy response to that effectover in this thread (see link below) didn'tmatter tothe 2 OT police members there:The threadwas immediately locked and they even deleted my last response at the very end:

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/43347.html

    In short, immigration subjects areNOT OC RELATED and therefore should not be posted.

    It's their rules so that's how it is.

    -- John D.

    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  25. #25
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    Do you really think this will happen? All of the emergency services would be cut off, Businesses closed, Looting, people lives put in jeopardy...on andon and on. All the lawyers in the state would be put to work filing all the lawsuits.

    Not to mention that all the electricity is on a giant grid. If AZ cut off the power, it would just be rerouted from somewhere else.

    It just ain't gonna happen.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rightĎs existence is all the reason he needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •