• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is CC an attempt to shame you?

M

McX

imported post

Here's something to think about; if we go CC, then it's out of sight, out of mind. is that an attempt at the highest levels of society to shame you?
explanation and support; they're doing it with smoking. you smoke you go outside. if you OC, and an anti 'drops dime' on you, the police show up, and your shamed. you can't enter a school zone though guns flow through it like water if you do- your shamed (prosecuted). some people look at you funny- your shamed, some run their mouth against you- face to face, and in the media- and your shamed.
let the discussion begin;

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Like was commented on the Daily Show, it is time for ALL carriers to "come out" and start carrying in the open.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm ashamed of the people who would persecute another for the exercise of their rights.

IMHO, CC is a practical matter. I'd like to be able to not worry about covering up when it's -40F. I'd like to not have to worry when I throw on a jacket to walk the dog.

There are other times when I'd just rather CC as well, just personal choice; however, I'll never feel shame for exercising my rights.

I'm also not ashamed of smoking nor am I ashamed of those who do. The smoking ban is another subject that I could go on and on about; privateproperty ownersrights and all.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

The purpose of ccw is to allow you to be able to defend yourself without alarming the public. The sheeple have been so brainwashed that no matter what evidence you present to the contrary they will always side with the anti's.

That is why it is very important for those who ccw to practice as to not to print.

If you choose to ccw don't advertise it, don't share the secret with a friend or even a loved one. Remember they are only human and sometimes things slip out where others can hear. That is all a cop needs for a reason to stop you.

We must remember that these chosen members of society that the eletists have hand picked as our police officers are the only ones that the sheeple accept as being capable, able, worthy or allowed to carry a firearm. No matter what evidence you give them to say anything to the contrary.

Now many here will say this is cop bashing. No it is not. It is the truth.
Many of you will say, but there are good cops out there. Are there really?
If so then why do these good cops sit back and watch as the "bad ones" break the laws, violate our rights and abuse their powers and authority? Doesn't that make the good ones just as bad? I would think so. Truth is it happens all the time on every department in every town and every officer whether you think they are good or bad is guilty of this. They all stand by each other and cover each others arses no matter what. It is a Turf war thing. Them against us.

In their eyes you life isn't as important as theirs, therefore there is no need for you to carry. It doesn't matter where you live or what you do for a living. It doesn't matter how important your family is to you or how important you are to your family. All that matters to them is that thay get to do something that you can't. It is a symbol of power for them and when you carry either CCW or OCW you are taking away from their power trip. That is a no no.

See the definition of Polictician and Police Officer is one and the same and that definition is Power Monger.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
The purpose of ccw is to allow you to be able to defend yourself without alarming the public. The sheeple have been so brainwashed that no matter what evidence you present to the contrary they will always side with the anti's.

That is why it is very important for those who ccw to practice as to not to print.

If you choose to ccw don't advertise it, don't share the secret with a friend or even a loved one. Remember they are only human and sometimes things slip out where others can hear. That is all a cop needs for a reason to stop you.

We must remember that these chosen members of society that the eletists have hand picked as our police officers are the only ones that the sheeple accept as being capable, able, worthy or allowed to carry a firearm. No matter what evidence you give them to say anything to the contrary.

Now many here will say this is cop bashing. No it is not. It is the truth.
Many of you will say, but there are good cops out there. Are there really?
If so then why do these good cops sit back and watch as the "bad ones" break the laws, violate our rights and abuse their powers and authority? Doesn't that make the good ones just as bad? I would think so. Truth is it happens all the time on every department in every town and every officer whether you think they are good or bad is guilty of this. They all stand by each other and cover each others arses no matter what. It is a Turf war thing. Them against us.

In their eyes you life isn't as important as theirs, therefore there is no need for you to carry. It doesn't matter where you live or what you do for a living. It doesn't matter how important your family is to you or how important you are to your family. All that matters to them is that thay get to do something that you can't. It is a symbol of power for them and when you carry either CCW or OCW you are taking away from their power trip. That is a no no.

See the definition of Polictician and Police Officer is one and the same and that definition is Power Monger.
Gleason, normally you and I dont see eye to eye, But here we do. Thank man, I couldn't have articulated this better myself.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
I'm ashamed of the people who would persecute another for the exercise of their rights.

IMHO, CC is a practical matter. I'd like to be able to not worry about covering up when it's -40F. I'd like to not have to worry when I throw on a jacket to walk the dog.

There are other times when I'd just rather CC as well, just personal choice; however, I'll never feel shame for exercising my rights.

I'm also not ashamed of smoking nor am I ashamed of those who do. The smoking ban is another subject that I could go on and on about; privateproperty ownersrights and all.
I have to agree with Brass Magnet here. When it gets COLD, CC is significantly more preferable.

jrm

imported post

Historically, people just carried their guns openly. That's how it was done, guns were of a size that most were difficult to conceal, and holsters were made for open carry. People who CCd were considered to be "hiding something," and they hid their guns because they intended to use them to commit crimes. That's how CCW laws got started.

In modern times, there is no longer a rational reason to prohibit CCW. SCOWI and courts in other states that have CCW laws have to explain this anachronistic prohibition by saying it's so people know they are dealing with an armed person. Why? What is the value in that information? And, is that information so important it's worth criminal sanctions for refusing to provide it?

Then, you have states like FL and TX that require CCW and prohibit OC. So, if I travel from GA to FL, the people in GA have an important need to know that I'm carrying, but when I cross the state line, the people in FL have a just-as-important need to remain ignorant that I'm armed.

Yes, those are indeed important public policies.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:

I have to agree with Brass Magnet here. When it gets COLD, CC is significantly more preferable.
How come when someone agrees with me it's always " I have to agree"? Like it's pulling teeth. Am I really that bad to agree with? ;):lol:

jrm

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
How come when someone agrees with me it's always " I have to agree"? Like it's pulling teeth. Am I really that bad to agree with? ;):lol:
OK, I agree.
But only because you have to.

nucleus

imported post

25 years ago the culture was different, you were okay as long as your gun was showing. Concealing it was illegal and a big no-no. We were all trying to deal with winter coats without concealing our handguns.

Now, people get alarmed if they see an openly carried weapon and the culture is opposite. Everyone, including the police want you to conceal the weapon.

Pendulum.

Nucleus

jrm

imported post

nucleus wrote:
25 years ago the culture was different....
Yes, 25 years ago (okay, it was more like 35), I took a rifle to school and fired it in a classroom full of students. No one freaked, no one called the police, and I got an A in physics for setting up and implementing an experiment to measure the kinetic energy of a rifle bullet.

M

McX

imported post

exactly, i fired skeet out the gym doors back in the day. it was a high school class option. it was accepted. now you see it even in the threads, be ashamed, cover it up. police asking carriers; you got a cc permit? (lead in to the lecture).

protias

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:

Or raining.

MK

imported post

Its kind of like, "don't ask, don't tell".

M

McX

imported post

saw a topic in the alabama thread, seemed to relate to this discussion. hop on ver there, and read it, it's not hard to find, and see the correlation.