• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Veterans OC event, what do you think?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

How about a veterans OC picnic where we invite veterans to come and eat lunch and do a little ceremony in their honor and say thanks for their service.

Our regular OCers that are veterans could wear shirts or hats representing their branch as well as any other veterans that want to join us and learn about OC, etc...

I propose this as an idea for a future event and welcome all ideas. I don't have a date, place etc. in mind so post your thoughts here.

yooperlady

imported post

Most excellent idea! We should always honor and thank our vets, and our military for the job well done.

For our FREEDOM!!!! So we can enjoy our rights. Like open carrying our pistols, whenever we want and where ever we want...:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

yooperlady

imported post

Good Morning!

insignia240 & anetsprungen I know this isn't the place for this but I

do believe that there should be more people expressing how proud

and thankful they are for your service in the military. For our FREEDOM!

I am personally going THANK-YOU!!!!

I oc once in a while. But will not today. But you see that is the

FREEDOM and RIGHT to do it whenever I please.

So to all our VETS and those who are serving now, stand PROUD. walk

with your heads up. And GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!! :celebrate :celebrate

PDinDetroit

imported post

Good idea. Have it on Memorial Day or Veterans Day, could even participate as part of a parade and have the picnic later.

WARCHILD

imported post

Too bad we didn't think of this a little earlier, Armed Forces day was May 15. :uhoh:

Memorial Day would be good but is an awful popular holiday, don't know how many people would show up.

Veteran's Day is Nov. 11... be kinda chilly then, but could make it a hot chili picnic.

Father's Day- June 20..Sun

July 4th..?

Sept. 11th..Patriots Day....not!

Oct. 24th... United Nations Day

Just a few suggestions.... IMO

yooperlady

imported post

Memorial day is a wonderful time. We can honor all Vets, all Military, past and present. And also honor the fallen.

But that is just about upon us...to get anything that would be anything good we would need some time. Finding a place, getting invites out, and making it a passing dish picnic. Bring your own drinks (no alcohol)

I am willing to help if you want me to..Steve will help also. It is just I don't know where there is a good place.

I can not help on the 4th of July and it is not a good time anyway. To many people have their own things going on and a lot are gone on vacation.

And yes Nov is a little cold. So maybe a holiday is not a good time...but Memorial would have been a good time.

Let me know what you come up with...or what you think? :lol:

yooperlady

imported post

Me again....:exclaim:

Steve and I just had another idea.

We believe that we don't need a holiday to honor them. We should be honoring them everyday. They fight and protect our country every day.

And Sunday is not a good day because that is a family day. People go to church, they go out to eat, and then enjoy their company and rest up for the next day when the most of them work.

Sat would be a good day. Not a Sat before a holiday. Most are traveling then.

A Sat when there is no special holiday...so what say you?

Looking forward to it...:)

B

Bikenut

imported post

Has anyone noticed that Yooperlady and I work together as a team on things?

Folks... I am a lucky man to have found this Lady!:D

Smoochers to ya Honey!:)

Ok all y'all... back to topic....

UCWT

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Has anyone noticed that Yooperlady and I work together as a team on things?

Folks... I am a lucky man to have found this Lady!:D

Smoochers to ya Honey!:)

Ok all y'all... back to topic....

she must like antiques :p

yooperlady

imported post

Why would we need a room? Ours room is great!!!! It has all the necessary things we need...no extra room needed....:celebrate:celebrate we both dance the same dance....

WARCHILD

imported post

It has all the necessary things we need

whips, handcuffs, chains,..... and of course... a Dew dispenser :p

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. :p

B

Bikenut

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
It has all the necessary things we need

whips, handcuffs, chains,..... and of course... a Dew dispenser :p

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. :p
Ya but....

I "open carry"!!!

yooperlady

imported post

What gun powder do you like to smell... I figure you carry several guns on you.....!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I guess there would be different smells...

And the dew dispenser is across the hall. No changes in color there.

Who needs whips and handcuffs. Things settle right down. No whipping here.

I suppose your used to the whips and handcuffs....huh!!!!

I don't like pain...I like pleasure....:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate