• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a video recorder that can transmit live to PC at home?

sasha601

imported post

In light of recent detention of one of the OCers by MSPand an attempt by the officer to erase recording, do you guys know if there is a video recorder available that can transmit video live to be recorded bya PC at home (via 3G network, perhaps)?

This way, if officer tries to seize recorder and erase content, all that already happenned will be on record (including the act of unlawful seizure).

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sasha601 wrote:
In light of recent detention of one of the OCers by MSP and an attempt by the officer to erase recording, do you guys know if there is a video recorder available that can transmit video live to be recorded by a PC at home (via 3G network, perhaps)?

This way, if officer tries to seize recorder and erase content, all that already happenned will be on record (including the act of unlawful seizure).

Similar- I use qik.com's iPhone app (they have a WinMo App too) that lets me record and broadcast live to qik.com - it save the recording and allows for publishing later to Youtube or other video services.

So not only does it broadcast the event live as it's happening, it saves it for later, too. (You can turn off live broadcast and just have it save for later if you want).

army74

imported post

I m having a problem in pontiac mi saying im violating my cpl because im open carrying. Im going to city council meeting on thursday 5/20/2010 at 7pm its at 47450 woodward ave pontiac mi. TY any support would be appreciated.

lapeer20m

imported post

army74 wrote:
I m having a problem in pontiac mi saying im violating my cpl because im open carrying. Im going to city council meeting on thursday 5/20/2010 at 7pm its at 47450 woodward ave pontiac mi. TY any support would be appreciated.
unfortunately i have to work, but you should start a new thread on this topic.

Good luck!

fozzy71

imported post

army74 wrote:

Please start a new thread, if you haven't yet. You can be sure some of the members will be glad to show up and explain the law to the city council. ;)

sasha601

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
sasha601 wrote:
In light of recent detention of one of the OCers by MSPand an attempt by the officer to erase recording, do you guys know if there is a video recorder available that can transmit video live to be recorded bya PC at home (via 3G network, perhaps)?

Similar- I use qik.com's iPhone app (they have a WinMo App too) that lets me record and broadcast live to qik.com - it save the recording and allows for publishing later to Youtube or other video services.

So not only does it broadcast the event live as it's happening, it saves it for later, too. (You can turn off live broadcast and just have it save for later if you want).
Just be careful with terminology. You are transmitting your encounter, not broadcasting. Broadcasting is for someone "to hear or see" and might be illegal in certain situations. Transmitting is where you transmit for yourself to a remote location where only you have access to.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sasha601 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
sasha601 wrote:
In light of recent detention of one of the OCers by MSP and an attempt by the officer to erase recording, do you guys know if there is a video recorder available that can transmit video live to be recorded by a PC at home (via 3G network, perhaps)?

Just be careful with terminology. You are transmitting your encounter, not broadcasting. Broadcasting is for someone "to hear or see" and might be illegal in certain situations. Transmitting is where you transmit for yourself to a remote location where only you have access to.

Depends - this can literally broadcast to anyone and everyone if that's how you set it up - in which case I would announce that it's being broadcast live.

Otherwise, set it up for private recording.

thekunk47

imported post

Open carrying with CPL is not in violation of any ordinance.It is being taught that way in some classes and I have talked with LEOs that believe this is the case. Email hawkinscj@michigan .gov

Ask him to email the answer to you so you may have it with you.This is the man that took over for Sgt. Deasy in the state police headquarters in Lansing and he is very knowledgable.They are way off on this one.The CPL just gives you another legal means of carry. You give up nothing for obtaining it.This kind of BS must be stopped.

eastmeyers

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

This is freakin awesome!

God Bless