• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AM620 talking about OC right now

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

just started... AM620 talking about OC right now... if someone can contact WCI on twitter or whatever and let them know that would be great...

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know how it went.... I was driving back to work from my lunch hour when I heard him bring up the topic, he stated that he thought open carry (and the recent publicity with Jesus and Hubing) wasn't helping the 2nd Ammed. cause. At that point I headed into work to post this thread and try to PM you. By the time I got the "Listen Live" link going that portion of the show was over... it only lasted like 10-15 minutes...

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They have podcasts of old shows on the website, it looks like it takes about 2 days to get them uploaded to their site, so I'll check for it in a couple days...

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Jeff Wagner is really on the wrong side of this issue and he is bearing false prophet to his support of the second amendment.

In the past 6 months or so, Open-Carry has been a topic of Jeff's show at least 3 times that I remember. Each of those times, his contention remains the same. "Open-Carry is hurting the cause". Is it really Jeff?

I think Jeff Wagner is hurting the cause. Jeff misunderstands what the right to keep and bear arms is all about. He thinks a permit system with mandatory government training, registration and licensing is what our founding fathers had in mind.

Jeff says "I am a huge believer in the 2nd Amendment"

I don't think the facts bear that out Jeff...

He says he believes "Wisconsin needs to move in the direction of broadening the rights of law abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms with various restrictions"

There has to be:

Training
Licensing
Registration
Education

Jeff, if you want to "broaden the rights" of law abiding citizens, how is mandatory government training, permits, permit fee's, registration ect. "broadening" the rights of law-abiding citizens.

Perhaps its "rights" that Mr. Wagner doesn't understand.

Its VERY ironic to hear Mr. Wagner claim that "open-carry is hurting the cause"

I think Mr. Wagner is hurting the cause. He's hurting the cause because he is putting his OWN misconceptions that are not based on reality but his own former leo perspective out on the airwaves and claiming that is how most people feel. He is dead wrong.

In the above link to the segment today Jeff claims people who open-carry will scare people. Jeff says:
"I think the general reaction that most people in public have when they see someone walking down the street and they see someone with a gun on their hip is "my god why does this person have a gun"

Jeff is DEAD wrong. People do not get alarmed, they do not get scared. By going on the airwaves and claiming that "most people" in the general public are alarmed he's perpetuation falsities and myth. JEFF is hurting the cause of the 2nd Amendment and right to carry.

We can all attest that Jeff is wrong.

When I grocery shop while open-carrying women with children notice my sidearm and CONTINUE to shop right next to me. If they were uncomfortable, if they were alarmed, surely they'd head to the next aisle, or the other side of the store. SURELY someone would talk to the manager.

We all know this doesn't happen. SO while Jeff Wagner SPECULATES what people will do and perpetuates that misconception on the airwaves HURTING the cause, we are out there going about our business, alarming next to NO ONE.

And Jeff claims Open-Carriers are setting back the cause? THAT is Irony.

Jeff, ALMOST no one is alarmed. People go about their business. THE CAUSE is advanced when people with no exposure to guns other than crime on the nightly news SEE that law-abiding citizens; old, young, white-collar, blue-collar, men, women, mothers, doctors, lawyers, school teachers. ALL these people open-carry in Wisconsin. Across the country ALL these people carry on a daily basis. Open-Carry shows the public that "good guys carry too".

Other quotes from Jeff Wagner in the above segment:

In general these type of activities "hurt the cause"

In his opinion ONLY.

Vast majority of people do not believe that average citizens should be just walking down the street without a permit without any registration without any training with guns on their hips.

Jeff has NO data to support this claim

Rise of this "open carry movement" is setting back the bigger picture of 2nd amendment rights and conceal carry.

CATEGORICALLY WRONG... Rise of the open-carry movement is ADVANCING the big picture. "Conceal Carry" is the small picture. The RIGHT to carry in the manner of your choosing WITHOUT useless permits that criminals ignore and useless licensing fee's that only support the governments own bureaucracy is the BIG picture.

Jeff Wagner needs to step back and look at what is happening in America. People are DONE with big nanny government. DONE with useless regulation that only encumbers the law-abiding while crime and criminals are unaffected. Jeff Wagner has a typical law-enforcement perspective. As ex-law enforcement he doesn't understand rights AT all. If he thinks what the majority of americans want is more government control, more government intervention in our lives, more fees, more requirements... He's wrong.

M

McX

imported post

registration equals taxation.
my god, why does he have a gun on his hip? because he's the smart one.

protias

imported post

McX wrote:
registration equals taxation.
my god, why does he have a gun on his hip? because he's the smart one.
Because he doesn't know when and where the next crime will happen AND doesn't know where the nearest police officer is.

MKEgal

imported post

Nik posted (from the radio show):
"I think the general reaction that most people in public have when they see someone
walking down the street and they see someone with a gun on their hip is "my god why
does this person have a gun."

Well, yeah, sometimes I get questions. Like the guy at Taco Bell this afternoon, asking if I
were on my way to/from the range. "Nope, just going about my daily business." He didn't
freak, didn't look scared, didn't call the manager or any other employee or the police...
just gave me my change & receipt.

Then there's the Chinese buffet we like (on Brown Deer at about 83rd, behind Olive Garden),
where nobody has ever said boo to me, even asked me a question, not the staff nor any
patrons.

Or the motorcycle shop. One guy sometimes makes jokes about "don't shoot" when I
come in, but he's calming down. The rest of the people have never said anything to me.

"When I grocery shop while open-carrying women with children notice my sidearm and
CONTINUE to shop right next to me."

Well, Nik, you're kinda intimidating all on your own. The gun is sort of an afterthought. :D
Whenever I read from antis that people who carry guns are compensating for something,
I think of you... I can't think of anyone who's compensating LESS, at least from what I can
see. (And no, I don't want to hear from your girlfriend on what isn't visible, thank you.) :what:

"Vast majority of people do not believe that average citizens should be just walking down
the street without a permit without any registration without any training with guns on their hips."

I wonder how many of his "vast majority" would agree to licensing and governmental control
of their other Constitutional rights?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MKEgal wrote:
Nik posted (from the radio show):
"I think the general reaction that most people in public have when they see someone
walking down the street and they see someone with a gun on their hip is "my god why
does this person have a gun."

Well, yeah, sometimes I get questions. Like the guy at Taco Bell this afternoon, asking if I
were on my way to/from the range. "Nope, just going about my daily business." He didn't
freak, didn't look scared, didn't call the manager or any other employee or the police...
just gave me my change & receipt.

Then there's the Chinese buffet we like (on Brown Deer at about 83rd, behind Olive Garden),
where nobody has ever said boo to me, even asked me a question, not the staff nor any
patrons.

Or the motorcycle shop. One guy sometimes makes jokes about "don't shoot" when I
come in, but he's calming down. The rest of the people have never said anything to me.

"When I grocery shop while open-carrying women with children notice my sidearm and
CONTINUE to shop right next to me."

Well, Nik, you're kinda intimidating all on your own. The gun is sort of an afterthought. :D
Whenever I read from antis that people who carry guns are compensating for something,
I think of you... I can't think of anyone who's compensating LESS, at least from what I can
see. (And no, I don't want to hear from your girlfriend on what isn't visible, thank you.) :what:

"Vast majority of people do not believe that average citizens should be just walking down
the street without a permit without any registration without any training with guns on their hips."

I wonder how many of his "vast majority" would agree to licensing and governmental control
of their other Constitutional rights?
the Bon Orient Buffet in Green Bay serves beer so no OC there...:(

M

McX

imported post

permission slips bearing the wisconsincarry logo; God i love wisconsincarry! Everything a feller will need!

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah I get the same vibe as Nik gets from Jeff Wagner. I cought the beginning part of the show yesterday and turned it off, I get in enough debates with anti-gunners at work to hear some more crap.

Yet what Jeff conveyed in the beginning of the discussion CLEARLY shows his position on carrying of a weapon:

1: Permit system, liscensing

2: State mandated training

^ The people like Jeff whos commentary include these two Requirements for carrying a gun really show a lack of deeper knowledge/understanding of individual rights, government and beaurocracies, and crime.And then they paint themselves as second ammendment supporters, they probobly believethey could wear a button or something that will help make others and maybe themselves believe that they support the right of citizens to carry firearms.< :banghead: I can't stand people like that.