Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stopped by DPD Today

Post imported post

Was oc,ing on bicycle ride to a friends garage. On my way passed a DP car parked, Friend was not there, called him on cell phone and when I put my cell phone back in the case I must have accidently covered my gun. Anyway when I left his garage going back down Vernor I stopped at the red light at Central. All of a sudden a unmarked pulled in at me head on, Three plainclothes officers got out, guns drawn, one leveled at me,Was told to put hands up, One officer approached and I informed him I had a CPL and was carrying, Informed him were gun was, He lifted my shirt and removed it,Asked forCPL and license, Gave them to him, Marked car also pulled up, One officer said they had a bunch of calls on me, I think the marked car that pulled up was the same one parked that I passed with a officer sitting in. Stop lasted about 5 minutes, Asked if being detained, Officer said no, as soon as we write your info down u are free to go.Officer put my gun back in my holster and pulled my shirt over it, Ipulled my shirt up and tucked it bebind my gun so it wasit plain sight and rode away with the marked car still there.

Have audio but Ineed help uploading.....

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

"The biggest concern is you get a large number of people like at the Ponderosa-- it's going to be chaos. Somebody's going to get hurt," Sheriff Wriggelsworth says.

Okay, now I know what hemeant, the Police will hurt a law abiding citizen, now I understand.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    "The biggest concern is you get a large number of people like at the Ponderosa-- it's going to be chaos. Somebody's going to get hurt," Sheriff Wriggelsworth says.

Okay, now I know what hemeant, the Police will hurt a law abiding citizen, now I understand.
    I think u posted in the wrong post

Post imported post

Nope he knows where he posted and if you read the other thread you will understand.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

bossbart wrote:
    Asked if being detained, Officer said no, as soon as we write your info down u are free to go.Officer put my gun back in my holster . . .
    You were detained. Stopped at gunpoint, your weapon seized temporarily, police investigatingand writing info down . . . it's laughable if anyone triesto argue you were "free to go", or should have reasonably assumed you were free to go,at any time during your encounter.

Yes, you were detained. It mayhave been a legal detention, but maybe not. Also, the guns pointed at you may have been a legal act, or may have been a crime if there was no legal justification to do so. Depends on the totality of circumstances, which you won't have a better idea of unless you FOIA all info.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

isn't being held at gunpoint assault? can i point my gun at people even if they aren't doing anything illegal?

Post imported post

DPD obviously wants another lawsuit. Feiger is more than happy to sue them, according to latest news. I'm sure you, as like many, cannot afford a lawsuit, and they know this, and will continue until someone spanks them for a couple million. Personally, if I ever won a case involving that kinda money, I could probably open myself a pretty sweet gunstore...
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

manicdevery wrote:
    isn't being held at gunpoint assault?
    No, not if there is a justification to hold someone at gunpoint.

can i point my gun at people even if they aren't doing anything illegal?
    Yes, if you have a reasonable belief that someone is acting or about to act in a way which the law justifies the level of force implicit in pointing a gun at them. Laws governing use of force rarely prescribe that the person you are using force against must actually be doing something illegal, only that you have a reasonable belief that they are. There are more than a fewcases(usually tragic)where justifiable force was usedon someone on the basis of reasonable beliefwhich turned out that the person upon whom force was used was in fact notacting inthe way the person using force reasonably believed. For example, cases in which drunken people, late atnight, merely are entering a domicile they think is theirs butturns out to be someone else's and they have weapons pointed at them or get shot, because the owner reasonably fears for his life.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

The holding people at gunpoint part really has me concerned. I understand that the PD needs to investigate "man with a gun" calls when citizens call them in. I do NOT understand why the cops need to show up with guns drawn, pointing them at people.

We've seen COUNTLESS tragic incidents where a drawn gun "goes off" (read ... someone negligently pulls the trigger) and kills someone.

Police who illegally draw on someone without justification should be held accountable.

Post imported post

can't wait to hear the audio.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

CrimDoc wrote:
    We've seen COUNTLESS tragic incidents where a drawn gun "goes off" (read ... someone negligently pulls the trigger) and kills someone.
    DPD vs. 7 year old girl.

Terribly sad too...
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

CrimDoc wrote:
    The holding people at gunpoint part really has me concerned. I understand that the PD needs to investigate "man with a gun" calls when citizens call them in. I do NOT understand why the cops need to show up with guns drawn, pointing them at people.

Police who illegally draw on someone without justification should be held accountable.
    Really? You are really asking this question? Why do you think they did this? Officer safety? Perhaps, but my opinion is citizen harassment and an attempt to discourage OC.

You have been in an ivory tower too long.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    bossbart wrote:
    Three plainclothes officers got out, guns drawn, one leveled at me,Was told to put hands up . . .
    . . .
    Also, the guns pointed at you may have been a legal act, or may have been a crime if there was no legal justification to do so.
    Only one gun was "pointed" at BB. That is, if his "leveled" is the equivalent of"pointed."

But one may be enough, if it was indeed "pointed" at BB.

Danbus had a gun pointed directly at him in Norfolk VA outside a bank a couple of years ago and, as it turned out, not justifiably. He collected $10,000 for that unjustified use of force/assault. Out of court settlement, IIRC.

Was there dash cam video involved involved, BB?

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Purposely pointing a gun at someone without good cause is "Felonious Assault".

Post imported post

bossbart wrote:
    snip'

Asked if being detained, Officer said no, as soon as we write your info down u are free to go.
    Doublespeak, anyone? What a crock. "You're not being detained, but you can't leave yet". WTH.

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

yes it was pointed right at me by one officer, thesecond officer had his weapon out but pointed toward the ground, The 3rdI alsothink he had his weapon out it was pointed toward the ground

Need help uploading audio

Post imported post

i will gladly help you upload the audio.

mike stille is an expert (in my book) when it comes to transferring large quantities of audio/video data.

the method i use is to open the audio file in a program like windows movie maker then save as a *.mpg or *.wmv file. Then it's easy to upload to youtube.

are you able to transfer the audio to your pc? My recorder does not have that option, so i use a headphone jack to connect the recorder to my pc and record the audio manually onto my hard drive.

i'll send you my number via pm if you'd like.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

manicdevery wrote:
    isn't being held at gunpoint assault? can i point my gun at people even if they aren't doing anything illegal?
    Law abiding citizens can't.

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-18-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Was there dash cam video involved involved, BB?
    Sounded like he said the unmarked car pulled in front of him. Sounds like a "sneaky" way not to get anything on film.
    I have no doubt that some would use such tricks. But this time the unmarked car approached "pulled in at me head on" according to BB. The other car might've had an opportunity to get some video too.

The video, if any, is very important to what should follow.

Post imported post

The rumor going around SW Detroit is that the unmarked police cars are a special task force going after felons with guns. 4 officers to a car and they get a $5000 reward for each illegal gun.

Post imported post

bossbart wrote:
    Anyway when I left his garage going back down Vernor I stopped at the red light at Central.
    I'm not too far from there, Central and McGraw area.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

You sir are a genius! I like you, would open a gun store; in Detroit, then offer discounts on training and purchases to those that agreed to OC after completion of said training. That would be a swift kick in their pants, all while giving some of the people that need it the most a chance to defend themselves, their families and other law abiding citizens.

Thanks for the awesome daydream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malignity wrote:
    DPD obviously wants another lawsuit. Feiger is more than happy to sue them, according to latest news. I'm sure you, as like many, cannot afford a lawsuit, and they know this, and will continue until someone spanks them for a couple million. Personally, if I ever won a case involving that kinda money, I could probably open myself a pretty sweet gunstore...
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Hey Savage & Bart,

We should work on doing something in Patton park over the summer? What do you think?

DPD & DFD play softball there....that would be a wake up call for them.

DPD job specs.

http://www.detroitmi.gov/Departments...2/Default.aspx
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

What disturbed me most of all during this stop was the LEO who pulled the bossbart’s clothing back over his gun to conceal it before he rode away on his bicycle. That LEO violated one of the citizen’s most fundamental rights; to bear arms, in that moment. That is no different than if bossbart had had a necklace with a religious symbol such as a Christian Cross, Star of David, or the Islamic crescent moon on it and the LEO stuffed it back inside his shirt because he found it offensive to look at.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast