• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped by DPD Today

bb

imported post

Was oc,ing on bicycle ride to a friends garage. On my way passed a DP car parked, Friend was not there, called him on cell phone and when I put my cell phone back in the case I must have accidently covered my gun. Anyway when I left his garage going back down Vernor I stopped at the red light at Central. All of a sudden a unmarked pulled in at me head on, Three plainclothes officers got out, guns drawn, one leveled at me,Was told to put hands up, One officer approached and I informed him I had a CPL and was carrying, Informed him were gun was, He lifted my shirt and removed it,Asked forCPL and license, Gave them to him, Marked car also pulled up, One officer said they had a bunch of calls on me, I think the marked car that pulled up was the same one parked that I passed with a officer sitting in. Stop lasted about 5 minutes, Asked if being detained, Officer said no, as soon as we write your info down u are free to go_Officer put my gun back in my holster and pulled my shirt over it, Ipulled my shirt up and tucked it bebind my gun so it wasit plain sight and rode away with the marked car still there.

Have audio but Ineed help uploading.....

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

"The biggest concern is you get a large number of people like at the Ponderosa-- it's going to be chaos. Somebody's going to get hurt," Sheriff Wriggelsworth says.

Okay, now I know what hemeant, the Police will hurt a law abiding citizen, now I understand.

bb

imported post

Venator wrote:
"The biggest concern is you get a large number of people like at the Ponderosa-- it's going to be chaos. Somebody's going to get hurt," Sheriff Wriggelsworth says.

Okay, now I know what hemeant, the Police will hurt a law abiding citizen, now I understand.
I think u posted in the wrong post

DanM

imported post

bossbart wrote:
Asked if being detained, Officer said no, as soon as we write your info down u are free to go_Officer put my gun back in my holster . . .
You were detained. Stopped at gunpoint, your weapon seized temporarily, police investigatingand writing info down . . . it's laughable if anyone triesto argue you were "free to go", or should have reasonably assumed you were free to go,at any time during your encounter.

Yes, you were detained. It mayhave been a legal detention, but maybe not. Also, the guns pointed at you may have been a legal act, or may have been a crime if there was no legal justification to do so. Depends on the totality of circumstances, which you won't have a better idea of unless you FOIA all info.

malignity

imported post

DPD obviously wants another lawsuit. Feiger is more than happy to sue them, according to latest news. I'm sure you, as like many, cannot afford a lawsuit, and they know this, and will continue until someone spanks them for a couple million. Personally, if I ever won a case involving that kinda money, I could probably open myself a pretty sweet gunstore...

DanM

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
isn't being held at gunpoint assault?
No, not if there is a justification to hold someone at gunpoint.

can i point my gun at people even if they aren't doing anything illegal?
Yes, if you have a reasonable belief that someone is acting or about to act in a way which the law justifies the level of force implicit in pointing a gun at them. Laws governing use of force rarely prescribe that the person you are using force against must actually be doing something illegal, only that you have a reasonable belief that they are. There are more than a fewcases(usually tragic)where justifiable force was usedon someone on the basis of reasonable beliefwhich turned out that the person upon whom force was used was in fact notacting inthe way the person using force reasonably believed. For example, cases in which drunken people, late atnight, merely are entering a domicile they think is theirs butturns out to be someone else's and they have weapons pointed at them or get shot, because the owner reasonably fears for his life.

CrimDoc

imported post

The holding people at gunpoint part really has me concerned. I understand that the PD needs to investigate "man with a gun" calls when citizens call them in. I do NOT understand why the cops need to show up with guns drawn, pointing them at people.

We've seen COUNTLESS tragic incidents where a drawn gun "goes off" (read ... someone negligently pulls the trigger) and kills someone.

Police who illegally draw on someone without justification should be held accountable.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CrimDoc wrote:
The holding people at gunpoint part really has me concerned. I understand that the PD needs to investigate "man with a gun" calls when citizens call them in. I do NOT understand why the cops need to show up with guns drawn, pointing them at people.

We've seen COUNTLESS tragic incidents where a drawn gun "goes off" (read ... someone negligently pulls the trigger) and kills someone.

Police who illegally draw on someone without justification should be held accountable.
Really? You are really asking this question? Why do you think they did this? Officer safety? Perhaps, but my opinion is citizen harassment and an attempt to discourage OC.

You have been in an ivory tower too long.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DanM wrote:
bossbart wrote:
Three plainclothes officers got out, guns drawn, one leveled at me,Was told to put hands up . . .
. . .
Also, the guns pointed at you may have been a legal act, or may have been a crime if there was no legal justification to do so.

Only one gun was "pointed" at BB. That is, if his "leveled" is the equivalent of"pointed."

But one may be enough, if it was indeed "pointed" at BB.

Danbus had a gun pointed directly at him in Norfolk VA outside a bank a couple of years ago and, as it turned out, not justifiably. He collected $10,000 for that unjustified use of force/assault. Out of court settlement, IIRC.

Was there dash cam video involved involved, BB?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

bossbart wrote:
snip'

Asked if being detained, Officer said no, as soon as we write your info down u are free to go.
Doublespeak, anyone? What a crock. "You're not being detained, but you can't leave yet". WTH.

:banghead:

bb

imported post

yes it was pointed right at me by one officer, thesecond officer had his weapon out but pointed toward the ground, The 3rdI alsothink he had his weapon out it was pointed toward the ground

Need help uploading audio

lapeer20m

imported post

i will gladly help you upload the audio.

mike stille is an expert (in my book) when it comes to transferring large quantities of audio/video data.

the method i use is to open the audio file in a program like windows movie maker then save as a *.mpg or *.wmv file. Then it's easy to upload to youtube.

are you able to transfer the audio to your pc? My recorder does not have that option, so i use a headphone jack to connect the recorder to my pc and record the audio manually onto my hard drive.

i'll send you my number via pm if you'd like.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

T Vance wrote:
HankT wrote:
Was there dash cam video involved involved, BB?
Sounded like he said the unmarked car pulled in front of him. Sounds like a "sneaky" way not to get anything on film.

I have no doubt that some would use such tricks. But this time the unmarked car approached "pulled in at me head on" according to BB. The other car might've had an opportunity to get some video too.

The video, if any, is very important to what should follow.