• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped by DPD Today

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You sir are a genius! I like you, would open a gun store; in Detroit, then offer discounts on training and purchases to those that agreed to OC after completion of said training. That would be a swift kick in their pants, all while giving some of the people that need it the most a chance to defend themselves, their families and other law abiding citizens.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Thanks for the awesome daydream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malignity wrote:
DPD obviously wants another lawsuit. Feiger is more than happy to sue them, according to latest news. I'm sure you, as like many, cannot afford a lawsuit, and they know this, and will continue until someone spanks them for a couple million. Personally, if I ever won a case involving that kinda money, I could probably open myself a pretty sweet gunstore...

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

What disturbed me most of all during this stop was the LEO who pulled the bossbart’s clothing back over his gun to conceal it before he rode away on his bicycle. That LEO violated one of the citizen’s most fundamental rights; to bear arms, in that moment. That is no different than if bossbart had had a necklace with a religious symbol such as a Christian Cross, Star of David, or the Islamic crescent moon on it and the LEO stuffed it back inside his shirt because he found it offensive to look at.

bb

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
i will gladly help you upload the audio.

mike stille is an expert (in my book) when it comes to transferring large quantities of audio/video data.

the method i use is to open the audio file in a program like windows movie maker then save as a *.mpg or *.wmv file. Then it's easy to upload to youtube.

are you able to transfer the audio to your pc? My recorder does not have that option, so i use a headphone jack to connect the recorder to my pc and record the audio manually onto my hard drive.

i'll send you my number via pm if you'd like.
lapeer send me your number

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
What disturbed me most of all during this stop was the LEO who pulled the bossbart’s clothing back over his gun to conceal it before he rode away on his bicycle. That LEO violated one of the citizen’s most fundamental rights; to bear arms, in that moment. That is no different than if bossbart had had a necklace with a religious symbol such as a Christian Cross, Star of David, or the Islamic crescent moon on it and the LEO stuffed it back inside his shirt because he found it offensive to look at.
That is a stttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrecccccccccchhhhhhh.

bb

imported post

While riding to friends garage I was oc,ing,When i got to his garage he was not there so I called him on my cell phone, My cell phone case was next to my holster clipped on my belt, When Iput my cell phone back in the case my T shirt got pulled over my gun so it was completely concealed. When I got stoped my gun wascompletelyconcealed. No part was showing.

Vernor runs east & west, I was on the north side traveling w on the sidewalk, when I stopped at the corner of vernor & central, to wait for pedestrian crosslight to change, This unmarked car was traveling east on vernor, it turned at the light as if to go north on central but instead pull toward me head on, For a second I thought the car was going to hit me head on. It was a blue Impala, 3 officers jumped out dressed in dress shirts and dress pants , The one at the drivers side had is gun pointed at me and the otherby the passenger side had their guns drawn but pointed down, was told to put hands up,

The 2 whith their guns pointed down are the ones that approached me,I was still sitting on bicycle, The two approached one toward me and the other to my lelt side. I informed I had CPL & a weapon, Office asked were it was, told him and he lifted my shirt and removed it, After removed all officers guns were holstered,The one that took my ID went to the car ,The one on my left stayed there and the one at the drivers side stayed there.

All of this happened really fast, I was like stunned

As soon as lapeer 20 gets a hold of me and helps with audio upload it will be posted.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

bossbart wrote:
While riding to friends garage I was oc,ing,When i got to his garage he was not there so I called him on my cell phone, My cell phone case was next to my holster clipped on my belt, When Iput my cell phone back in the case my T shirt got pulled over my gun so it was completely concealed. When I got stoped my gun wascompletelyconcealed. No part was showing.
Hmm, does that mean that the LEOs had no RAS to stop you?

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

HankT wrote:
cmdr_iceman71 wrote:

To write that my argument is a stretch without backing it up with a cogent argument of your own is meaningless.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
Not really.

Savage.Detroit

bb

imported post

bossbart wrote:

Vernor runs east & west, I was on the north side traveling w on the sidewalk, when I stopped at the corner of vernor & central, to wait for pedestrian crosslight to change, This unmarked car was traveling east on vernor, it turned at the light as if to go north on central but instead pull toward me head on, For a second I thought the car was going to hit me head on. It was a blue Impala, 3 officers jumped out dressed in dress shirts and dress pants , The one at the drivers side had is gun pointed at me and the otherby the passenger side had their guns drawn but pointed down, was told to put hands up,

The 2 whith their guns pointed down are the ones that approached me,I was still sitting on bicycle, The two approached one toward me and the other to my lelt side. I informed I had CPL & a weapon, Office asked were it was, told him and he lifted my shirt and removed it, After removed all officers guns were holstered,The one that took my ID went to the car ,The one on my left stayed there and the one at the drivers side stayed there.

As soon as lapeer 20 gets a hold of me and helps with audio upload it will be posted.
It's looks likeanytime the pd gets amwag call you are going to be stopped, but at gunpoint, there is no cause for that

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

bossbart wrote:

And that right there is why you carry 2 or 3

Make sure you demand that their commander comes to the scene. After all is said and done you can totally embarrass the cops by telling the commander that they failed to check you for other weapons.
:)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
The rumor going around SW Detroit is that the unmarked police cars are a special task force going after felons with guns. 4 officers to a car and they get a $5000 reward for each illegal gun.
Project CRUSADERS

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/05/detroit_police_blitz_criminals.html

In part:

Working with local, state and federal agencies, officers saturate part of the city where data shows spikes in violent crime. Teams cast a wide net: Asking drivers for valid licenses or targeting low-level drug dealers has lead to larger drug busts, weapons seizures and even violent fugitives.

"You get the cars away from them. You use the small stuff: no headlights, cracked windshields," said Officer Brandon Cole, who is assigned to the tactical mobile unit. "If they have no driver's license, you can get into the car and get guns and dope. It's so simple."

Since Project CRUSADERS launched last summer, crime rates have dropped and several hundred arrests — including 200 in the first two days of traffic stops, drug raids and warrant investigations — have been made. It allowed the cash-strapped city to make a hard dent in crime with an undermanned police force.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dougwg wrote:
...ffice asked were it was, told him and he lifted my shirt and removed it, After removed all officers guns were holstered,The one that took my ID went to the car ,The one on my left stayed there and the one at the drivers side stayed there.

Make sure you demand that their commander comes to the scene. After all is said and done you can totally embarrass the cops by telling the commander that they failed to check you for other weapons.

Wow. That would be a LOT of work, carrying one or two more guns,just for that particular extremely-remote possibility...

Also, maybe the three LEOs did somehow visually check BB for more weapons (and would have secured them if they'd been there.)

Really, it's a LOT of work to carry 3 guns. You gotta have an exxxxxtreeeme purpose to do that.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
dougwg wrote:
...ffice asked were it was, told him and he lifted my shirt and removed it, After removed all officers guns were holstered,The one that took my ID went to the car ,The one on my left stayed there and the one at the drivers side stayed there.

Wow. That would be a LOT of work, carrying one or two more guns,just for that particular extremely-remote possibility...

Also, maybe the three LEOs did somehow visually check BB for more weapons (and would have secured them if they'd been there.)

Really, it's a LOT of work to carry 3 guns. You gotta have an exxxxxtreeeme purpose to do that.
um... ok.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Let's get it rolling! :D

PM me if you want and we'll start working on the details.

I just threw the SPECS in because they are pretty low in my opinion & this may be why we have so much trouble with DPD.

Savage.Detroit wrote:
Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
Hey Savage & Bart,

We should work on doing something in Patton park over the summer? What do you think?

DPD & DFD play softball there....that would be a wake up call for them.

DPD job specs.

http://www.detroitmi.gov/DepartmentsandAgencies/PoliceDepartment/PoliceJobOpenings/tabid/792/Default.aspx

I am all for it: Patton Park not the DPD job.

CoonDog

imported post

dougwg wrote:

I imagine this would be LMAO funny :lol: right up to the point where they decide to cite me for failure to disclose the other guns. :banghead: