• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Seminar at Gander Mountain in Lansing June 19th

gettysburg

imported post

I was back into Gander Mountain today, still no sign up sheet ( I looked at the gun

counter and checkout). Was the signup sheet idea droped?

Also, they had the flyers covered up by a bunch of different stuff(Ads and gun locks).

I did pick up one of your tri-flolds though.

Can you just add me to the list since I could not find the sign up sheet?

cabman1

imported post

from my source thy had signup sheet but people were covering them up with other things so what im guessing to say is we wont do the sign up thing but we will include you on the list of people and hope alot more show up there were flyer still there thogh right

gettysburg

imported post

Yes, flyers were still there but they had them partially covered.

They didn't seem to have a problem with the baiting ban petition,

it was front and center at both counters.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i just topped off the fliers both at the front desk and firearms desk during the week.

they dont want sign up sheets.

autosurgeon

imported post

Well since they don't want signup sheets we will play it by ear and if there is enough interest day of we will do 2 sessions otherwise we will only do the first one..

I would also bet there is someone that works in the gun dept. that is not keen on the idea even though the manager supports it.

Denny

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I would also bet there is someone that works in the gun dept. that is not keen on the idea even though the manager supports it.
Last I knew there was a retired Eaton County Deputy working there.

cmichsportsman

imported post

I was in there yesterday, they had the sign-up sheet at the customer service counter, I was the only one on there.

autosurgeon

imported post

The problem is they had it at the gun counter but someone kept putting it away...

I wouldn't worry about the signup sheet... we haven't used a signup sheet at other Gander Mountains and we packed the room sooo... :D

cmichsportsman

imported post

I only saw one flyer, it was in the door area. I wasnt on the lookout for them though. I asked about where the seminar was going to be held in the store and the employees seemed to know all about the event but I didn't see much info in the store, including at the firearm counter.

lil_freak_66

imported post

cmichsportsman wrote:
I only saw one flyer, it was in the door area. I wasnt on the lookout for them though. I asked about where the seminar was going to be held in the store and the employees seemed to know all about the event but I didn't see much info in the store, including at the firearm counter.
i know there is(or is supposed to be) a stack at the customer service desk,and then another stack,along with about 2 dozen tri folds at the firearms counter.

cmichsportsman

imported post

The tri-folds have all been taken and there are fliers at the firearms counter but they all gone up front. Looked to be plenty at the back counter.

lil_freak_66

imported post

cmichsportsman wrote:
The tri-folds have all been taken and there are fliers at the firearms counter but they all gone up front. Looked to be plenty at the back counter.
im hoping them being gone is a good thing(meaning people took them to read,and hopefully attend,and not that somebody just put them away)